cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my guide & manage my pvr missing

untouchable855
I Plan to Stick Around

Where is My Guide on new site.  I need this  I use it to set my pvr. im disabled and cant use remote

***Edited Labels***

486 REPLIES 486

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@the_Weed wrote:

I've been posting on the the Rogers' Facebook Page. I just posted a link to this Thread and received this reply:

"Hi Bruce, sorry for the inconvenience. You won’t be able to access these functionalities elsewhere, besides your digital cable box for now. We are constantly upgrading our systems and tools for an improved, long term customer experience. These features will be available on desktop once the PVR enhancements are complete"

As I repied to the rep, this is the third or fourth "explanation" I've gotten from Facebook, this Forum and Live Chat.

Hopefully, sometime - preferrably in my lifetime - there will be a resolution to this and we can again see our TV Guide and program our PVRs on our computers, just like we used to be able to do  <sigh>

I searched high and dry for your post and did not find it. Perhaps Rogers deleted it! They have a habit of doing that! Smiley Wink The comment was really telling though: "We are constantly upgrading our systems and tools for an improved, long term customer experience. These features will be available on desktop once the PVR enhancements are complete." First of all, if they are talking about NB3, this has now been out for close to 2 years and if it has not been enhanced by now, it never will be! I also fail to understand how upgrading your system results in a downgrade to customer experience!

@OLDYELLR wrote:

So, by "These features will be available on desktop once the PVR enhancements are complete" I take it to mean not until after the Nextbox 3.0 has been completely debugged. Folks, we may be in for a long wait.

The problem here is that PVR control from our desktop computers wasn't broken, but they broke it when they revamped the website. The NB3 was broken from the beginning. Breaking one thing won't fix another.

Exactly! Is there anything that Rogers does not break?

DragonsOfWine
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Roger's has updated their website and I can't find where they moved the online guide for the NextBox went to. The one that allowed me to connect to and setup my boxes from my laptop

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

They moved it to a trash folder somewhere.

Its not in MyRogers anymore, and nobody will say when it'll be back, if ever.

JohhnyRockets

@DragonsOfWine wrote:

Roger's has updated their website and I can't find where they moved the online guide for the NextBox went to. The one that allowed me to connect to and setup my boxes from my laptop

I suggest you read this thread from the beginning. It is an issue that has now been going on for more than a month with no resolution in sight. As Lurker has suggested, no one from Rogers will comment on this thread any more. Earlier in the thread, they at least acknowledged the issue. Their silence now is definitely deafening!

DragonsOfWine

Great - the one good feature they had and we can't use it.

JohhnyRockets

Nope! Judging by the lack of repsonse from Rogers now, they don't care either!

Here's the thing though. We travel a lot, sometimes a month or more out of town. You can only view the guide one week in advance so you cannot program everything you would like to before you go away. We use computers, not tablets. We do not have an iPhone. We use Android phones and the app does not work on the latest version (Lollipop). Even if it did, who in their right mind wants to scroll through the guide on a 4" screen? The fact that Rogers can never get their act together is very disappointing!

mojoscot2
I Plan to Stick Around

I travel and always used the manage PVR to record my shows, now it's no longer there.  I don't have iphone and it's ridiculous that something that worked great for so many people was removed.  When will it be back, it's been quite a while now that it hasn't worked.

JohhnyRockets

@RogersAsif wrote:

Hello Community

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I’m sure many of you are frustrated going without this featureSmiley Sad

Rogers is aware of the issue and is working to resolve the problem.

We apologize for the inconvenience and understand the frustration for users who currently don't have access to the Rogers Anyplace TV App Home Edition app. You won’t be able to access these functionalities elsewhere, besides your digital cable box for now.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

RogersAsif

It has now been a month since anyone from Rogers has commented on this thread. How patient and understanding are we supposed to be? 

JohhnyRockets

Just want to keep this thread alive until we actually hear from Rogers! Will the ability to manage our PVR ever be restored on MyRogers?

I missed the Formula 1 race on the weekend. Forgot to program the PVR and remembered at the cottage. No "My Guide" makes no sense!

mojoscot2
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't understand why, when this is a hi tech company, something that was available and functioned well before - no longer does.  Why go backward?  I too want to keep this post alive until they respond with a 'fix' date.  I have called as well and no one seems to know when this will be available again.  Come on Rogers - get a move on, how hard can it be to put something back that was there and working?

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I suspect it's a result of the website facelift. Clearly, the team that did it are new and were not aware of all the functions it served and put style ahead of function. There are a lot of things wrong, like logging in to the forum from an email notification and then having to find the forum.  Finding my Rogers Bills even requires a workaround because the new page comes up instead of the more useful old one. I've tried to find my old TV page the same way, but it's been replaced by a dumbed-down fancy-looking one.

I'm sure Rogers is well aware of the mess and hopefully doing something about it instead of just telling customers to get iPads to manage their PVRs. It would be nice if Rogers gave us at least weekly updates on how this is going.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

JohhnyRockets

We do know for a fact that Rogers is aware of the issue. They have commented here on the issue - but not in more than a month now. It is also posted on MyRogers that the function to program your PVR is not available "right now". The "right now" would suggest that this function will return. The fact that Rogers will no longer comment here to at least give us an update makes me, for one, very dubious!

lensman

After much messing around I was able to gain access to the Guide and schedule recordings. (Don't yet know if they worked!). I had to D/L My Rogers onto my (Android) tablet and from with that app I then clicked on a link to D/L the Home Edition. The Guide seems to be working within that now.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, in some cases you can get an app for your phone or tablet and access your PVR, but it's a bit useless on a tiny phone screen. The app for my Android phone does not let me log in and my Kobo Vox Android tablet is too old and underpowered to be useful. This thread is about being able to manage your PVR with a real computer, which Rogers broke when revamping the website.  Using a phone app is not an acceptable substitute.

JohhnyRockets

As usual, OLDYELLR is correct. "This thread is about being able to manage your PVR with a real computer". It is interesting to note also that apparently the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app has been removed from Google play. My Rogers shows a link to download the app and clicking on it brings up the following message: We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server. So it appears that unless you have an Apple device, you are plain out of luck to remotely manage your PVR! 

lensman

Yes, I agree with the comments about not being able access the Guide on the computer. Quite an onerous "technical" ommission on their part....

With regards to getting the guide on anything other  than an Apple product that is incorrect. I did it the very day I posted my first message on my Galaxy Tab4. And have now confirmed the record function worked. I did not find it directly in the Play store but rather had to click on a link after I installed the MyRogers app.

JohhnyRockets

I would be very curious to see the link that you got. Could you possibly post it? When I sign in to MyRogers on the computer, they too have a link to download the app for Android - both mobile and tablet. This is the link I get.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?hl=en&id=com.alldigital.rogers.streamb.android

The message when I click the link is as follows: Not Found

We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.

Is it possible you were able to download it before it was removed? You also must have an older version of Android since on Lollipop, the app has been out of commision for about 6 months now!

There is also an interesting post on another forum: App developers can prevent their apps from showing up in the search results if your device is not compatible. I guess Rogers has put on that restriction as they probably don't have any immediate plans and they don't want anymore bad reviews.

As for the guide not being available on the computer, I am beginning to think it will never return as it has now been well over a month since Rogers has even replied here! 

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets wrote:

I would be very curious to see the link that you got. Could you possibly post it? When I sign in to MyRogers on the computer, they too have a link to download the app for Android - both mobile and tablet. This is the link I get.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?hl=en&id=com.alldigital.rogers.streamb.android

The message when I click the link is as follows: Not Found

We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.

That's interesting. When I click the link on my computer it tells me I have it installed. I did download it and install it both on my LG phone and my Kobo Vox tablet. When I click install, I get this:

pic.jpg

In fact, it's installed and does work on my obsolete Vox (Android v.2.3.4), but the tablet is primarily an eReader and very underpowered as a tablet, so it hangs trying to scroll the grid and select a show, but I did actually manage to schedule a recording.

I also installed the app on my LG phone (Android v.4.1.2), but can't get it to work because the Rogers login screen does not show my username and password or any way to enter it, so I can't log in. So I can't even see whether the screen would be too small to navigate the grid.

Anyway, I believe this thread is about getting PVR scheduling back on our computers, not putting apps on other devices.

lensman

Not sure I can help you, JohhnyR with regards to that link. It may be a device error you are encountering. My Galaxy Tab4 is pretty new (3 months?) and using newest OS as I recall.

About the link not showing up in a search. Well, for me it didn't show up in a direct search, either. Could only access from MyRogers. Which, as you theorise, could mean that Rogers doesn't need any more bad reviews from people downloading from a direct search onto a non-compatible device (i.e. ALL devices shown as incompatible unless MyRogers is downloaded ??).

And, yes, very annoying not being able to access Guide from a computer. Small screens are not the best way of viewing the Guide.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I Googled "Google Play", went there, then searched for "rogers" and chose "rogers home edition", then clicked the only Rogers app that came up, Rogers Anyplace TV, which said "Installed" When I clicked that, this is what I got now, which is different from yesterday.

Clipboard01.jpg

The app I saw yesterday did not come up anymore, only Rogers Anyplace TV. I remember trying to install that one on my Vox a long time ago and it waqsn'tcompatible.  I also installed it on my phone before I found Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition. Now RAPTV Home Edition doesn't even come up in the search, just like @JohhnyRockets said.  Strange indeed.