my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

@RichardF:

For most people (like me) the updates occur when the PVR is off, usually around 2AM. 

For some people, the updates occur around 2AM, even if the PVR is on and you're watching.  If you're up around the time of the update, the workaround to avoid the update at that time is to set a daily recording (say of one of the Stingray music channels since it takes little space on the hard drive). If the unit is recording, the update usually waits until the recording is over.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hmmm.   I'm pretty sure there have been many exceptions to what you say in the past.  But you may be right currently, though I don't think so.   I'm fairly sure that the last reboot which was around 8 pm one night last week we would have been recording at the same time.   I'll start a little log of future  occurrences so as to be sure.

thanks for informed comments, it's great to actually get a response!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RichardF:

It's certainly possible that you had a reboot at 8PM (for whatever reason).  The regular IPG updates occur at 2AM though.  We're a bit off-topic for this thread though.  I believe the reboot issue is discussed by some people in the Navigatr threads.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks.   I'll dial out from this thread, and check on Navigtr.

Also may look for / start a thread on the UI design of both the iPad and web Apps.   Its quite frustrating that neither is perfect each having features the other lacks!

Thanks for all the help.

Now we return you to regularly scheduled programming Smiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RichardF:

Check out the following thread I started on IPG inconsistencies:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/thread-...

I did get a response (explanation) from Rogers regarding some of the issues in the following post:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

I've Been Here Awhile

THank you for the reply.

I am able to watch On Demand from this box.

From within any place TV, it says STB not available.

Is there any way to see the signal strength on this box?  I guess I'll bite the bullet and phone Rogers eventualy....was hoping to avoid this.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lillypad_33

For 9865 (NextBox 3.0) & 8642 (NB2.0) & 4642 with latest firmware using the remote:
1) Press and hold the Exit key for two seconds until the power LED flashes on the front panel of the PVR
2) In quick succession, press the down arrow button twice, then press the 2 button. This will get you into the diagnostics section where you can browse all kinds of information.

The signal strength  should be between -10 and +10, with zero being about optimum.   The S/N ratio is good if it’s at about 35 dB or higher, although a good HD signal can be received with slightly lower numbers. If your S/N is around 30-32 (or less) though, that could be a source of problems.  Press Exit to Exit.

I'm Here A Lot

Today I can't MANAGE PVR from the ROGERSONDEMAND website and on the ROGERS ANYPLACE TV HOME EDITION MOBILE APP. When I login the MANAGE PVR disappears. If I logout it comes back but when I try login in by clicking MANAGE PVR it says their having technical difficulties and on the HOME EDITION APP it says my username or password is incorrect.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JDLEGEND:

Yeah, there seems to be an issue with AnyPlace on the web.  Give it a few hours. With it being the weekend, it may take until Monday to fix - depends.

I tried RAPTV on my iPad and it's working fine for me.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JDLEGEND

I tried today and AnyPlace on the Web is still not working.

Edit - I just tried AnyPlace on the web again and it is working at 12:15 EST. I guess Rogers might be reading these comments...?

I then tried RAPTV on my iPad - at first it wasn't connecting, but it is working on my second attempt a few minutes later.  Here are some tips I developed, but they don't work if it's "down".

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...