my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

From what I understand, the link is moving from MyRogers to RogersonDemand.com, so that does introduce a layer of complexity to the process... It's not as simple as putting up a link...

What was frustrating was the lack of info, but that is also being addressed as of recently...
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Lurker wrote:
From what I understand, the link is moving from MyRogers to RogersonDemand.com, so that does introduce a layer of complexity to the process... It's not as simple as putting up a link...

What was frustrating was the lack of info, but that is also being addressed as of recently...

A link on one site should be no different than placing the same link on another site! They had the link; it worked (for the most part); putting it somewhere else should make no difference!

While the lack of info was frustrating, what was even more frustrating is that they revamped MyRogers and removed features that customers used and liked. I do not understand and never will understand Rogers when they bring in something new but remove features like the ability to manage your PVR. Why revamp something that is not fully ready to be revamped? Change for the sake of change is not always good, especially when they take things away! 

IMHO, this has taken far too long to resolve and who knows what we will hear from Rogers come mid-July! Will it be ready or won't it? Your guess is as good as mine!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have to agree with Lurker.. there is likely MUCH MORE to it than just a LINK.

Heck, even look at the SITE here.. where the SIGN IN doesnt work 100% correctly.  

The myrogers username/sign in ties with multiple systems... and integration/authentication is obviously an issue.. that its not a simple 'here it is'... i would almost guarantee there is an issue with authentication with it just like the forums are right now.

Not saying it not a total pain.. it should be fixed ASAP.

But comming from a partial programming background.. i totally understand how a fix can turn into weeks or more of tracking down one simple bug and how to fix it.

I Plan to Stick Around

This is the best news I've received all week.

Thank you Rogers !

@Gdkitty wrote:

I have to agree with Lurker.. there is likely MUCH MORE to it than just a LINK.

Heck, even look at the SITE here.. where the SIGN IN doesnt work 100% correctly.  

The myrogers username/sign in ties with multiple systems... and integration/authentication is obviously an issue.. that its not a simple 'here it is'... i would almost guarantee there is an issue with authentication with it just like the forums are right now.

Not saying it not a total pain.. it should be fixed ASAP.

But comming from a partial programming background.. i totally understand how a fix can turn into weeks or more of tracking down one simple bug and how to fix it.

OK - I will give you that and agree with your comments re: programming and how long a fix may take to intitiate.

On the the other hand, why does Rogers have to intitiate a change when obviously all of the bugs have not been ironed out so to speak? They do this time and time again - intitiate a change without making sure that everything works correctly. Then, it is us customers who have to put up with poorly thought out changes which have a negative impact on how we use our service. You are correct about the log-in too - you cannot even log-in directly to this forum any more. 

The bottom line is that the ability to manage our PVR was working on the old MyRogers page. There is not even a need to move it to a different page. My guess is that far more customers use the MyRogers page than the Anyplace TV page. It only makes sense - you access all of your services, view your usage data for both wireless and Internet and of course view your bill. I have no use for Anyplace TV, but now all of a sudden I will have to access that page in order to program my PVR. Change is only good if it offers customers an improvement on the status quo. There is nothing in the revamped MyRogers which offers me an improvement. I can do without out the fancy graph which shows my Internet usage and I can certainly do without the mexican jumping beans jumping up and down on my page as the Website struggles to load. I can definitely do without Rogers revamping a Webpage before they have thought everthing out! And I can do without Rogers removing a service that I use and taking months to give it back!

So Rogers, if you are listening - when you restore the ability to mange our PVR - please put it back on MyRogers!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think you actually hit one of the reasons WHY it is being removed myrogers..

In the past, it always required you to go THROUGH Myrogers to use it.  Even trying the direct link that was on the page, would bring you to a login page, the right back to the main myrogers.. then had to go to the TV section, etc.

The logins.. work across.. EVERYTHING..

While obviously seperating them wont remove the ability of someone then loging into myrogers if they have the login info..
It helps seperating to make things easier to let OTHERS potentially use the one portion, without throwing them into myrogers.

You could let a kid have access to do the PVR management, giving them the link to the seperated service, etc... WITHOUT throwing them into MYROGERS where they do have access to make CHANGES to things (add on a service, etc).

All that being said.. they could make it, its OWN thing (rather than tied with the anyplaceTV)

@Gdkitty wrote:

In the past, it always required you to go THROUGH Myrogers to use it.  Even trying the direct link that was on the page, would bring you to a login page, the right back to the main myrogers.. then had to go to the TV section, etc.

That is not true. I never had to log into MyRogers more than once. I then clicked on the TV section, then clicked on "Manage My PVR" and I was good to go! It always took me straight to the Guide and the ability to manage my PVR.

The logins.. work across.. EVERYTHING..

That is not true either. If I log into MyRogers and then click on the link to log into Anyplace TV, it shows that I am not logged in. I have to log in separately for Anyplace TV, even though it is the same user name and password. And like you said, the only way I can log into this forum is to log into MyRogers and then click on the link to Community Forums whereas before, I could log in directly. Sorry, but you are fighting a losing battle on those points!

The bottom line still is that the ability to manage your PVR should be a part of MyRogers!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets, @Gdkitty, the logins to the Community and MyRogers for account management have been seperate and independent and maybe still are. I could be active in the Forum and open a new tab for MyRogers and have to log in again. Seems that has changed now, but I had to log in twice just now to get in the Forum. But it's still in a state of flux.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JohhnyRockets

I think you may have miss understood what i was trying to say. (on both parts, and @OLDYELLR on my 2nd part)

Yes, you didnt have to log in twice regularily.  What i was saying.. is that you always had to log into MYROGERS first, then in.
You could copy the link URL that was inside of myrogers, say, and save it as a bookmark.  One would HOPE that would allow you to then just take you to the guide, log in, and continue on.   But doing so at the time, if you did that, it would take you to a login page, then back to myrogers, then on the link to manage TV.
There was no direct shortcut... you had to go through MYROGERS.

And that brought me to my 2nd point.

I was not trying to say that it auto loged it into the different services.  Sorry if thats what it sounded like.

What i was trying to say, is that its the same LOGIN (user/password) for both services... the forums, the myrogers, anyplace, security system, shomi, etc.. all share the same login/password.

Some households, this is something that may be shared.  Shared amongst say adults and childern who may be allowed to watch anyplace/shomi on portable devices or computers.

Something like the manage PVR option may be something that would be something that a household would want to let someone have access to, to change tv things... but you wouldnt want them to necessarily have access through MYROGERS where they could change / add on things.
(yes, if the person has the login, and knows where to log into myrogers, they could then do that anyways... but out of sight/out of mind.. less likely to, if they are NOT going through there to access it)

Thats what i was trying to say.. seperating the manage OUT of MYROGERS does make sense to me.
Weither it shoudl be in the anyplaceTV, is another story.

Unless its a completely seperate SELF login (say like the security system login page)... its really still a two step to access it.. its just via A or B then i guess.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Gdkitty wrote:

Something like the manage PVR option may be something that would be something that a household would want to let someone have access to, to change tv things... but you wouldnt want them to necessarily have access through MYROGERS where they could change / add on things.

That's a very good point. Everybody in a household ought to be able to manage the PVR(s), but only one or 2 people would normally have access to the Rogers account, so making that seperate from MyRogers sounds like good idea.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario