my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

Oooh.. just had a thought.

In many ways, they NEED to be the same generally.. you need to have it tied.. so your anyplaceTV can see what your account has TV wise etc.

But almost need to add a 2nd layer of security for myrogers proper?

Add a 4 or 6 digit PIN number when trying to access the MYROGERS site?

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersStrick wrote:

Hi everyone,

We are making progress with the implementation of a solution and expect to be able to provide some good news about the manage my PVR link, by mid July.

Well, it is about mid-July! Are there any further updates?

boulevardier
I Plan to Stick Around

That's the idea Mr. Rockets , keep on top of them!
OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Just checked RogersonDemand.com. Don't see it. Will keep checking every day from now on.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
RogersStrick
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @JohhnyRockets, Thanks for keeping us in check 🙂 

We are continuing to make progress with the provision of a solution for the “manage my PVR” option.  We are focused on ensuring full functionality is returned and are currently involved in extensive testing. Based on current results and timeline we anticipate a launch within the next two months.

This remains a priority for us to fix, as we know this is an important feature for many customers, we apologize for the delay with its return.

Stay tuned for further updates.

JohhnyRockets

@RogersStrick

Thanks for the reply. Are you really serious though about it possibly taking another 2 months? Smiley Frustrated

robindp
I'm an Advisor

Guys, looks like a new guide is being rolled out starting on the 28th - for more information, visit https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/nextbox/9087

I hope the website will also be updated soon.
lensman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Thanks for that link. Some very nice and much needed changes there. Still would like to be able to have control over my guide and recordings via computer, though. Hopefully that will be introduced at the same time.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@robindp wrote:
Guys, looks like a new guide is being rolled out starting on the 28th - for more information, visit https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/nextbox/9087

I hope the website will also be updated soon.

As we now know, the Manage My PVR function, promised to be back by the middle of this month, is now indefinitely delayed.  However, we see this new Guide for the Nextboxes suddenly appear out of nowhere, scheduled for July 28th. I saw mention on another forum that this and the postponement of PVR Management might be connected. Let's hope it's not too closely connected, leaving the 8300HD unsupported.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
JohhnyRockets

I see that comments re: New Guide are not very positive over here: 

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-rogers-cable-tv-hd-pvr-discussion/243074-new-guide-coming-july-28...

Somehow, I gather that a lot of people do not have much confidence in Rogers.

The fact that the ability to manage our PVR online is now another 2 months away after being told that something would happen by mid-July is even greater cause for concern. To be honest, I do not even know what to say any more. How are you supposed to be positive when Rogers gives us so little to be positive about?