my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

Hi @timreuel 

We’d like to help with your issue with accessing your account on rogers.com

I’m going to have someone from @CommunityHelps reach out to you in Private Message, please check our Messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thanks!

@RogersPrasana 

I've Been Around

I used to be able to get to it inside my billing info platform on the right hand side.  I could do my PVRing on the site.

I Plan to Stick Around

IS THIS GOING TO BE RESOLVED? IT'S BEEN OVER TWO WEEKS NOW. THIS IS REDICULOUS AND MAKES MY PVR POINTLESS.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The PVR still works just fine.

The alternate way of accessing it just doesnt.

the other ways, including doing it maunually on the box, still works.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

It is ridiculous Hiro11. Strangely, Rogers no longer seems to be commenting on this issue. Despite the message on the MyRogers page that the function is not available "right now", I would not be surprised at all if this is no longer a priority with Rogers. Everything today seems to "app oriented" so that those of us just using plain old computers seem to be falling by the wayside. 

Yes, it is still quite possible to program using the box itself, but from what I have read and experienced first hand, it is much easier to use the guide and search functions on-line as opposed to the box. Not sure why, but Rogers seems to be failing many customers on this one!

I Plan to Stick Around

Apps would be okay if a) they had apps that worked on all phones - they don't, only iOS and Android; b) they worked - some have complained previously in the thread that they don't work properly and c) everyone had a smart phone or tablet the apps worked on.

Wonder if they'll have apps for Windows 10 since in W-10 apps will work on the desktop?

Probably won't have this fixed before Windows 10 is released anyway   <sigh>

I Plan to Stick Around

I get that the PVR still works. It just doesn't have the functionality that it once had.

Alternative ways? Do you offer an app for the BlackBerry? No.

And doing it manually is very cumbersome and slow. Wouldn't that be backwards thinking? The management system that was available on my PC was easy to use and very effective to program my PVR for the week.

When I'm at my tv, i'd rather be watching it than sitting there programming it.

I Plan to Stick Around

JohnnyRockets, you are so right that it was easier to use online rather than manually.

I hope you are wrong that Rogers isn't viewing this as a high priority. I hope they resolve this soon.

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know about the apps for phones (Not that they offer it for my BB) I prefer the online access as it was nice with a big screen to view multiple hours and channels at once.

I hope we don't have to wait till W10. This should have been fixed by now.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

You are exactly right Hiro11. Rogers keeps telling me that I can download an app for my non-Rogers Android phone. Smiley Wink What good is an app that does not work? As with you, even if the app worked, why would I want to use a 4.5" screen as opposed to a 17" screen? Judging by how long it has taken Rogers to fix other issues, there will be no quick fix for this one. This whole new MyRogers site is totally useless!