cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my guide & manage my pvr missing

untouchable855
I Plan to Stick Around

Where is My Guide on new site.  I need this  I use it to set my pvr. im disabled and cant use remote

***Edited Labels***

486 REPLIES 486

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

This is exactly a point I have been making - managing your PVR using an app on a 4-5" screen is just not very practical. What I will say though is that when using a full size computer screen, the search function is much easier to navigate than using the PVR search function on your TV. The fact though that Rogers is now ignoring this issue is really frustrating. I suspect they will never bring it back and the message currently found on MyRogers is just a way to placate us until customers forget all about the issue!

silentbob
I Plan to Stick Around

Unreal....  this stuff really shouldnt surprise me any more.

We pay more and more and get less and less from rogers.

I went through a few support people in "chat" and then finally found the area that tells you,

The links allowing you to do this aren’t available right now, but you can use the Rogers Anyplace TVTM Home Edition app — it’s free!

Firstly, why can't they figure out how to just tell us this.  PRODUCT knowledge is hard.....?

Also,  this was the ONLY reason I used rogers.com 

Can someone from Rogers comment on when/if this is ever coming back ????

And finally the Samsung App I have won't let me login any more.

I think it's related to another issue where rogers.com won't let you change your password (I tried recently)

Has anyone else tried the new password change?

So in conclusion... Pretty new site.     

Missing key functionality I used.   

#ROGERSFAIL again

Spoiler

Signature goes here

@silentbob wrote:

And finally the Samsung App I have won't let me login any more.

I think it's related to another issue where rogers.com won't let you change your password (I tried recently)

Have you updated your samsung to lolipop? 
Thats probably the issue why.  The lolipop update, pretty much has broken all the rogers apps... something they havent been able to fix yet. 😞

silentbob
I Plan to Stick Around

I did actually !   

Hmmm,  interesting.

So they wait ages to introduce Rogers users to the Android upgrade (S4) and when they release no one has tested it.

Awesome.

So not entirely Rogers fault but still truly frustrating.

Signature goes here

silentbob
I Plan to Stick Around

Actually Rogers Tech #12 finally created a case for my password issue.

There is a true site problem when I try to update my password.

"Forgot password" still works  but that's just a workaround for a real site issue.

Signature goes here

Yeah.. they SHOULD NOT have released Lolipop, if they COULDNT get their apps working on it. 
(as android updates, are controled by the carriers)

But along the same line... how many 1000's of others would complain even more on how long for it to come out, all the users who NEVER use the apps anyways?

Its one of those cant win either way 😛

*crosses fingers, and hope he doesnt jinx it, that the iOS apps are still working :P*

kso
I Plan to Stick Around
It's not Lollipop's fault, it's the creator of the app. It's up to Rogers to not have their app break everytime a software update is released.

Other carriers Telus/Bell etc.. all gave the lollipop too and their apps still work.

And the people who have Rogers for tv but Telus or Bell for cell phone, they have lollipop yet their tv app doesn't work. So Rogers not releasing android when everyone else had it wasn't going to work.

What they were supposed to do is make sure their app works.

JohhnyRockets

The bottom line is still this. There is no way to remotely program your PVR anymore unless you have an Apple device or an Android device that has not updated to Lollipop! This function on MyRogers has mysteriously disappeared in the guise of providing a better customer experience - LOL! Updated Android phones no longer have a functioning app. Windows phones or BlackBerrys never had an app. Rogers will no longer comment on this issue on these forums. If you are like me, what other conclusion could you come to? 

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

My LG phone is Android v.4.1.2 and the app does not give me a way to sign in. Not that I'd ever want to attempt to navigate the Guide on a 2.5" screen anyway.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

JohhnyRockets

The only way I want to try and navigate the guide (other than using the PVR) is on a computer. In fact, for me it is the only way that I can navigate the guide since the app does not work on my Android phone, but like you said OLDYELLR, who wants to do this on a very small screen? It has now been a month since MyRogers has been updated (shall we say downgraded?) and still, this function has not been restored. Is it not about time that someone from Rogers weighed in and provided us with some answers?

Just want to add my vote that it is unacceptable to remove a function that is useful and popular. Seems tome the new site is just organized more around sales and less around cutomer support.

JohhnyRockets

@Canada_Mike  Exactly! Rogers seems to have had no issues with providing links for customers to sign up to their many so-called promotions, yet when it comes to providing customers with service, well I guess that has taken a backseat! Unless I am mistaken, it would be a simple fix. On the previous MyRogers site, the link was included to program your PVR. How simple would it be to add this link back in? Yet a month has gone by and nothing is happening with respect to fixing this issue and Rogers moderators are now strangely silent on the issue whereas a few weeks ago they admitted that there was in fact an issue!

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Here is what I believe. It has to have been a top level management decision to cater to the iPhone and iPad people while ditching (for now?) PVR management via computers. There's a lot of revenue to be made from data.

JohhnyRockets

Yet the new Rogers CEO stated very clearly that customer service was a top priority! Why are things going backwards instead of forwards? Plus the bttom line is that with iPads and iPhones and any other device, people can now readily use WiFi. Data plans are actually becoming much less important these days - at least large data plans - with the increasing prevalence of WiFi!

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

All I can conjecture is that the iPeople outnumber us computer users.  😉

JohhnyRockets

Right! And the rest of us suffer! Smiley Sad

boulevardier
I Plan to Stick Around

Programming future recordings, especially those that are several days in the future, via the NextBox PVR built-in functions is a real pain in the tukus.

It was much easier with the much loved but now deleted PC browser based MYGuide.

Smartphone apps are ok for some people but not for me:

a) I don't use a smart phone

and even if I did 

b) the screen is very tiny and the guide is extremely hard to read especially for a visually average baby boomer

I repeat:

It was much easier to setup PVR recordings with the much loved but now deleted PC browser based MYGuide.

If I forgot to setup a recording in the past and remembered this oversight at the cottage it was easy to remotely manage my PVR with MyGuide. However this weekend I'll be out of luck for the first time in many years. #CryInMyBeer

#ForTheLoveOfGodBringBackMyGuide

kso
I Plan to Stick Around
If they're catering to smart phone users its a bad job, because anyone with an updated Android can't access their PVR too because the apps been broken for months since lollipop came out.

I was using the web now can't.

JohhnyRockets

@boulevardier wrote:

Programming future recordings, especially those that are several days in the future, via the NextBox PVR built-in functions is a real pain in the tukus.

It was much easier with the much loved but now deleted PC browser based MYGuide.

Smartphone apps are ok for some people but not for me:

a) I don't use a smart phone

and even if I did 

b) the screen is very tiny and the guide is extremely hard to read especially for a visually average baby boomer

I repeat:

It was much easier to setup PVR recordings with the much loved but now deleted PC browser based MYGuide.

If I forgot to setup a recording in the past and remembered this oversight at the cottage it was easy to remotely manage my PVR with MyGuide. However this weekend I'll be out of luck for the first time in many years. #CryInMyBeer

#ForTheLoveOfGodBringBackMyGuide

You are 100% correct and make a number of great points. Somehow, we are not getting through to Rogers. Either that, or they have just stopped listening to us. I do not want to use my phone either. I agree with you that the screen is much too small. Even if I did consider using my phone, it is an Android phone and with the latest Lollipop update, you can no longer use it either - another thing that Rogers is lagging behind on. 

Like you, we rely on using the ability to manage our PVR when we are away - though MyRogers. Knowing Rogers like I do, this will still not be fixed when we head to Florida in 2016 - and this is pretty pathetic!

Please Rogers - give us an update on this issue!

BH-TW
I Plan to Stick Around

I've been posting on the the Rogers' Facebook Page. I just posted a link to this Thread and received this reply:

"Hi Bruce, sorry for the inconvenience. You won’t be able to access these functionalities elsewhere, besides your digital cable box for now. We are constantly upgrading our systems and tools for an improved, long term customer experience. These features will be available on desktop once the PVR enhancements are complete"

As I repied to the rep, this is the third or fourth "explanation" I've gotten from Facebook, this Forum and Live Chat.

Hopefully, sometime - preferrably in my lifetime - there will be a resolution to this and we can again see our TV Guide and program our PVRs on our computers, just like we used to be able to do  <sigh>

And I just received this to my reply:

"I do apologise for the conflicting information, however, I am completely confident in the information I have given to you. I hope you have a great weekend and please don't hesitate to reach out to us here if you have any questions or concerns. "

Time - probably lots of it - will tell.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@the_Weed wrote:

I've been posting on the the Rogers' Facebook Page. I just posted a link to this Thread and received this reply:

"Hi Bruce, sorry for the inconvenience. You won’t be able to access these functionalities elsewhere, besides your digital cable box for now. We are constantly upgrading our systems and tools for an improved, long term customer experience. These features will be available on desktop once the PVR enhancements are complete"

So, by "These features will be available on desktop once the PVR enhancements are complete" I take it to mean not until after the Nextbox 3.0 has been completely debugged. Folks, we may be in for a long wait.

The problem here is that PVR control from our desktop computers wasn't broken, but they broke it when they revamped the website. The NB3 was broken from the beginning. Breaking one thing won't fix another.