my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

@RogersAsif wrote:

Stay tuned for more updates!

RogersAsif

Just wondering how long we will have to wait for more updates. We lost this feature last April. It is now June. Why does it take Rogers so long to fix something that they messed up - especially when they had a perfectly good link to something that was working just fine? 

Community Manager (Retired) RogersStrick
Community Manager (Retired)

Hello everyone,

We apologize for the delay with placement of the “Manage My PVR” link on the Rogers Any Place TV (RAPTV) website.

We are making every effort to solution this concern as soon as possible. We will provide additional updates as new information becomes available.

So here we go again. It has now been over 2 months since we have lost this function and still Rogers is apologizing but not providing a fix - yet! My main question is why this function has to be moved to the Rogers Any Place TV (RAPTV) website. It was previously on MyRogers and it worked just fine. The link was there and it functioned reasonably well - most of the time. Why can this function not be made a part of MyRogers again? And how long do we have to keep listening to excuses and apologies? 

I'm a Senior Advisor

I believe the loss of function has to do with the complete re-vamp of the Rogers website, to make it prettier, I presume. It must have been done by a completely different team using a completely different platform and they had little idea of everything the old site did and no communication with the original team.  An awful lot of things were broken or lost.  It's slowly getting fixed. At its worst, it was hard to log in here because I had to scroll and navigate to different areas after my hour of inactivity expired. Now it stays on the same page, but I have to log in 3 times. Obviously, there's a long way to go yet, which is why Rogers can't give you a firm timeline.  I hate to point out the obvious after the fact, but "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

@OLDYELLR wrote:

I hate to point out the obvious after the fact, but "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Rogers seems to be doing a lot of that!

We want to keep everyone as informed as much as we possible can, while we address these issues, we will continue to provide updates until this matter is resolved. It's important to us to restore the functionality of the "Manage My PVR" feature as soon as possible. It's evident how important this feature is to our customers, we understand the inconvenience created by its loss and are working hard to have it returned.

I Plan to Stick Around

The Manage PVR from MyRogers wouldn't even be a big deal if also the PVR Home Edition app didn't work for Android.

That hasn't been working for months longer than the Manage PVR on Rogers.com. So if you have an android updated to lollipop you're out of luck all together to manage the pvr remotely.

Fix something please, both of them being broken for months is just ridiculous.

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

We are making progress with the implementation of a solution and expect to be able to provide some good news about the manage my PVR link, by mid July.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Using my rose coloured glasses, the fact its taking some time to get this back up and running could mean there's some new functionality coming to it as well?  Perhaps something similar to Bell's new Fibe TV app?

I hope you are correct@Lurker. Taking 4 months to restore a simple function is just plain ridiculous!Smiley Frustrated