my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

where did it go?

Sans titre.png

tried in chrome, internet explorer and firefox with deleted cache/cookies button is there when Im not logged in once I login its gone

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@untouchable855 Did you read post 390?  I had the same issue earlier today, but it worked fine just now (11:25PM).

Usually if you try a few hours later, or the next day, things have recovered and it works fine.  Also, try not to use it at peak times like lunchtime or prime time.

I Plan to Stick Around

the watch on tv option feature wont work again just says Remote Control Error: (1111) worked fine yesterday why not fix it right so it wont keep happening

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One thing to that part.. is the SITE may be working fine.

One thing to consider, is that for RoD to work, its more than just regular TV where you are connecting and just receiving a signal.  It requires 2way communication.  Especially for something like this, where its trying to send commands from there to the box.

If for whatever reason, the signal is not good to that box, could cause issues.

This could be just to that TV, to the house as a whole, etc.

this is not saying its YOUR fault or did anything.  This can happen from rogers infrastructure issues.. to just simple connectors/splitters failing over time.

Getting a tech out to check/tweek signal might help rectifiy the issue.

I Plan to Stick Around

Whats with the missing desktop web page to manage PVR

My apologies if this turns into a bit of a rant.   But I have the distinct impression that Rogers either hasnt a clue what its doing or does not care about its TV customers.   There is a litany of connected issues relating to the PVR.  The list is quite long and probably familiar to everyone.  So I will just list them briefly in point form and not go into detail.  

I'm not expecting any solutions here, what I am interested in is if anyone has any insight into why Rogers gives these issues such low prioirty.  There is obviously a lack of management combined with a breathtaking level of technical incompetence.   One can only assume that Rogers senior management does not actually use this stuff themselves.   Its pretty obvious that they dont test stuff.

- the link to manage PVR is gone AGAIN from the web site.  It was missing for ages over the last year or two; came back for a while and now its gone again

- poor design & incomplete functionality of the mobile Apps UI

- incessant downloading of software upgrades to the PVR while watching programs

- (last fall) very late update for iOS9 iPad Air2, frequent crashes

- apalling "design" of the new Navigatr UI on the PVR which is MUCH harder to use than the old

- mobile App often cannot access the PVR

- even the name  "Anyplace TV Home Edition" isnt exactly the slickest marketing name, nor the clearest (Ok thats maybe a lesser issue)

There's more but that will do for now.

And the killer is, that I wrote letters last November to both Bob Berner and Jamie Williams about this stuff and have had NO REPLY.   There are a couple of open tickets that go back to last summer / fall on some of these issues.   I had to write both of them as it wasnt at all clear from the web site which of them is responsible for this stuff.   Perhaps thats a clue!   The next letter is going to Alan Horn and Guy Lawrence by recorded delivery.   Its probably another clue that there are no email addresses for the management team on the web site, hence the recourse to snail mail.

I cant tell if they are just incompetent, or they just dont dont care.   Any thoughts any one?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@RichardF wrote:

- the link to manage PVR is gone AGAIN from the web site.  It was missing for ages over the last year or two; came back for a while and now its gone again

I cant tell if they are just incompetent, or they just dont dont care.   Any thoughts any one?

No it isn't gone.  It's at rogersondemand.com.  If the 'Manage PVR' icon doesn't appear, then logout and login again with your MyRogers credentials.

Its been at rogersondemand.com for about a year now.

I Plan to Stick Around

Many thanks!   Wondering how I was supposed to know that, but any way thats good.

so of course i just tried it.   This was the result:

https://gyazo.com/3d5bc25d2bec27096a5382f1cb7df0e6

i was using Firedox on my desktop (Win 7 64 bit)  via Logmein (which shouldnt matter)    i did have to log out an back in to get a manage pvr icon.

I Plan to Stick Around

Its gone again!!!  On http://www.rogersondemand.com/  page ...

https://gyazo.com/2c13661b8cad4a5c410f0fbe5edda8da

It really beggars belief how Rogers cant manage a simple thing like this.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just tried mine and it's working fine.  Maybe log out and in again?

I Plan to Stick Around

Wow, indeed that worked. Weird.
Perhaps they do maintenance in the middle of the day ....
Thanks for the tip off.