cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my guide & manage my pvr missing

untouchable855
I Plan to Stick Around

Where is My Guide on new site.  I need this  I use it to set my pvr. im disabled and cant use remote

***Edited Labels***

486 REPLIES 486

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

lensman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Thanks for that link. Some very nice and much needed changes there. Still would like to be able to have control over my guide and recordings via computer, though. Hopefully that will be introduced at the same time.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@robindp wrote:
Guys, looks like a new guide is being rolled out starting on the 28th - for more information, visit https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/nextbox/9087

I hope the website will also be updated soon.

As we now know, the Manage My PVR function, promised to be back by the middle of this month, is now indefinitely delayed.  However, we see this new Guide for the Nextboxes suddenly appear out of nowhere, scheduled for July 28th. I saw mention on another forum that this and the postponement of PVR Management might be connected. Let's hope it's not too closely connected, leaving the 8300HD unsupported.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I see that comments re: New Guide are not very positive over here: 

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/61-rogers-cable-tv-hd-pvr-discussion/243074-new-guide-coming-july-28...

Somehow, I gather that a lot of people do not have much confidence in Rogers.

The fact that the ability to manage our PVR online is now another 2 months away after being told that something would happen by mid-July is even greater cause for concern. To be honest, I do not even know what to say any more. How are you supposed to be positive when Rogers gives us so little to be positive about?

Keep bringing the heat JR

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor
"I see that comments re: New Guide are not very positive over here: "

I know it sounds odd, but I generally like to USE a product before taking my crazy to the interwebs.

RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

@Lurker

Stay tuned for a Community announcement coming on Monday. We'll have all the area roll out dates starting July 28th.

RogersDarrell

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lurker wrote:
"I see that comments re: New Guide are not very positive over here: "

I know it sounds odd, but I generally like to USE a product before taking my crazy to the interwebs.

Agreed.
You can have your trepidations..  and completely validated in some cases, based on past performance..  doubts, etc.

But thats automatically putting down something until you have it in your hand.  It could be perfectly fine.

The mind is a powerful thing.. and its powers can sway an outcome.
You look at an apple.. and because the last one you ate was rotten.. your mind can think 'i am not sure about this apple' and you think its going to be bad/rotten as well.   You convince yourself it will be bad... you eat it.. its not bad, but your not EXCITED about eating the apple at all.   Without that notion already in your head.. the apple may taste that much BETTER.

I always with everything (from movies, to hardware, etc), try to walk in with a NEUTRAL slate.
Take some reviews, etc into consideration.. but do not let them sway my opinion.  See it for what it is... and draw my conclusions from what i personally found myself.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

That's a very philosophical view, @Gdkitty. I look on the practical side. When Rogers promises one thing, then does something else, it's probably because of priorities to put out more urgent fires affecting more customers.  We loved the Manage PVR on the web function, but I'm guessing not a huge number of customers knew about it.  Meanwhile, a lot of customers were complaining about their Nextbox 3.0 recordings and schedules messing up and causing reboots.

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor
"Stay tuned for a Community announcement coming on Monday. We'll have all the area roll out dates starting July 28th."

Now THAT is helpful...i think it's the first time it's been done on the tv side of things...

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

True.

Normally we may know of the roll out start date or that an update has started..

But its sort of hit and miss of what area is getting it when, etc.

Will be nice to know where/when 🙂

lensman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Gdkitty - now you've just made me hungry for some apple PIE, damnit! 

JohhnyRockets

@RogersStrick wrote:

Hi @JohhnyRockets, Thanks for keeping us in check 🙂 

We are continuing to make progress with the provision of a solution for the “manage my PVR” option.  We are focused on ensuring full functionality is returned and are currently involved in extensive testing. Based on current results and timeline we anticipate a launch within the next two months.

This remains a priority for us to fix, as we know this is an important feature for many customers, we apologize for the delay with its return.

Stay tuned for further updates.

I know it has only been a month but just wondering how the testing has been going and whether or not the timeline you reported is still one we should expect to be adhered to. With the recent Navigatr fiasco, I am wondering if all of Rogers attention is now geared to fixing those issues and those of us who just want the ability to program our PVR via a PC will be left cooling our heals a while longer. Come to think of it though, if we could program our PVR via the computer, we would not even have to use Navigatr.

RogersStrick

Hi everyone,

We are currently undergoing user acceptance testing of the manage my PVR remote feature and will be able to provide a further update by mid September on the success of the testing. At that time we will also have more difinitive details to offer with regards to the actual date that the link will become accessible via desktop.

Any way to get on that list of user to test? 🙂

RogersStrick

@Gdkitty, Majority of the testing took place internally as most of the delay had to do with appropriating the link to the new site opposed to the functionality of the portal itself.

All the RE's are always in mind when an opportunity arises for user testing I truly believe that you guys would be ideal for such testing. Sitll some obstacles to achieving this but work is underway to bring visibility to the RE's and to include the forums in the early stages of product launches to better allow for these opportunities to take place.

RogersStrick

Great News!

Starting at noon on Wednesday September 9th, customers will be able to remotely manage their PVR via a link on RapTV.

Customers will need to log into http://www.rogersanyplacetv.com using their Rogers.com profile. The Manage PVR link appears in the top nav. Clicking it will launch the rPVR site. 

Customers who do not have cable TV will not see the link upon logging in. If you have cable, but are unable to see the link, you may need to re-login.

Thank you all for your patience as we worked to make this feature accessible.

Manage PVR 2.png

BS
I'm a Senior Advisor

Nice to hear of this change - look forward to seeing how it goes and once again having the ability to manage my recordings from my computer.

Just in time for the Fall rollout of new shows, so a critical time for those who have lots to record and view.

Bruce

Just one thing, could we avoid the use of acronyms to describe services RON (rogers one number) RapTV (rogers anyplace tv) is that the home version, or app version, and rPVR.  I had to do some thinking on all of those terms.

It reminds me of when I supervised support staff in my information and services department (IT/IS) that they were never to use our technical terms unless we defined them for the user first.

Thanks, Bruce

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Great news! But "RapTV" did have me confused for a bit. The last thing we need is more rap "music" videos. Smiley LOL

We'll be sure to let you know how well it works (or doesn't).

JohhnyRockets

@RogersStrick

As others have stated, this is indeed good news! We would be very disappointed to not have this feature available during our winter sojourn in Florida. Smiley Wink

I do note however that the screen shot you provided looks identical to the interface that was inexpicably removed last April when MyRogers was revamped. It makes me wonder why it will have taken so long to have this feature restored. I guess it is a case of "better late than never". 

Thank you!

headhoncho
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm trying out the new online rpvr - I scheduled a recording and got a confirmation that it was scheduled, but the recording didn't start.

Also - there's a message that says I can't record more than 2 programs at once, but I have a Nextbox 3 - why would it say that?

Hi @headhoncho

Have you verified you have the correct box selected on the top left corner?

RogersAsif

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?