cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my guide & manage my pvr missing

untouchable855
I Plan to Stick Around

Where is My Guide on new site.  I need this  I use it to set my pvr. im disabled and cant use remote

***Edited Labels***

486 REPLIES 486

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

So yesterday, I am checking out the Manage My PVR on Anyplace TV via our computer. It connected with the 8300 STB in the basement but not the NB3 in our bedroom. I try again this morning. Once again the Basement PVR shows up. This time however, instead of showing Master Bedroom PVR, we get PVR 296 which is listed at 101% capacity! HUH? We have never had a PVR 296 listed here at all! Went upstairs to check the box and it shows 45% capacity. I don't know if Rogers could explain this one! Despite the fact that the page has been moved from MyRogers to the Anyplace TV page and despite the fact that it took Rogers 6 months to make a simple switch, I find that nothing has changed whatsoever. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Even when it works there are these perpetual glitches that Rogers seems to feel that we should have to put with.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

This morning I'm again seeing PVR 1 (my 8300HD) and STB 2 (my 8300SD which isn't recognized as a PVR).

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Been away from the board for a while, but all the same issues the rest of you report - disappearing icon, won't connect, drops connection, doesn't match what is on the box or things recorded where I never set them up.  A daily routine now to look over everything and see what is to come, but sometimes, we look up and see a red light, wonder what is being recorded and find out later, we never set that up. It was set up on another channel but moved.  Maybe something in the options choices.  I keep experimenting.

We all get an A for patience and dealing with frustration and providing solutions.

Bruce

Francks
I've Been Around

My STB is not showing as available when I go to Rogers Anyplace TV. I can no longer manage my PVR settings because of this. Can you help?

Welcome the Community @Francks

Have you tried to perform a full reboot on the box by removing the power cable for 30 seconds?

Feel free to chime in CommunitySmiley Happy

RogersAsif

ozham
I Plan to Stick Around
4 days now no PVR control.Try to connect and it shows PVR A9E. This is not my PVR. Totally disillusioned with Rogers! What a bunch ofamateurs.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

I have an open ticket now, don't expect much - they claim they are working with it. They had a similiar issue with IE of any type and printing call details, but it is now fixed.  

I will say that I haven't been impressed with the level of testing and quality control of Rogers and its suppliers.

And yes it is frustrating for sure.

Bruce

please fix issues with manage pvr on website, it keeps saying STB not available

kso
I Plan to Stick Around
All my boxes say not available too.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I've watched this thread for the last couple of days and each time I checked, it worked for me and I saw both my boxes. However I have seen this problem before. Perhaps it's a signal issue. Run the diagostics on your PVRs to see if there's a weak signal.

BH-TW
I Plan to Stick Around

Tried to log into Rogers Anyplace TV just now - couldn't - experiencing difficulties. Tried again, success and the Manage My PVR Icon is up on the menu bar. Clicked the Icon, had to sign in again and...whoops...no Mange My PVR Icon so no way to actually manage my PVR  <sigh>

As has been said before, over 6 months of waiting for Rogers to move a useful part of their MyRogers to Rogers Anyplace, for what good reason no one can say, and it's the same functionality - when/if it works.

Cheers,

ozham
I Plan to Stick Around

Manage my PVR started to work again 9pm today on my cell phone using Android 4.0.

Still not functioning on my tablet android 5.0.

Hope this continues to work to provide relief  from  NAVIGATR.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have been using AnyPlace on my iPad and also the web-based Anyplace on my Mac Mini computer with Firefox since the reintroduction of AnyPlace on Septemeber 9th. Other than an occasional outage for a few hours, AnyPlace has been working fine for me since September 9th. 

For those people who are having issues with "Unavailable" STBs, etc, I suggest there is likely a signal issue at your home. The return signal from your STB is not working well. The STB needs to communicate with the node near your home or the Rogers Head End.  If the return signal is poor or not working properly, it usually also means that you may have difficulties with VOD and SDV channels.  You need to get that corrected for any of this functionality to work properly.  This may require a visit by a technician to correct the signal issue, which can be inside the home (say a poor splitter or cabling) or it can sometimes be a signal problem outside the home. Check with your neighbours to see if they are having return signal issues.

Signal issues can also cause frequent reboots. I've seen many reports of frequent reboots.  My 9865 PVR may reboot once every few months, but if you encounter frequent reboots, a signal issue is again a likely cause.  Check out the threads on AnyPlace, NextBox3/9865, Navigatr on the Digital Home website for additional information and assistance.

kso
I Plan to Stick Around

I was one of the ones getting "stb not available" on the manage my pvr. What I thought was odd was the non pvr was showing up as available. 

So I rebooted one of the pvr's, and poof it's available again on the manage pvr. I figure I'll reboot the other and see if it's 2 for 2. 

My pvr's don't reboot on their own unless a Rogers update makes it reboot. I have no signal issues, I checked with Rogers first. So I think what ever it is was something on Rogers side since so many people started having the same issue at the same time and to reconnect to the manage pvr server the boxes need a reboot.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@kso wrote:

I was one of the ones getting "stb not available" on the manage my pvr. What I thought was odd was the non pvr was showing up as available. 

So I rebooted one of the pvr's, and poof it's available again on the manage pvr. I figure I'll reboot the other and see if it's 2 for 2. 

My pvr's don't reboot on their own unless a Rogers update makes it reboot. I have no signal issues, I checked with Rogers first. So I think what ever it is was something on Rogers side since so many people started having the same issue at the same time and to reconnect to the manage pvr server the boxes need a reboot.

Interesting. I also remember seeing just a STB (my 8300SD, which isn't recognized as a PVR). I didn't do anything about it and next day my 8300HD was back. It doesn't reboot ovenight unless there's a power interruption.

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

I have been using AnyPlace on my iPad and also the web-based Anyplace on my Mac Mini computer with Firefox since the reintroduction of AnyPlace on Septemeber 9th. Other than an occasional outage for a few hours, AnyPlace has been working fine for me since September 9th. 

For those people who are having issues with "Unavailable" STBs, etc, I suggest there is likely a signal issue at your home. The return signal from your STB is not working well. The STB needs to communicate with the node near your home or the Rogers Head End.  If the return signal is poor or not working properly, it usually also means that you may have difficulties with VOD and SDV channels.  You need to get that corrected for any of this functionality to work properly.  This may require a visit by a technician to correct the signal issue, which can be inside the home (say a poor splitter or cabling) or it can sometimes be a signal problem outside the home. Check with your neighbours to see if they are having return signal issues.

Signal issues can also cause frequent reboots. I've seen many reports of frequent reboots.  My 9865 PVR may reboot once every few months, but if you encounter frequent reboots, a signal issue is again a likely cause.  Check out the threads on AnyPlace, NextBox3/9865, Navigatr on the Digital Home website for additional information and assistance.

While I agree that signal issues may cause issues, I can assure you that we do not have any signal issues. At one time we did. These issues were corrected when Rogers did an excavation and repaired faulty lines. Since then we have never had a signal issue - Internet or Cable. Yet at times, we still get messages saying our STB cannot connect. Just last week, we had PVR 296 show up at 101% capacity, even though we have no such PVR. It is not signal issues. This has everything to do with Rogers. They removed this feature. They took 6 months to bring it back. There is no improvement. It has the same glitches it always did. All I want as as customer of Rogers is for something to work and to work reliably!

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I can confirm that for me Manage PVR isn't working at present also.  It just shows the Guide and "STB not available".  I even rebooted my 8300HD to see if it made any difference and it didn't. Signal is good, Level: -3 dBmV, S/N: 36 dB.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks to @CommunityHelps Manage PVR is now working again. Rogers re-authenticated my digital boxes and refreshed my RAPTV profile.

untouchable855
I Plan to Stick Around

after rebooting box it worked for 8 hours. now its showing STB not available.

please fix this

Hi @untouchable855,

I am going to message you via @CommunityHelps. Please check your PM. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

lensman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@RogersHassam - Maybe you can PM me too, because for many hours today I have been trying to schedule recordings using MyPVR on the web and keep getting this error: COMMUNICATION ERROR: Your digital box is currently unavailable, please try again later (921).

I am so sick of Rogers.

Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!