my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

I have, in the past, deleted and added recordings using either the rogers on demand online app or the mobile app. I am now able to log in to both, select recordings and press "delete". The recordings say they are deleted but when I log back into the app, these recordings are still there and the PVR is filling up. 

This issue has been ongoing for the last week, as there are recordings I've "deleted" multiple times but are still showing up.

I am on vacation and not at home so I am currently unable to access my PVR directly.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

We head to Florida in a week and a half and can only hope and pray that this feature will work so that we can schedule some shows to watch when we get back. On second thought, we have a great selection of channels in the house we rent, so perhaps we should just watch them all down there - especially Walking Dead which will premiere on February 14, 2016. Heck, we are liable to come back from Florida in March and find that we have been infected with Navigatr and that all of our recordings have been totally wiped out!

I'm a Senior Advisor

Do I catch a sense of cynicism?  Do you lack confidence that they will get the implementation of Navigtr while you are away? Do you lack confidence that you can consistently access the guide or manage your PVR?

I can't see why?  They have listened to our feedback and are shortly rolling out changes that will improved our viewing experience, yet they also don't tell us exactly every thing they changed, and what they have not changed based upon our feedback?

I think we have all heard this before.  They seem to have forgotten that reliably, well designed, well implemented services are the key components in customer satisfaction - not whether they listen to concerns and complaints.  The key is, if you get it right the first time, communicate fully and correctly the first time, we then are very happy and pleased.

Enjoy your vacation.  Bruce

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@BS

While there might be a bit of cynicism, there is also a whole lot of disappointment. First of all was the revamping of MyRogers (not a good move in my opinion) and the removal of the "my guide & manage my pvr" feature. Six months later, we get it back in the Rogers Anyplace TV site, but yet, nothing has changed! It is still the same hit and miss feature that it was before. Then, throw in the fact that it took Rogers months and months to get this feature working with the latest Android version and now that it works with Android 5.0, I hear there are major issues with iOS9. Sorry, but it is simply unbelievable to me that a company like Rogers seems to be run by the seat of their pants. Do you wonder why we might go away for 7 weeks and have no clue what to expect our PVR to be like when we return? Thanks for your best wishes on our vacation though!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets  The comment on cynicism is my own cynicism on everything you have said, and my disappointement is as strong as your own.

I am going through a mental struggle at the moment trying to wrap my head around why I am staying.

I agree with everything you have said, and I was just also being a bit sarcastic just to try to put some levity into the whole thing.

You absolutely right, the whole situation should be a major embarrasment, but somehow, they have learned how to get us to keep paying more money for poorer services, even as they keep loosing customers, more people buy expensive phones, move to grossly overpriced plans with little useful value added (not to insult those that feel that the value added is worth it, my issue is the removal of choice).

I think some of the issues for me is that as have dealt with them, I have worked personally with some wonderful staff who do cartwheels to help me (my experience), while everyone seems to be helpless to deal with the incompentance of the company to implement anything right whether it be a plan change, technological and hardware implementations, other than to say sorry, but I have had some employees that have come right out and said it is unacceptable, that they totally agree and refuse to give out the token marketing phrases, they have given a sincere sorry to me for their inability to do anything for me, accept to offer to send me to another level, to open a ticket, or all those other steps that eventually just reach a cliff where we either just stand there, walk back, and come back again, or drop off and leave.

I have also had some very good "loyalty deals" that I have never asked for, never threatened to leave to get them, it has been an honest effort on a CSR person when I called in about a small error or clarification on a bill or my services, and they did an honest review, and in some cases, said, nothing I can offer that would ever be better than what you have now, or they came out and total of value added services, which may involve increases in price, but often offered a loyalty discount, again not asked for, that partly or fully covered the increased costs, with the knowledge that at the end of the period, I may need to consider some changes, but in the past, they always had something that met my needs and kept pricing similiar, or even guided me to downgrade on services, that I didn't really use.

This current mess is something that the lower level staff really have no ability to deal with.  For a long time I was informed that teams met every monday to discuss issues common across the team and they problems solved and moved them up and often I would see practices change in response to some of my concerns.

They have themself backed up against a wall at the moment.  There are huge examples of total disregard of customer wishes, they say they listen, then we get nothing that we thought we would be getting. I personally have never been contacted to ask about changes I may suggest to the services, and in the past, I would agree that they did listen and respond with excellent services, and good customer support, and even hired a new CEO to change it all up.

But that CEO seems to have dropped the ball, that no how polite your front line people are, if you do not give them the authority to deal directly with customer concerns in a timely manner, that you are forcing them into a position, of I stay and put with it, I stay and give up, I stay and keep complaining, I tell the world, or I walk and tell the world while I am it.

If we look through all the threads, a forum that is supposed to be a place for support amongst our experiences, has turned into a place that leaves us with  little thing except to keep count of the days, weeks, months, years that something is not being responded to, or is responded to poorly, and you get threads like this one that goes on and on for the whole time (we are entering our 6th month now, with nothing but learning that the only solution to many problems is a system reset, wiping all our recordings, that there is a new font coming and contrast, some suggestion of sorting of recorded versus scheduled views to make the use of the PVR less clicks, quicker, etc, while many of the issues that have been raised will remain there with an attitude of "change is difficult", when we are saying, we are ok with change, just not deteriation in the services we pay very good money for, and if you really do listen to us, then make a list of all the things we have asked for, and say what you did to fix it, or tell us that you "truly" will take care of it with a realistic time line (not we are committed to continuing to hear your feedback and to improve your experience).  and finally, if you don't plan to change it because you decided not to (it is not the direction you are taking us, or the suppliers are taking you and us).  If you don't do that, then this thread will start under a new title.

The good and the bad of Navigtr version 2.

If you don't respond to the concerns that we raised in this long thread, without at least explanations of what your plans are, addressing every single concern (you must have a list by now and some of us have given the list) you are going to get it back ten times worse, since you strongly suggest that you are going forward province wide.

So we continue on with our march forward.

I need to walk away for another week, I will waith until the rollout comes to me (no email yet), as I am getting way to worked up again, and none of this is taking me anywhere, except to get angry, and my wife now hates the box, and every time that I mention the word Rogers.

Take care, Bruce

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I use the manage pvr online from my laptop and love it. It has disappeared???? It was one of the best ideas Rogers ever had. Please bring it back

Steve
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@remaxman - Steve, go to rogersondemand.com. Right hand icon near top. Be aware, though, that even that disappears sometimes then magically reappears!

I'm a Senior Advisor

@remaxman wrote:

I use the manage pvr online from my laptop and love it. It has disappeared???? It was one of the best ideas Rogers ever had. Please bring it back

Working for me this morning, but it was gone a couple of days ago. If there's one thing that's consistent with the Rogers site, it's the inconsistency.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

The STB not available on Rogersondemand.com manage pvr issue is back.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That's probably because the iPad and iPhone apps were updated on Monday and people have been trying things out, overloading Rogers' system. All should be OK again in a couple of days when the volume returns to normal.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.