my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

We usually program our PVR using the TV. However, we also travel a lot and often program our PVR remotely through our laptop computer through MyRogers. We also use this function to check to see that our programmed shows have recorded properly because with the 9865 PVR, there is never any guarantee that it actually works properly! LOL! Thanks to Rogers, this function no longer is available on MyRogers!

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, I can appreciate the usefulness of scheduling recordings remotely. I have have a series of shows scheduled on Sunday night on CBS, beginning with 60 Minutes. However, if I'm out and 60 Minutes gets delayed because a stick-and-ball game runs long, everything gets messed up and I'd be missing shows unless I record everything on CBS out well past 11 pm.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm getting fed up now.

1. First the PVR app since the android updated to 5.0 lollipop doesn't work and it's been MONTHS.

Ie. - http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

Then now second they remove the option to schedule a PVR recording from logging into My Rogers.

Instead of going forwards with adancement it's going backwards. I now have no way to remotely access the pvr while out of town. When months ago I had 2. 

I'm a Trusted Contributor

OLDYELLR wrote:

Yes, I can appreciate the usefulness of scheduling recordings remotely. I have have a series of shows scheduled on Sunday night on CBS, beginning with 60 Minutes. However, if I'm out and 60 Minutes gets delayed because a stick-and-ball game runs long, everything gets messed up and I'd be missing shows unless I record everything on CBS out well past 11 pm.

OLDYELLER, I know it doesn't help you with 60 Minutes, but if it helps any,  starting at 8pm the same CBS shows (Madame Secretary etc.) are available on Global at their usual times.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I record 60 Minutes, The Good Wife and Battle Creek, not Madam Secretary (but I do when everything is delayed by a sports event). But if the CBS delay doesn't affect The Good Wife and Battle Creek on Global, maybe I should try recording those on Global instead. I never looked into it. Maybe the next generation of PVRs will be able to record programs when they actually air, even if they're delayed. Smiley Wink

I've Been Here Awhile

where is the ability to manage my PVR online?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its been discussed in a few other threads.

Appear with the update.. it either got MISSED or BROKEN Smiley Sad

Its not there right now...

Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello Community

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I’m sure many of you are frustrated going without this featureSmiley Sad

Rogers is aware of the issue and is working to resolve the problem.

As an interim solution, users with Smartphones/Tablets can use the Rogers Anyplace TV App Home Edtion(Ontario Only) to manage their PVR and Guide. Rogers customers in the Atlantic can download the Live TV tablet app from  their device’s app store For more information on how to manage your recordings via the Rogers Anyplace TV App, click here.

We are constantly upgrading our systems and tools for an improved, long term customer experience. These features will be available on desktop once the PVR enhancements are complete.

We apologize for the inconvenience and understand the frustration for users who currently don't have access to the Rogers Anyplace TV App Home Edition app. You won’t be able to access these functionalities elsewhere, besides your digital cable box for now.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

RogersAsif

I'm a Senior Advisor

And what is the interim solution for those who don't have/refuse to buy Apple products?

I have both a smartphone and a tablet, and can't use the app because Rogers doesn't make one for my equipment (Win8).

From what I've read, the Android version of the app doesn't work either.

What's the intirim solution for the rest of us?

I'm a Senior Advisor

I just tried that. First I downloaded Rogers Anyplace, which was not it. Then Rogers Anyplace TV App Home Edtion. However, I can't log in. I even Downloaded My Rogers, where I can log in, but that doesn't help. I have a LG-E410B PayGo phone.

This is what I see:

anyplace2.jpganyplace3.jpg

When I click the "Sign-in" it doesn't give me a place to sign in, just that error message.