my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

Saying that one can download an app really isn't much of an option if you don't have anything to download it to.  There are still some people that don't have ipads or  smart phones.  Strange as it may seem, some people don't even have cell phones.

Exactly! Rogers seems to think that everyone should be using an app these days, even if the apps do not work. All I would like to see is two things. The first is that the ability to program my PVR be restored to MyRogers. The second is a comment from Rogers as to what is going on with this function!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets I totally agree. While being able to manage your PVR via a  smartphone app may be cute, in practice it may not be feasible on a postage stamp size screen. I even found it cumbersome on a full size computer screen when we had that ability. I think it's absolutely irresponsible for Rogers to have disabled this feature only to replace it with an app thst only works on some cellphones and tablets.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

This is exactly a point I have been making - managing your PVR using an app on a 4-5" screen is just not very practical. What I will say though is that when using a full size computer screen, the search function is much easier to navigate than using the PVR search function on your TV. The fact though that Rogers is now ignoring this issue is really frustrating. I suspect they will never bring it back and the message currently found on MyRogers is just a way to placate us until customers forget all about the issue!

I Plan to Stick Around

Unreal....  this stuff really shouldnt surprise me any more.

We pay more and more and get less and less from rogers.

I went through a few support people in "chat" and then finally found the area that tells you,

The links allowing you to do this aren’t available right now, but you can use the Rogers Anyplace TVTM Home Edition app — it’s free!

Firstly, why can't they figure out how to just tell us this.  PRODUCT knowledge is hard.....?

Also,  this was the ONLY reason I used rogers.com 

Can someone from Rogers comment on when/if this is ever coming back ????

And finally the Samsung App I have won't let me login any more.

I think it's related to another issue where rogers.com won't let you change your password (I tried recently)

Has anyone else tried the new password change?

So in conclusion... Pretty new site.     

Missing key functionality I used.   

#ROGERSFAIL again

Spoiler

Signature goes here
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@silentbob wrote:

And finally the Samsung App I have won't let me login any more.

I think it's related to another issue where rogers.com won't let you change your password (I tried recently)

Have you updated your samsung to lolipop? 
Thats probably the issue why.  The lolipop update, pretty much has broken all the rogers apps... something they havent been able to fix yet. Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

I did actually !   

Hmmm,  interesting.

So they wait ages to introduce Rogers users to the Android upgrade (S4) and when they release no one has tested it.

Awesome.

So not entirely Rogers fault but still truly frustrating.

Signature goes here
I Plan to Stick Around

Actually Rogers Tech #12 finally created a case for my password issue.

There is a true site problem when I try to update my password.

"Forgot password" still works  but that's just a workaround for a real site issue.

Signature goes here
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. they SHOULD NOT have released Lolipop, if they COULDNT get their apps working on it. 
(as android updates, are controled by the carriers)

But along the same line... how many 1000's of others would complain even more on how long for it to come out, all the users who NEVER use the apps anyways?

Its one of those cant win either way Smiley Tongue

*crosses fingers, and hope he doesnt jinx it, that the iOS apps are still working Smiley Tongue*

I Plan to Stick Around

It's not Lollipop's fault, it's the creator of the app. It's up to Rogers to not have their app break everytime a software update is released.

Other carriers Telus/Bell etc.. all gave the lollipop too and their apps still work.

And the people who have Rogers for tv but Telus or Bell for cell phone, they have lollipop yet their tv app doesn't work. So Rogers not releasing android when everyone else had it wasn't going to work.

What they were supposed to do is make sure their app works.