my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

Oh, for sure. I don't have Navigatr and just trying to watch the demo videos makes my head spin.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I have used it, but since it interfaces with the glitches in the PVR listings - series recordings are sometimes not there on the screen, or on the guide on the software app, there is no multiple dots. Sometimes a recording of a series like the nightly show with Steven Cobert has Monday and Tuesday showing, but no further days, either on the list in the app or on the menus, tv or the app, or in the listings on the TV.

If you delete the future recordings, and decide to put them back (I was just testing), it tells you it is aleady recorded (app or TV setbox).

So I use it sometimes when I am just sitting around elsewhere in the house using my phone (BB runs it because BB hasn't moved to the lolipop emulation, still on 4.4)

So in terms of managing the PVR - no better than doing it throught the list and tiles.  More junk related to a piece of junk - the new Navigtr.  My guess is they took it away while the prepared to program it to interface with the new Navigtr, found that it ran just fine, so put it back knowing that it still doesn't do anything to deal with the old problems.

Ahh Rogers, how we love to hate you. But you bring it on yourself.

To finish - would you please, please just fix the d***** thing and it is the box I am speaking of.  Be humble, eat the bullet and roll us back to what we knew here in Whitby and area until you get the new model working - it was interesting I saw an add for bundled tv last night and they showed the old red and white guide - wonder what you get in Whitby.

So you must still have the software configuaration and builds kicking around able to push out, and if there are contractual reasons why you can't do it, JUST TELL us.  I think we are owed an explanation.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

When using the rogers anyplace manage my pvr app - is there an easy way to move from channel to channel. I can click on the little block on the scroll bar on the right, but the scroll is too great - can't seem to move one channel at a time.

Keyboard page down up does not function, so I did find that I can click on the channel numbers on the left, then use the scroll function of the mouse.

It basically is operating like it is a touch screen app for a tablet, or touch screen as scrolling works ok, and arrow keys give you one line at a time.

Just wondering - boy I am getting tired of having to work around most apps and devices that I use with rogers - Modem/router needs the usb key to get at guest features (I wanted to turn them off), disabled in the ip address login to the Hitron, One number - so what browsers does it work on now - today I got a phone call happened to have one number in the system tray - brought up my default browser (chrome) - could actually answer the call, but dialing function is not available because RON is not compatable anymore with Chrome, or Windows edge, kind of flaky on all others, but with some fiddling, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn.

Trying to record and see series recordings via the phone app, the PC online app, or from the remote on the box is unpredictable, and the download details on Windows browsers for the bill online does not function, functions on all other browsers.

So anybody getting a bit frustrated any time they try to use various things on Rogers depending upon how broad your needs currently are.  And these are all at the same time.

I know three or four outstanding issues here, but I am just one lowly customer with all of these issues, but back to the anytime pvr and guide app on PC, is the only way I can move up one line at a time or browse the channels, by using scroll on mouse pad and arrow keys once clicking the channels on the left?

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

You can move down one channel at a time with your keyboard down arrow. But, yes, the panel on the right goes 50 channels at a time. It would be nice if you could just type in a number and go to that channel.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Thanks @OLDYELLR.  I do wish I had some positive things to say about Rogers services as of late, but it has been a challenge.

So I will say, the members on the board have been great at giving us a place to problem solve and vent, my home phone still works quite fine and the phone app on the setbox to show phone calls still works fine.  My internet is stable as a rock for quite some time, and my cell phones do what they have always done - not much - talk very little, text very little, and function as a small computer for checking my email, facebook, and a quick search on WiFi almost everywhere I go (but that last one has nothing to do with Rogers - that I can thank Blackberry and the Google apps for making the apps be able to run without data offline, to record my heart rate and walks and workouts, and when I get home or to a WIFI hotspot, I can upload them to my app sites.  But I do acknowledge that my wifi connection at home and internet connection is stable, other than the occasional time that I have to reboot - expected, and no drop outs since I released that the 2.4 is stable throughout my house and in my backyard, but 5.0 doesn't go through walls very well, so drops out due to excess packet loss, so I just turned it off and defaulted all my devices to 2.4.

So yes, I do have some positive things to say about Rogers services, now if they could just deal with all the outstanding ones. And yes my prices and services exactly fit my current needs so I won't call you and you don't need to call me and I have no need to have discussions about changes to services or even pay any attention to your ads; I am out of any terms with cancellation charges, and I will shortly own all my phones outright with no term committments, which is all good. So thank Rogers, I am about a 50% satisfied customer across all my services and  your support for price, value and support at this time - and I would recommend some of your services to other people, but some I would provide strong provisios around and some I would absolutely not recommend at this time until things get fixed and stable.  Can we shoot for 100% again? It was only about a year ago that I was highly satisfied.  I would prefer to be enjoying my services rather than reporting problems and venting here. 

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@WhyDidYouDoThis wrote - "lensman - Thank you for mentioning how you use rogersondemand.com. I had never used this & wasn't aware of what it was all about. Due to your post I have now investigated it & will make use of it similar to what you are doing. "

No problem. Only just became aware that MMPVR had resumed myself. Although where the promised "upgrades" were I have no idea. Rogers just deleted it and then brought it back some 5 or 6 months later!

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Boy this discussion has taken an interesting turn - how to have Rogers Internet and Bell Fibre TV.

In my home, I have Cat 5e, which I wired the house to key areas of the house and back to the router from Rogers. I don't actually use it anymore except for one older Sony Blue Rae player (excuse the spelling if in error), and it feeds an old Xbox which I sometimes plug in and use - I don't have an xbox membership, so I don't need it for my guitar player xbox game.

Everything else is WIFI and I have a wifi extender feeding off an ethernet connection as well. Boy are those ethernet connections fast when I do use them (GB ethernet from the router to my laptop and other devices that have GB adapters in them).

My understanding of how Fibre and IPTV can work (not sure if this is the way Bell does it).  Fibre comes to the great big grey box just installed down the street from my home last year. Currently, that box then feeds back to the standard ADSL, DSL and RJ11 cabling traditionaly used for phones.  I sat and talked to the installer, and inside those big boxes is also the availability for Fibre to your home, if you agree to pay the cost of laying it.  In some newer sudivision, they are now laying fibre to the termination point at the house, and inside the house, they are also laying fiber.  But this is not the norm.

Norm is that the fiber runs to those great big grey boxes, (they draw so much power, they have to sit beside a power transformer). Then copper runs back for TV, ADSL or DSL, or Fibe TV and Internet to the homes in the areas.

They have two ways to junction at the junction point at the home.  They can terminate to your coax, but only if you remove the connnections to Rogers - they cannot force you to drop Rogers, so in this case, they can run it across your existing rj11 copper cabling (phone cable), or they can put in another set of Coax, or they can put in Ethernet cabling within your house, depends upon what is available.

Whether they will let you unbundle the Internet or not, I don't know.  There was discussion at the CRTC that they were going to force them to unbundle all services, in particular when they went to Fibre (this started back in 2009, but I don't know the final CRTC ruling on that)

Certainly, to work Bell fibre is going to be running across Internet protocol (IP) and therefore will need to come into your home that way to provide home internet, Fibre TV, or their new phone which is now VOIP as well.  You can still keep your old copper RJ11 phone as well, but they will try to convince you to go to the complete bundle because it all comes in on one cable.

Definitely, you cannot run Rogers and Bell or Tech savy, etc in on the same line, but not fully true - as was mentioned, a level 3 or 5 managed switch (a very smart router - just as it says, it is routing signals in various directions - can be programmed to have multiple networks operating in the home and to take external sources and feed them down the correct cabling, but this is not cheap technology, and I doubt that Rogers, or Bell, or any naive general user could handle.  I know what it is, I don't know how to set it up.

But on a simple level, can you run Rogers and Bell in the same home - absolutely, Bell terminates into one set of cabling, and Rogers terminates into another set of cabling.  You own the cabling in your house, so you can do what you want - if you decide to have two sets of separate cabling running in the house, Bell or you, or someone else will probably charge you to do the work, but maybe not as in some cases, their may not be coax or ethernet in the house, and I kind of doubt they want to run it down standard copper phone cabling - the big black cable coming to your house handles more bandwidth than the RJ11 in your home.

The question is can you get the Internet excluded from the Bell bundle.  Personally, if I switch, I would love to stay with Rogers - they have been my Internet provider for years now and it is my preferred email.  And I don't want to pay for two internet services in my home if I can avoid it.

Interesting discussion like I said - how to get the best of both worlds - Probably not the solution to this problem that Rogers would like to see, but I have a gut feeling that if a number of Rogers customers came to Bell and said, here is what I want to do, I don't think they would fight too much or be willing to accommodate - they get their foot in the door if they do that.

Final note - in my home, there is copper phone cable running to 4 places in the house, and when I had Bell, I just used a wireless remote phones on same channels.

In addition, preinstalled in the house is Coax for my original Rogers cable (actually, I only had a settop and no decoder at that time) - the coax ran to 4 rooms in the house, and their was a separate line for the Internet router and I ran my own ethernet to 5 rooms in the house, so no reasons why at that termiation point outside that Bell can't bring Internet/Fibre into the house to any of the 4 rooms and extra boxes via WIFI to the two other TV locations I use in the house. They then leave the junction alone that the Rogers home phone and Internet runs to.  Rogers gets disconnected from the TV coax and Bell connects into it, and Rogers leaves the home/internet connection.  Just discussed in a chat with Bell - they will not unbundle the TV and internet - I gave him the reality that it had nothing to do with provision of Internet - it was just that hey have ip over the line, so a non issue to put a modem on too for Internet and charge us too. Pointed out that this is merely a policy marketing decision, that technology you can run both alternative cable companies or other internet companies over existing coax and run theirs two.  Just don't bother using their internet modem, use your preferred company, you just have to pay for two internet services - may actually be useful in some homes though, say you have a family of kids who are high users, and you and spouse are low users and want your tv choices.

Things to think about.

Bruce 

I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed    With Manage my PVR almost all of the lost functionality is found   My tablet becomes my remote for managing scheduled recordings and searching for new ones   Happy this was returned to us in time for the new season     

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I discovered something else Manage PVR can do. When the TV is on and I click on a channel number down the left side of the grid, the TV changes to that channel.

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Interesting. I knew the tablet could be used as a remote but haven't yet tried it.