my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

Any way to get on that list of user to test? 🙂

Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)

@Gdkitty, Majority of the testing took place internally as most of the delay had to do with appropriating the link to the new site opposed to the functionality of the portal itself.

All the RE's are always in mind when an opportunity arises for user testing I truly believe that you guys would be ideal for such testing. Sitll some obstacles to achieving this but work is underway to bring visibility to the RE's and to include the forums in the early stages of product launches to better allow for these opportunities to take place.

Great News!

Starting at noon on Wednesday September 9th, customers will be able to remotely manage their PVR via a link on RapTV.

Customers will need to log into http://www.rogersanyplacetv.com using their Rogers.com profile. The Manage PVR link appears in the top nav. Clicking it will launch the rPVR site. 

Customers who do not have cable TV will not see the link upon logging in. If you have cable, but are unable to see the link, you may need to re-login.

Thank you all for your patience as we worked to make this feature accessible.

Manage PVR 2.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Nice to hear of this change - look forward to seeing how it goes and once again having the ability to manage my recordings from my computer.

Just in time for the Fall rollout of new shows, so a critical time for those who have lots to record and view.

Bruce

Just one thing, could we avoid the use of acronyms to describe services RON (rogers one number) RapTV (rogers anyplace tv) is that the home version, or app version, and rPVR.  I had to do some thinking on all of those terms.

It reminds me of when I supervised support staff in my information and services department (IT/IS) that they were never to use our technical terms unless we defined them for the user first.

Thanks, Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Great news! But "RapTV" did have me confused for a bit. The last thing we need is more rap "music" videos. Smiley LOL

We'll be sure to let you know how well it works (or doesn't).

LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersStrick

As others have stated, this is indeed good news! We would be very disappointed to not have this feature available during our winter sojourn in Florida. Smiley Wink

I do note however that the screen shot you provided looks identical to the interface that was inexpicably removed last April when MyRogers was revamped. It makes me wonder why it will have taken so long to have this feature restored. I guess it is a case of "better late than never". 

Thank you!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm trying out the new online rpvr - I scheduled a recording and got a confirmation that it was scheduled, but the recording didn't start.

Also - there's a message that says I can't record more than 2 programs at once, but I have a Nextbox 3 - why would it say that?

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @headhoncho

Have you verified you have the correct box selected on the top left corner?

RogersAsif

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

yes, it was the correct box selected - that was the first thing I did when I logged in - I made sure the PVR was the default box -  I tried again and set up another recording and this time it worked Smiley Happy

maybe it was just an initial glitch

but it still does say that I can't record more than 2 programs at once

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@headhoncho

Thanks for letting me know! I figured, but just wanted to confirm Smiley Wink

In regards to not being able to record more than 2 shows at the same time with Nextbox 3, I will see if I can get some more info!

RogersAsif