cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my guide & manage my pvr missing

untouchable855
I Plan to Stick Around

Where is My Guide on new site.  I need this  I use it to set my pvr. im disabled and cant use remote

***Edited Labels***

486 REPLIES 486

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I shut down and restarted my browser (Firefox) to see if anything changed, but no.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets wrote:

@Gdkitty wrote:

But overall, it does appear to be just the same as before.

Begs the question of why it took so long... i am guessing it all revolved around the site/login changes. 

It does beg the question @Gdkitty. Why should it take 5 or 6 months to transfer the exact same page with the the exact same functionality from the MyRogers site to the RAPTV page? We were told that they were doing all kinds of testing, yet there is nothing new. It is the EXACT same page! Not sure about you but it sure boggles my mind!

The reason it took so long is that it worked before, but now it doesn't for me. Seems that everything Rogers changes ends up worse than it started. Smiley Sad

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@JohhnyRockets wrote:

@Gdkitty wrote:

But overall, it does appear to be just the same as before.

Begs the question of why it took so long... i am guessing it all revolved around the site/login changes. 

It does beg the question @Gdkitty. Why should it take 5 or 6 months to transfer the exact same page with the the exact same functionality from the MyRogers site to the RAPTV page? We were told that they were doing all kinds of testing, yet there is nothing new. It is the EXACT same page! Not sure about you but it sure boggles my mind!

The reason it took so long is that it worked before, but now it doesn't for me. Seems that everything Rogers changes ends up worse than it started. Smiley Sad

Thats why i mentioned the LOGIN thing.

We all know how.. flakey the site has been, especially revolving around loging in and it doing re-direct to the proper page after loging in, etc.
It could be something as simple, as whenever one tried to go into it, that the login detection/redirection, maybe wasnt working and always throwing them back to the wrong spot, etc.

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Well there is that too! You hit the nail on the head! Smiley Frustrated

JohhnyRockets

@Gdkitty wrote:

Thats why i mentioned the LOGIN thing.

We all know how.. flakey the site has been, especially revolving around loging in and it doing re-direct to the proper page after loging in, etc.
It could be something as simple, as whenever one tried to go into it, that the login detection/redirection, maybe wasnt working and always throwing them back to the wrong spot, etc.

Please - give me a break! Six months to fix a "LOGIN thing". I think @OLDYELLR is 100% correct. Every time Rogers tries to fix something or come up with something new, they just make it worse. We lose functionality; we lose what we had before; we get the "Rogers dance" as suggested by @BS in another thread. There is no better example than Navigatr!

Hiro11
I Plan to Stick Around
I will try that when I get home.

Hiro11
I Plan to Stick Around
I will try that when I get home. Thanks.

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

I guess I am now known as the "fancy dance guy", I love to dance by the way, I just have never been a fan of the called square dances or when I don't have the choice to choose my style of dance.  I enjoy playing a game, but I prefer when we are operating on the same set of rules and the rules are clear and we have a referee who is easily accessable.

I would also like to suggest that since Rogers can record are calls for training and quality assurance, we should be able to do the same for the same reason.  In Canada, there remains question on whether we can do that or not - I will leave that to legal experts to answer - me I just document everything on paper and I make it very clear to the person on the other end that I am doing it as I constantly get clarification and read it back to them and request that they read their notes too.  Only fair.

A number of us have become famous on the board with our names for nagigtr (remember navigarerator), the silence is deafening, and other phrases.  I stand behind all of these slogans. We can market cost and value too and at the moment many of us are getting poor value for lots of money.

Back to the topic at hand, his point is correct (sorry, forgot the name), it is amazing that this disappeared around March, and we got back pretty much what was there before, and a message on recording limits that I don't every recall seeing before.

I have been doing some research while I was away on the whole stuff related to the companies that have been found.  The information is all on the Internet if you follow the financial reports on all the companies.  The company that originally created the software stack and RDK that is being used and pushed here was comcast, and they wanted to develop develop standards for the whole industry, but the Company that can be found in the about on the navigtr has stated publically, along with comcast and others that they are very concerned that the telecom and cable companies will not go along with standards and will want to continue to put their own interpretation of what makes a box look and perform better and as a result the whole implementation of the concepts are being delayed and distorted, as the opinion of the companies is that the cable companies in particular need to stop playing the game of my box is better than your box, and just work collaboratively towards producing a well working new standard and infrustructure with full integration seemlessly with cable corps OTT othern than tv media, like Netflix, Sony, Crave, Shomi, full html5 browsing of Internet, apps for buying tickets, seeing shows, even buying media.  This means providing choice to the consumer, or they risk that consumers will completely cut the cord and go different routes and completley delay the implementation of what looks like a really slick model.

My thanks to the people who found all this information.  I still wait for Rogers to tell us the vision and direction (it is all out there in the open for us to build our own theories and conspiracies).  But one piece of advice - leave it to the experts and the major research and development teams.  Consider the IP standard - because industry worked together to build a common standard and concepts such as MAC address, smart routing, etc, we now have the robust system we all know today.  That requires cooperation, not competition, but that is a hard one to get through to the heads of companies who have been competition based and use marketing, not technology and standards and efficiency and interenally developed concepts of customer needs, costs and value decisions and then impose them on the customer.

Just my own opinion. but I will again be a way for a while.  

Thanks all, Bruce

roxandtreez
I'm a Senior Contributor

@OLDYELLR  I tried every possible combination and I could not find a way to make the Manage PVR function go away, except by moving the right border in half way, which I know is not your problem.

As a last resort, I keyed in the URL exactly as displayed in your screen shot.  It made no difference to the Manage PVR display.  However, now I cannot post in the forums using Chrome.  To post this one, I had to switch browsers to Firefox.  In Chrome, I get a system error from the web server:

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/t5/forums/replypage.editorform.form.form.form
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

Since several people have posted that the pages are identical to the old pages from a few months ago, I wonder if there is something in your cookies from a previous use that is causing that URL to pop up, and it does not have the manage PVR function.

I may have to delete my cookies on Chrome in order to be able to use the Forums after keying in your URL.  My fault for experimenting.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@roxandtreez wrote:

@OLDYELLR  I tried every possible combination and I could not find a way to make the Manage PVR function go away, except by moving the right border in half way, which I know is not your problem.

<snip>

I may have to delete my cookies on Chrome in order to be able to use the Forums after keying in your URL.  My fault for experimenting.

I think I have the mystery solved. I went to RAPTV on my desktop computer (instead of my laptop) and the "Manage your PVR" button was there, but when I clicked it, I had to sign in again and got an error, after which the button was gone. I tried again later and did get the Guide, but it wouldn't load and I got this when I clicked "Now".

raptverror.jpg

Later, I tried again on may laptop after rebooting it, but still no "Manage your PVR" button. Then I had a brilliant idea, I deleted the cookies, and viola! it worked. I'm sure someone would have suggested it eventually.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets when I tried to sign in to RAPTV on my desktop, where I did see the "Manage your PVR" button, it asked me to sign in again after clicking it and then gave me an error. So I do think the sign in problem is messing things up for some people. (I finally did get the "Manage your PVR" button on my laptop by deleting the Rogers cookies.)

On my Windows XP desktop, however, the Guide still loads and loads forever and I get an error when I click the "Now" button. I never did try the old "Manage your PVR" on that computer, though. Anyone here with good old Windows XP who can tell me if it works for them?

Bullitt
I Plan to Stick Around
The order I had to do things on my laptop was:
1. Go to rogersanyplacetv.com
2. If it shows you signed in, then sign out. The MANAGE PVR link will then appear to the right of KIDS ZONE.
3. Do not sign back in yet or the link will disappear. Instead, click on the MANAGE PVR link now (while signed off). You will then be prompted to sign in.
4. Sign in and the guide screen will appear. Click on the drop down arrow at the top left and it should show the PVR currently set with the Manage My PVR button underneath.

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@JohhnyRockets when I tried to sign in to RAPTV on my desktop, where I did see the "Manage your PVR" button, it asked me to sign in again after clicking it and then gave me an error. So I do think the sign in problem is messing things up for some people. (I finally did get the "Manage your PVR" button on my laptop by deleting the Rogers cookies.)

On my Windows XP desktop, however, the Guide still loads and loads forever and I get an error when I click the "Now" button. I never did try the old "Manage your PVR" on that computer, though. Anyone here with good old Windows XP who can tell me if it works for them?

Can't tell you about Win XP, but I know it worked fine on my ENIAC......

People can't make software backwards compatible forever....maybe running a 20+ year old OS is part of the problem here.....

JohhnyRockets

While I have had no problems logging in and accessing the "Manage PVR" feature on the RAPTV page, there are a couple of issues I would like to mention and see if anyone else has the same problems. 

We have 2 PVRs in our house. We have given them names - Basement and Master Bedroom. When you first open the guide, you are given the option of making one of these the default PVR form the list in the top left corner. In our house that is the Master Bedroom PVR because it is a Nextbox 3 and has a ton more memory than the Basement PVR which is an older 8300 model. Anyway, if you click the top left corner menu, and then click "Manage My PVR" you are then shown a pop-up window where you can view your list of recorded and scheduled shows. You are also supposed to have the option of switching back and forth between PVRs, in our case from Master Bedroom to Basement. However when I click on Basement, it just goes back to Master Bedroom. The only way to see what is recoreded on the Basement PVR is to go back, change the default to Basement, close the guide, and then re-open it. Then I have to do the same thing all over again to go back to the Master Bedroom PVR. We had this exact same issue back last spring before Manage My PVR was removed from MyRogers.

The second issue, though minor, is also kind of annoying. When viewing the list of recorded and scheduled shows, we have seleceted "by date" as the default choice. The list of recorded shows lists them in order from most recent to oldest. However the scheduled shows list is in the opposite order - with the shows scheduled for today being at the bottom of the list while shows scheduled for a week from now are at the top. Why is there not a degree of consistency between the 2 lists?

My last observation is that both of these issues were present last April before Manage PVR was removed. Now that it has reappeared in RAPTV, neither issue is fixed. It seems like the only change made was to relocate Manage PVR from MyRogers to RAPTV with no attempt to correct any of the issues. 

lensman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

As glad as I am that the Guide and Manage My PVR is back on my PC why is it the links are not available from MyRogers account/services pages? In fact there is still a message stating that this is NOT AVAILABLE!

Need to manage your recordings or view your channel guide?

The links allowing you to do this aren’t available right now, but you can use the Rogers Anyplace TVTM Home Edition app — it’s free!

If I hadn't been following this thread I wouldn't have known to go to rogersondemand.com that I usually NEVER go to!

And on the subject of the app - has anyone confirmed they can use it on the tablet app which previously was pretty useless and I deleted?

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets wrote:

While I have had no problems logging in and accessing the "Manage PVR" feature on the RAPTV page, there are a couple of issues I would like to mention and see if anyone else has the same problems. 

We have 2 PVRs in our house. We have given them names - Basement and Master Bedroom. When you first open the guide, you are given the option of making one of these the default PVR form the list in the top left corner. In our house that is the Master Bedroom PVR because it is a Nextbox 3 and has a ton more memory than the Basement PVR which is an older 8300 model. Anyway, if you click the top left corner menu, and then click "Manage My PVR" you are then shown a pop-up window where you can view your list of recorded and scheduled shows. You are also supposed to have the option of switching back and forth between PVRs, in our case from Master Bedroom to Basement. However when I click on Basement, it just goes back to Master Bedroom. The only way to see what is recoreded on the Basement PVR is to go back, change the default to Basement, close the guide, and then re-open it. Then I have to do the same thing all over again to go back to the Master Bedroom PVR. We had this exact same issue back last spring before Manage My PVR was removed from MyRogers.

First of all, when I'm on the RAPTV page, at first I don't see the "Manage your PVR" tab next to the "Kids Zone" tab, but it appears after a few seconds.

I have a SA8300HD and a SA8300SD. The HD appears as "PVR 1" and I can switch to "STB 2" in the top left dropdown, which is apparently my SD PVR and just shows the guide and recordings can't be scheduled. This is as it was before Rogers removed the original app. I never did "name" the boxes because there was no need for me. Whichever box I switch to in the dropdown, it becomes the default and stays that way when I go back to the app.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Lurker wrote:

Can't tell you about Win XP, but I know it worked fine on my ENIAC......

People can't make software backwards compatible forever....maybe running a 20+ year old OS is part of the problem here.....

It's a moot point. I just mentioned it as a curiosity. There is no way I'd actually want to go to the next room and schedule a recording from my desktop PC when the TV itself is right in front of me. Of course, I don't have Navigatr or a Nextbox, so scheduling recordings is not an ordeal.

@JohhnyRockets wrote:

The second issue, though minor, is also kind of annoying. When viewing the list of recorded and scheduled shows, we have seleceted "by date" as the default choice. The list of recorded shows lists them in order from most recent to oldest. However the scheduled shows list is in the opposite order - with the shows scheduled for today being at the bottom of the list while shows scheduled for a week from now are at the top. Why is there not a degree of consistency between the 2 lists?

My last observation is that both of these issues were present last April before Manage PVR was removed. Now that it has reappeared in RAPTV, neither issue is fixed. It seems like the only change made was to relocate Manage PVR from MyRogers to RAPTV with no attempt to correct any of the issues. 

Wish i had a 2nd pvr to test this with.

I have 2 HD boxes and 1 NB3.

Defaults to one of the HD boxes.. but when i switch to the PVR, it stays on it.

So i dont think its generally just more than one box issue.. may have something to do with the 2 PVRs.

lensman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

In replying to my own question above I have just confirmed that the tablet version of Rogers' RAPTV Home Edition Tablet ON is just as broken as before. You cannot even log in to your account since you are told you don't have one! Many of the last "reviews" state just that, so it's not just me.

Edit: The reason for this is Rogers' non-support of Android Lollipop. Maybe I'll go back to using the original tablet - you know, the kind where you write using a hammer and chisel!

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

I think the Rogers implementors need to learn that there are some very intelligent technically minded people with long memories, and for those on their many electronic communication forums, they can go back and see what was said before.

They have to put more effort into fixing the things that weren't working well before, and when one like this disappears for months on end, and finally shows up with the same bugs, and some new ones and the only obvious change is that the link changed. By the way, somewhere on the Rogers main pages, you will find the link for anyplace tv and it takes you there, and then you find the manage pvr added to live tv. 

An alternative question, still not answered; "is there a technology, implementation, or policy reason why we cannot view live TV in our home (as stated, it is not really anywhere, but anywhere in your home - good reason to call it the home version) on a computer.  If it can be fed to a tablet over the internal network, why not over a computer.

I have many apps that I can do that, like U-tube (by the way, underlying software technology is the same company that makes Navigtr), I can manage and view things off my smart phone to my laptop using internal network, watch things on my computer to TV via my internal network and so forth).  What is holding this back, and is there an intent to move it from the tablet to the laptop or computer?

Bruce

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@BS wrote:
By the way, somewhere on the Rogers main pages, you will find the link for anyplace tv and it takes you there, and then you find the manage pvr added to live tv.

I just get there by going to rogers.com, signing in if prompted, and then clicking MORE. I then click EXPLORE under the Rogers Anyplace graphic then the red "Manage your PVR" tab. There does not seem to be a direct, one step, way to access anything anymore on the Rogers site.