my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

I was trying to help with another problem last night and discovered another difficulty using a tablet.  I had been using the Android app on my tablet running Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich).  Last week, the battery refused to charge so I went out and bought a new tablet, which is running 5.0.2 (Lollipop).  I knew that version would not run the Rogers app, but now that the web version of Manage PVR is back, I didn't see it as necessary.

However, I cannot get to the Manage PVR part of the web site using Chrome with the tablet.  Even if I check the box to request the desktop version of the website, after I sign on, it forces me over to the mobile version and displays a page offering to download the app, which we know doesn't work.

Can anyone else with Android 5 confirm that they get the same result or tell me how to work around it?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have tried to get this functionality from Rogers.  I have an iPad and when I try to download the app I get a message that it is not available in Canada.  HELP, what am I doing wrong?

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@roxandtreez wrote "Can anyone else with Android 5 confirm that they get the same result or tell me how to work around it?"

Yes, I can confirm that accessing the webpage on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 does indeed jump straight to the (only) option of downloading the paralytically useless app. How very kind of you, Rogers. Thanks for nothing.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am running the" home edition" app that the blog sends you to.  Works fine...bottom right corner even has three swipe up screens that act as the remore control.  For the basics of recording, playing and organizing, works good

fyi  when ypu use the app to record series, it will show as "manual recording" on your scheduled list until the next day, when they are shown with the show title.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@User2014 Are you running on an iPhone/iPad or Android?  What version of software is on the device?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

How does a cable box ,that seems to be running, burning power 24 hours a day,work so slowly at simple commands like changing a channel?youtube has faster reaction times.I'm starting to think that the navigator misspell want on purpose.I'm looking elsewhere.that seems to be the only solution.pity,phones due to be renewed as well.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm using an iPad, version 8.4.1

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@User2014 wrote:

fyi  when ypu use the app to record series, it will show as "manual recording" on your scheduled list until the next day, when they are shown with the show title.

That's because the Manage PVR grid updates in real time, while the Guide on your TV gets updated once a night. I noticed that with using the * search function on my 8300HD to schedule the Formula 1 Qualifying  and Race. The race came up as a Manual Recording in my List because it was not yet in the guide.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Just in case anyone is still having trouble getting the RAPTV web app to work, I find going to http://www.rogersondemand.com/ (which I've bookmarked now) and then clicking the red Manage PVR tab has worked for me the last couple of days. Originally I bookmarked the actual grid, but that wouldn't work for me after a day.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Except that we wouldn`t have to ``manage our PVR`` if it wasn`t for the new Navigatr roll out.  For people like myself who were completely frustrated with this ``upgrade`` it provided a workaround I didn`t know about.