cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my guide & manage my pvr missing

untouchable855
I Plan to Stick Around

Where is My Guide on new site.  I need this  I use it to set my pvr. im disabled and cant use remote

***Edited Labels***

486 REPLIES 486

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

gregneff
I Plan to Stick Around

@OLDYELLR wrote:

So how is Manage PVR working for everybody, or is nobody using it after all the fuss?

It worked for me the first couple of days, just checking it out and setting a recording, but it hadn't worked since. Each time I clicked the red Manage PVR tab, it just returned to the same page showing My Channels.  This morning I clicked "don't see your channels, click here" and it refreshed. I then clicked the red tab again and the Guide appeared in the next Firefox  tab. Just thought I'd throw that in in case anyone else is having trouble.

I'm having the same issue, except that it is somewhat intermittent.  This morning it's working fine.  Last evening I found that most times the link would take me to My Channels, but once in a while it would take me to Manage PVR. 

Maybe this is something like when the website gets stuck in the "loading your services" loop when trying to sign in from the community forums page.  I'm using Firefox in Win 7 pro, if that makes any difference.

lensman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@gregneff wrote "Maybe this is something like when the website gets stuck in the "loading your services" loop when trying to sign in from the community forums page.  I'm using Firefox in Win 7 pro, if that makes any difference."

I had noticed this a week or more ago as well. Also using Firefox in Win 7. Very annoying. Now have to open another tab, log in to Rogers, then go back to original tab and can then reply to a comment.

boulevardier
I Plan to Stick Around

OLDYELLR JOHNNY-ROCKETS and others: Thanks for your powerful support for getting this feature back. I'm using it every day and I'm urging all my buddies to use it.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Just because the Manage PVR web app was finally brought back, does not mean that cutomers should not keep after Rogers to fix or remove Navigatr.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@boulevardier wrote:

OLDYELLR JOHNNY-ROCKETS and others: Thanks for your powerful support for getting this feature back. I'm using it every day and I'm urging all my buddies to use it.

Not sure if I can take any credit. I know I was very disappointed when this feature was removed and I am a happy camper now that it is back. It still boggles my mind why it took almost 6 months to restore a feature that is no different than it was before. Thank you for your kind words though @boulevardier. Also, @OLDYELLR is 100% correct that Navigatr still needs to be fixed or removed, but at least with on-line access to "Manage My PVR", customers now have another option!

stevehut
I Plan to Stick Around
I have a pvr that can record 8 shows at once and the manage pvr web site still tells me (falsely) that I can only record 2 shows at once. Puzzling.

I think thats just a static text warning.. its been there since before the NB3 came out.

I dont think i have tested myself, but i do recall someone on here saying they did, and it allowed them to ok.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, I think the Manage PVR grid is from before Nextbox and is based on the SARA model and hasn't been changed since it was resurrected.

For instance, I have several series scheduled on my 8300HD which are presently still on hiatus and there are other shows in those time slots. My PVR won't record those other shows instead, but when I go to the Manage PVR grid, I see those shows with red series dots, as if they're scheduled to record. That was a bit confusing at first.

Bullitt
I Plan to Stick Around
@roxandtreez wrote "Can anyone else with Android 5 confirm that they get the same result or tell me how to work around it?"

I just figured out how to get the Manage my PVR app working on my tablet (Nexus 10 with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop). Go to rogersondemand.com in a browser window (I used Chrome). It will bring up a screen telling you to download the app. From the drop down menu at the top right (3 dots) check "Request desktop site". The page will refresh with the desktop site. Sign in now if necessary. Select "Manage PVR" from menu on red banner. A new window will open, again telling you to download the app. From the drop down menu at the top right (3 dots) check "Request desktop site". The page will refresh with the current guide showing. Manage My PVR is now available from the drop down menu at the top left of the guide.

Bullitt
I Plan to Stick Around
@OLDYELLR wrote in answer to User2014:That's because the Manage PVR grid updates in real time, while the Guide on your TV gets updated once a night.

I was just trying out Manage my PVR from my tablet and noticed that scheduled series recordings for next Thursday (last date for guide) were listed as "Manual Recordings". I then went to Thursday in the guide to set up recording for the new series Heroes Reborn. Going back to the scheduled list, I see that this series and the others that were scheduled for that day now show their proper titles, so this action caused the "refresh" of the list, rather than waiting for a guide refresh at midnight.

lensman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Bullitt wrote"I just figured out how to get the Manage my PVR app working on my tablet (Nexus 10 with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop)...."

I was so hopeful this was going to work, but I just keep getting sent on an endless loop to enter username and password...

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Bullitt when I scheduled the Singapore Grand Prix last Sunday evening using the search (*) function, the Sunday race came up as a manual recording on my PVR.  I think the search and Manage PVR app update sooner than the guide on my PVR. The next day I rescheduled the race using the guide so I know what it is and deleted the manual recording scheduled.

JohhnyRockets

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread to post on, but I have noticed another issue since this feature has been moved to RAPTV. I have 2 PVRs - a NB3 and an 8300 HDPVR. When I log into RAPTV and go to Manage PVR, the only PVR that shows up correctly is the NB3. The 8300 provides the following message: STB not available. Does anyone else have the same issue? I can still view all of my recorded and scheduled programs directly from the 8300 set top box - just not from RAPTV. 

I did reboot the 8300 but still get the same message. I also tried on 3 different browsers and still got the same message. The only conclusion then is that this is an issue on Rogers end. To be honest, I am still having a hard time understanding why this Manage PVR was moved from MyRogers to RAPTV without any changes whatsoever. It took 6 months to move a link from one page to another page and now I cannot even view the recorded and scheduled show on both of my PVRs. Has Rogers now removed the ability to Manage your PVR for the older 8300 models?

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets, I have an SA8300HD and an SA8300SD. On Manage PVR the HD comes up as "PVR 1" and the SD as "STB 2". The SD can't be controlled remotely. What do you have in the dropdown in the top left of the grid?

When we originally had the old Manage PVR feature, one PVR showed as "PVR HD" and the other as "PVR Purchased" but they were backwards and when I tried to explain it to Rogers, the rep didn't really understand or know how to fix it. It didn't matter to me because I knew which was which. I couldn't control the 8300SD back then either. I don't even know if there is anything on My Rogers that says what boxes I have.

What I would do is call Rogers to get this straightened out and hope you get someone who knows what they're doing.

Hello @JohhnyRockets and @Lurker,

I had escalated the issue you described last week to the appropriate team and they require further information. I am going to PM you both through @CommunityHelps to obtain more information. Keep an eye out on your inbox. 

Thanks,

RogersHassam 

JohhnyRockets

@RogersHassam and @OLDYELLR

The issue I spoke of yesterday with the 8300 PVR not showing up on Manage PVR from RAPTV has either been fixed or corrected itself. I am able to see it this morning. Thanks to both of you for your comments and help. 

Hello @JohhnyRockets,

Thanks for sharing, I am glad the issue is resolved for you! @Lurker, are you still having the issue? Please let us know.

Thanks 🙂

RogersHassam 

JohhnyRockets

@RogersHassam

Yes, the issue that I reported yesterday seems to have self-corrected. Neither of our PVRs are showing up as "unavailable" anymore. However, the same issue that I reported 2 weeks ago and confirmed by @Lurker does still exist. To recap again:

With respect to the top left dropdown menu, I see all 3 of our boxes (one of them is not a PVR so I did not mention it in the previous post). I can select any of the boxes from that dropdown menu and make it the default. We like the Master Bedroom PVR as the default as it is the one we use the most.

Now, within that dropdown menu you can click on Manage My PVR . This opens a pop-up overlay with a heading at the top called MY PVR. Currently I am looking at this and see the Master Bedroom PVR along with the option to view both scheduled and recorded shows. Of course from this menu, I now have the option to delete programs from either list. Currently, right below where it says MY PVR it shows me that I am viewing Master Bedroom PVR and that it is at 49% capacity. Supposedly while still in this menu, I can change from looking at Master Bedroom PVR to Basement PVR. So when I do that, do I see the same lists on the Basement PVR? No, I do not - I still see the Master Bedroom PVR.

Now, even if I close the pop-up overlay, and go back to the top left dropdown menu and change the default to Basement PVR and then click Manage My PVR again, I still see the Master Bedroom PVR. The only way to see my recordings on the Baement PVR is to completely close the guide and then re-open it. And as I also mentioned, it was like like this before being shut down last April and there is no improvement now that it is back. 

Edit: I have tried 3 different browsers - IE, Firefox, and Chrome and experience the same issue in all 3. 

@JohhnyRockets, check your PM. I need some additional information. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

shan-man
I Plan to Stick Around

How do I manage my PVR using the web interface from my iPad. Any time I go to http://www.rogersondemand.com/ my only option is to download an app.

Thanks!

stevehut
I Plan to Stick Around

Try using Chrome instead of safari, or request the desktop site on safari (google how to do that).