cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my guide & manage my pvr missing

untouchable855
I Plan to Stick Around

Where is My Guide on new site.  I need this  I use it to set my pvr. im disabled and cant use remote

***Edited Labels***

486 REPLIES 486

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

lensman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@shan-man and @stevehut - It doesn't matter what tablet or browser you are using - you will always be directed to download the app. An app, by the way, that does NOT work in Android with Lollipop.

stevehut
I Plan to Stick Around

Once again, while you will be redirected to download the app, using the "request desktop site" feature when that happens in safari WILL work on an iPad. 

Simply tap and hold the refresh button and select "reuqest desktop site". 

lensman

@stevehut - Thanks, and I can once again confirm this does NOT work on an Android device. Keep getting sent in an endless loop requesting user to sign in....

stevehut
I Plan to Stick Around
Ok. Works on iPad tablets but doesn't work on android.

kso
I Plan to Stick Around

I have an Android lollipop  device and once i request desktop  the manage pvr from web works.

It's the app does not and takes you in a login loop.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

So that means that any tablet or phone capable of real web browsing ought to be able access Manage PVR on Rogers Anyplace TV on the web, provided there is a mechanism to tell it not to be a little phone or tablet that needs an app.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

lensman

In theory, yes, @OLDYELLR, however with my Android tablet trying to work around it simply does not work. As I mentioned you keep getting sent into an endless loop of being asked to log in.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@kso said he "requests desktop" but I have no idea how to do that. I have two Android devices, an LG cellphone and a Kobo Vox ereader tablet. The cellphone is an older Android version, but when I try to use the app, I get stuck at the Rogers login because the box to enter my password is obscured. (The tablet is an even older version of Android and logs me in, but its processor is so old and slow that it's just about impossible to navigate the grid.)

stevehut
I Plan to Stick Around

I gave instructions for request desktop site for iOS devices. 

I'm sure android has an equivalent feature. 

lensman

@OLDYELLR @stevehut- Oldyellr, I don't have my tablet in front of me but as I recall on the website at the very top right there are three vertical dots. Click (or right click?) on them and you have the option to "open in browser" or something like that. Let me know if it works for you because it didn't for me.

stevehut
I Plan to Stick Around

iPad or iPhone is what I was referring to. I was talking about clicking and holding on the refresh button at the top of the screen, not the page. 

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Okay, I finally got the app on my LG phone (Android 4.1.2) to work. As I said earlier, the password field was obscured, but I got to it by clicking Next after my username and entering my password even though I couldn't see that field, then clicking Done. Here are some screen shots. As you can see, the grid on this low end phone (It came in a tin lunchbox intended for kids Smiley LOL ) is not great, but I did manage to schedule a recording.

rogers.jpglogin2.jpggrid.jpg

lensman

Yes @OLDYELLR but it only works because you are using Android Jellybean. The app does not work on the newer Lollipop o/s. Which is why I was trying to use a browser to access it on my tablet. And that will not work. Because that's what Rogers wants. Thanks Rogers.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Wow, I though Jellybean was one of the newer versions. My phone does not say "Jellybean", just 4.1.2. I'll have to be sure not to ask it to update the OS if that's possible. Learn something new every day. (Had to check Wikipedia for that.)

ozham
I Plan to Stick Around

I have managed to access PVR control on my Android tablet that has Lollipop  software installed.

I logged onto PVR control on my PC computer and then sent the URL of the web page to my tablet via an email. It worked!

Bullitt
I Plan to Stick Around
@lensman: What tablet are you using? I am using a Nexus 10 running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. I open my browser (Chrome) and go to rogersondemand.com/Live/Pvr. The tab that opens will say "www.rogersondemand.com/Mobile" and prompt you to download the app. IGNORE THIS. Using the drop down menu at top right select "Request desktop site". Wait for screen to refresh. Select sign in at top. You should be able to enter your user name and password here. Check "Keep me signed in" and click "Sign In" (I just tried this now after first signing out and go a message "We seem to be experiencing some difficulties" but the top bar shows me signed in anyways, so I ignored the message. You can select "MANAGE PVR" now. A new tab will open with the download app request again. IGNORE THIS. Select request desktop site again from the top right drop down menu. When the screen refreshes you will be at the TV Guide page, and you can manage your Pvr from the drop down menu at the top left.

lensman

@Bullitt wrote:
 "What tablet are you using? I am using a Nexus 10 running Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. I open my browser (Chrome) ...."

Using a Galaxy Tab 4 10.1" running Lollipop. In the past I have done exactly as you indicated but MAY not have checked off "keep me signed in". All I ever got was a constant re-direct to sign in again and again. I will give this another try later. Thanks.

ozham
I Plan to Stick Around

I have just tried this procedure and it worked for me. When you are in the manage pvr page save the URL to your bookmarks. When you select the bookmark for the page it takes you to the program page where you can select manage PVR. My tablet is a Samsung Tab S on lollipop  software releae.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Bookmark the Rogers Anyplace TV page that has "MANAGE PVR" on it, not the actual grid when it opens up. If you do that, it will work at first, but not later.

lensman

@Bullitt - I got your method to work. Just have to be persistent with hitting that "Request Desktop Site" link or you keep getting prompted for sign in.

mojoscot2
I Plan to Stick Around

After using this again since it came back, tried to log on today and guess what - it's gone.  The Manage PVR shows when I enter ROD, then when I sign in it disappears and tells me it is no longer available.  Anyone else having same problem?