my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boulevardier
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

Keep bringing the heat JR
Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

"I see that comments re: New Guide are not very positive over here: "

I know it sounds odd, but I generally like to USE a product before taking my crazy to the interwebs.
RogersDarrell
Community Manager (Retired)

@Lurker

Stay tuned for a Community announcement coming on Monday. We'll have all the area roll out dates starting July 28th.

RogersDarrell

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Lurker wrote:
"I see that comments re: New Guide are not very positive over here: "

I know it sounds odd, but I generally like to USE a product before taking my crazy to the interwebs.

Agreed.
You can have your trepidations..  and completely validated in some cases, based on past performance..  doubts, etc.

But thats automatically putting down something until you have it in your hand.  It could be perfectly fine.

The mind is a powerful thing.. and its powers can sway an outcome.
You look at an apple.. and because the last one you ate was rotten.. your mind can think 'i am not sure about this apple' and you think its going to be bad/rotten as well.   You convince yourself it will be bad... you eat it.. its not bad, but your not EXCITED about eating the apple at all.   Without that notion already in your head.. the apple may taste that much BETTER.

I always with everything (from movies, to hardware, etc), try to walk in with a NEUTRAL slate.
Take some reviews, etc into consideration.. but do not let them sway my opinion.  See it for what it is... and draw my conclusions from what i personally found myself.

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

That's a very philosophical view, @Gdkitty. I look on the practical side. When Rogers promises one thing, then does something else, it's probably because of priorities to put out more urgent fires affecting more customers.  We loved the Manage PVR on the web function, but I'm guessing not a huge number of customers knew about it.  Meanwhile, a lot of customers were complaining about their Nextbox 3.0 recordings and schedules messing up and causing reboots.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

"Stay tuned for a Community announcement coming on Monday. We'll have all the area roll out dates starting July 28th."

Now THAT is helpful...i think it's the first time it's been done on the tv side of things...
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

True.

Normally we may know of the roll out start date or that an update has started..

But its sort of hit and miss of what area is getting it when, etc.

Will be nice to know where/when 🙂

lensman
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Gdkitty - now you've just made me hungry for some apple PIE, damnit! 

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersStrick wrote:

Hi @JohhnyRockets, Thanks for keeping us in check 🙂 

We are continuing to make progress with the provision of a solution for the “manage my PVR” option.  We are focused on ensuring full functionality is returned and are currently involved in extensive testing. Based on current results and timeline we anticipate a launch within the next two months.

This remains a priority for us to fix, as we know this is an important feature for many customers, we apologize for the delay with its return.

Stay tuned for further updates.

I know it has only been a month but just wondering how the testing has been going and whether or not the timeline you reported is still one we should expect to be adhered to. With the recent Navigatr fiasco, I am wondering if all of Rogers attention is now geared to fixing those issues and those of us who just want the ability to program our PVR via a PC will be left cooling our heals a while longer. Come to think of it though, if we could program our PVR via the computer, we would not even have to use Navigatr.

RogersStrick

Hi everyone,

We are currently undergoing user acceptance testing of the manage my PVR remote feature and will be able to provide a further update by mid September on the success of the testing. At that time we will also have more difinitive details to offer with regards to the actual date that the link will become accessible via desktop.