my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

@Lurker wrote:

And what is the interim solution for those who don't have/refuse to buy Apple products?

I have both a smartphone and a tablet, and can't use the app because Rogers doesn't make one for my equipment (Win8).

From what I've read, the Android version of the app doesn't work either.

What's the interim solution for the rest of us?

Tablet or Smartphone surely doesn't mean Apple (but since you're using Win 8, you must have drank somebody's coolaid. Smiley Tongue

I couldn't log into the app with my LG basic Android smartphone. Maybe I'll try my old Kobo Vox e-reader tablet, but I don't hold any hope because it's only Android v.2.3.4 and no longer supported.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersAsif wrote:

We apologize for the inconvenience and understand the frustration for users who currently don't have access to the Rogers Anyplace TV App Home Edition app.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

RogersAsif

Once again, we thank you for your reply and for being invloved with this issue. However, telling us to use  Smartphones/Tablets just does not cut it for us computer users. Thanking us for our understanding and patience or apologizing for the inconvenience is wearing a little thin. What we do know is that in the past when Rogers has messed up a new version/format for MyRogers (which has happened quite often) that they have had the ability to revert back to the previous page until all of the kinks have been ironed out. Why not do this again?

Sorry, but whomever tagged this as a solution, it should be removed. As yet there is no solution; there is nothing but frustration!

I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, I did manage to get the Rogers Anyplace TV App Home Edition on my Kobo Vox tablet. Due to its slow operating system, it's a bit clunky and hard to navigate. I also see a lot of  "Manual Recordings" in place of scheduled recordings and even one that I never recorded and don't actually have. I'd say it's a bit buggy, at least on Android 2.3.4. Anyway, I only have my Vox with me when I expect to be in a waiting room where I can read a book and most of those don't have free wifi. But the same would go for my LG cellphone, because I don't use data. It seems ludicrous that there would be a smartphone/tablet app for managing my PVR, but the computer app that already existed is gone.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Only one word that expresses how I feel about this company right now - SAD! Smiley Sad

I Plan to Stick Around

any more info or eta on getting this service back

I Plan to Stick Around

"What is even more important are the features that are no longer included. As mentioned by others above (Hiro11 and matthews65), where is the ability to manage my PVR online? The on-line guide is no longer there and we cannot access our PVR and schedule recordings or any other function we had in the past. 

If this is what Rogers call a makeover, I would suggest Rogers go back to what actually worked (most of the time) a few days ago. This new MyRogers page is the sorriest excuse for an account page that I have ever seen! "

Yes, where is the ability to program my NextBox gone, it's one of the things I use regularly.

Yes, where is the ability to program my NextBox gone, it's one of the things I use regularly.

It is gone and we seem not to be getting any straight answers from Rogers as to when it will be back. Rather than switch back to the previous version of MyRogers when things were working (relatively speaking as far as Rogers is concerned), Rogers seems intent on sticking with this new version despite the fact that it is fraught with problems! Smiley Mad

I've Been Here Awhile

Is their any indication of when this might get fixed very frustyrating losing this function and the home edition app not working on Android after the lollipop update. A note dated about a week ago (currently April 23) but I haven't seen any sort of message or solution. 

Hopefully in the future Rogers will use real world user to test the website for changes.

No there has been no word from Rogers in about a week now. The ability to manage our PVR from the MyRogers site was extremely important and should be nothing more than adding a link to this service. I notice they had no issues putting in links on the site to register for Rogers Easy Pay, sign up for First Rewards or to use Roam Like Home, none of which I am the least bit interested in. But when it comes to a service that I actually used, Rogers comes up short once again!

I've Been Here Awhile

i have not been able to access my acct or my usage on myrogers.com for a week now 

i have called in 3 times   chatted twice    no change       

i have had my password reset 3 times  

answer is   we are doing maintenance      my month ends on the 20th   so i needed to check  my usage

you can bet i would be charged if i went over

the reps you talk to are not informed that maintenance is under way ??????

i strongly agree that rogers messes around with sites that are working well & causes more problems & frustration

i have been a customer for along time   it has always been like this 

i will probably still be calling in when may 20th approaches   as i will still not be able to connect