my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

The bottom line is still this. There is no way to remotely program your PVR anymore unless you have an Apple device or an Android device that has not updated to Lollipop! This function on MyRogers has mysteriously disappeared in the guise of providing a better customer experience - LOL! Updated Android phones no longer have a functioning app. Windows phones or BlackBerrys never had an app. Rogers will no longer comment on this issue on these forums. If you are like me, what other conclusion could you come to? 

I'm a Senior Advisor

My LG phone is Android v.4.1.2 and the app does not give me a way to sign in. Not that I'd ever want to attempt to navigate the Guide on a 2.5" screen anyway.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

The only way I want to try and navigate the guide (other than using the PVR) is on a computer. In fact, for me it is the only way that I can navigate the guide since the app does not work on my Android phone, but like you said OLDYELLR, who wants to do this on a very small screen? It has now been a month since MyRogers has been updated (shall we say downgraded?) and still, this function has not been restored. Is it not about time that someone from Rogers weighed in and provided us with some answers?

I've Been Around

Just want to add my vote that it is unacceptable to remove a function that is useful and popular. Seems tome the new site is just organized more around sales and less around cutomer support.

@Canada_Mike  Exactly! Rogers seems to have had no issues with providing links for customers to sign up to their many so-called promotions, yet when it comes to providing customers with service, well I guess that has taken a backseat! Unless I am mistaken, it would be a simple fix. On the previous MyRogers site, the link was included to program your PVR. How simple would it be to add this link back in? Yet a month has gone by and nothing is happening with respect to fixing this issue and Rogers moderators are now strangely silent on the issue whereas a few weeks ago they admitted that there was in fact an issue!

I'm a Senior Advisor

Here is what I believe. It has to have been a top level management decision to cater to the iPhone and iPad people while ditching (for now?) PVR management via computers. There's a lot of revenue to be made from data.

Yet the new Rogers CEO stated very clearly that customer service was a top priority! Why are things going backwards instead of forwards? Plus the bttom line is that with iPads and iPhones and any other device, people can now readily use WiFi. Data plans are actually becoming much less important these days - at least large data plans - with the increasing prevalence of WiFi!

I'm a Senior Advisor

All I can conjecture is that the iPeople outnumber us computer users.  Smiley Wink

Right! And the rest of us suffer! Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

Programming future recordings, especially those that are several days in the future, via the NextBox PVR built-in functions is a real pain in the tukus.

It was much easier with the much loved but now deleted PC browser based MYGuide.

Smartphone apps are ok for some people but not for me:

a) I don't use a smart phone

and even if I did 

b) the screen is very tiny and the guide is extremely hard to read especially for a visually average baby boomer

I repeat:

It was much easier to setup PVR recordings with the much loved but now deleted PC browser based MYGuide.

If I forgot to setup a recording in the past and remembered this oversight at the cottage it was easy to remotely manage my PVR with MyGuide. However this weekend I'll be out of luck for the first time in many years. #CryInMyBeer

#ForTheLoveOfGodBringBackMyGuide