my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

I would further request that if (when!) they bring it back that it comes back "New and Improved". It really was a clunky thing to use but even that was better to use than the present Guide and PVR controls on the cable box itself.

I'm a Senior Advisor

On my 1.70 GHz laptop, even with a 4 GB memory upgrade, managing my PVR was a bit slow compared to doing it on the TV. I'd venture to say if it comes back "new and improved" it will need more resources and be even slower.  But one improvement I would like is being able to jump to a channel directly instead of scrolling through 500 chaqnnels  and waiting for the display to refresh.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

Great suggestion: @OLDYELLR
I Plan to Stick Around

I thought it let you scroll to a multiple of 50.
50, 100, 150,,,, etc
This was great feature on web version but not on mobile.
Signature goes here
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@silentbob

I believe you are correct. It has been so long now since I have been able to view the guide on MyRogers that I am having a little difficulty remembering it. Smiley Wink If I am correct though, the channel numbers appeared on the right side in multiples of 50 as you said and if you wanted say channel 282, you would just click on 300 and then scroll down a bit from there. Also I believe there were features that would allow you to quickly get to the time you wanted to view as well as the day. It was also much easier to do a search than on on the PVR itself where you have that ackward box of letters that you had to scroll through one letter at a time. All in all, as suggested by @lensman, it was a much better experience than using the box itself.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I think you're right, @silentbob, and @JohhnyRockets.  I never used the PVR manager with my computers much because they're a lot older and slower than my TV and PVR. Each time I scrolled down I'd have to wait for the screen to refresh. With my SA8300HD PVR the Guide shows 5 channels and I can page down 5 at a time or punch in a channel number and browse from there.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Retired Moderator RogersAsif
Retired Moderator

Hello Community!

Update: We will be adding the Manage My PVR feature to the Rogers Anyplace TV website. The Rogers Anyplace TV website - http://www.rogersondemand.com/ - is available to any cable customer with a browser on a laptop or desktop.

This feature will no longer be available on Rogers.com but will be available on the Rogers Anyplace TV website instead.

Due to technical issues the links have not been deployed yet.

We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this issue, and understand the frustration for those who have gone without this feature.

Stay tuned for more updates!

RogersAsif

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

thanks for the update @RogersAsif

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersAsif

I too am very appreciative that you have provided an update as I have been clamouring for an update for a few weeks now! Smiley Wink

I am curious though as to why this feature will now be part of the Rogers Anyplace TV website as opposed to MyRogers.

I would also hope that you or someone else from Rogers will let us know when the Manage My PVR feature will once again be available!

Thank you!

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes appreciate the news.

I forgot to set my recording for the Mens Tennis (Djokavic & Nadal!) recently and then left home.

Thankfully this was available live streaming,  on-demand so watched it live, remotely.

Looking forward to the site update though.

Signature goes here