my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

What makes it worse is I was using the website way more often because they broke the app with Android and it's been a known issue they haven't fixed for months.

So now I can't use the broken known issue app, can't use the website anymore, then they ask me if I have a tablet that hasn't been updated? Seriously ROGERS that's your solution, hope people have un-updated software on tablets to walk around with? 

I'm a Trusted Contributor

There was a query today about this issue on Facebook. A rep from Rogers has posted two separate comments.

The first: The MyRogers functions are being upgraded over the near future and that function had to be removed as part of that process.

The second:  The option has been removed from [MyRogers]. 

Is this true? If so, why has Rogers not been up front with us and stated this here? 

I wonder too how you can upgrade your site but the upgrade results in less functionality! Is this not a downgrade? 

I'm a Senior Advisor

The term "upgrading" gets thrown around a lot. How is removing an essential function upgrading?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Simply stated, it is not!

I've Been Here Awhile

After the MyRogers upgrade, I can no longer access my internet or cable accounts from the account overview page. I can only access my 2 pay-as-you-go accounts, and even then, only occassionaly - sometimes nothing shows up and I get a message to contact a customer service rep. I tried that last week and they tried to add the accounts manually but then gave up and told me to create a new account. Typical useless response. The 2 pay-as-you-go accounts magically reappeared this mornng, but still no internet or cable accounts. Now I can't check my internet usage.

The short answer is that the MyRogers site is incredibly buggy and the customer support is a joke.

I Plan to Stick Around

either revert to old site or add  my guide & manage my pvr to the new site please

Unfortunately, reverting to the old page is not likely going to happen. I have read that the "Manage My PVR" has now been removed from MyRogers and the fact that Rogers is no longer replying to this issue would seem to confirm this. They seem to be telling people to use the app but unfortunately the app no longer works on Android devices and it also seems to be hit amd miss on Apple devices. There seems to be no concern at all for people who use computers and just want to go online to manage their PVR! Any response Rogers?

After logging into MyRogers this morning and checking once again to see if the  "Manage My PVR" function is available, I noticed the following message from Rogers: 

Need to manage your recordings or view your channel guide?

The links allowing you to do this aren’t available right now, but you can use the Rogers Anyplace TVHome Edition app — it’s free!

So, if the links are not available right now, is there any indication of when they will be available? Not everyone has a device where the app can be downloaded. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Well, at least thats possibly a good sign, that its possibly only temporary..

And might be available LATER

(how later, is the question)

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have 2 devices to which I have downloaded the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app. My LG cellphone, which is Android 4.1.2, but shows no way to sign in, and my Kobo Vox eReader tablet, Android 2.3.4, which lets me sign in and I can see the PVR guide, but the system is so old, slow and klunly it's impossible to navigate.  From whatI'm reading the app doesn't work on the latest Android OS. So for all intents and purposes, the Manage My PVR function is on hiatus.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario