my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

Yes, I agree with the comments about not being able access the Guide on the computer. Quite an onerous "technical" ommission on their part....

With regards to getting the guide on anything other  than an Apple product that is incorrect. I did it the very day I posted my first message on my Galaxy Tab4. And have now confirmed the record function worked. I did not find it directly in the Play store but rather had to click on a link after I installed the MyRogers app.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I would be very curious to see the link that you got. Could you possibly post it? When I sign in to MyRogers on the computer, they too have a link to download the app for Android - both mobile and tablet. This is the link I get.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?hl=en&id=com.alldigital.rogers.streamb.android

The message when I click the link is as follows: Not Found

We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.

Is it possible you were able to download it before it was removed? You also must have an older version of Android since on Lollipop, the app has been out of commision for about 6 months now!

There is also an interesting post on another forum: App developers can prevent their apps from showing up in the search results if your device is not compatible. I guess Rogers has put on that restriction as they probably don't have any immediate plans and they don't want anymore bad reviews.

As for the guide not being available on the computer, I am beginning to think it will never return as it has now been well over a month since Rogers has even replied here! 
I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets wrote:

I would be very curious to see the link that you got. Could you possibly post it? When I sign in to MyRogers on the computer, they too have a link to download the app for Android - both mobile and tablet. This is the link I get.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?hl=en&id=com.alldigital.rogers.streamb.android

The message when I click the link is as follows: Not Found

We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.

That's interesting. When I click the link on my computer it tells me I have it installed. I did download it and install it both on my LG phone and my Kobo Vox tablet. When I click install, I get this:

pic.jpg

In fact, it's installed and does work on my obsolete Vox (Android v.2.3.4), but the tablet is primarily an eReader and very underpowered as a tablet, so it hangs trying to scroll the grid and select a show, but I did actually manage to schedule a recording.

I also installed the app on my LG phone (Android v.4.1.2), but can't get it to work because the Rogers login screen does not show my username and password or any way to enter it, so I can't log in. So I can't even see whether the screen would be too small to navigate the grid.

Anyway, I believe this thread is about getting PVR scheduling back on our computers, not putting apps on other devices.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Not sure I can help you, JohhnyR with regards to that link. It may be a device error you are encountering. My Galaxy Tab4 is pretty new (3 months?) and using newest OS as I recall.

About the link not showing up in a search. Well, for me it didn't show up in a direct search, either. Could only access from MyRogers. Which, as you theorise, could mean that Rogers doesn't need any more bad reviews from people downloading from a direct search onto a non-compatible device (i.e. ALL devices shown as incompatible unless MyRogers is downloaded ??).

And, yes, very annoying not being able to access Guide from a computer. Small screens are not the best way of viewing the Guide.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I Googled "Google Play", went there, then searched for "rogers" and chose "rogers home edition", then clicked the only Rogers app that came up, Rogers Anyplace TV, which said "Installed" When I clicked that, this is what I got now, which is different from yesterday.

Clipboard01.jpg

The app I saw yesterday did not come up anymore, only Rogers Anyplace TV. I remember trying to install that one on my Vox a long time ago and it waqsn'tcompatible.  I also installed it on my phone before I found Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition. Now RAPTV Home Edition doesn't even come up in the search, just like @JohhnyRockets said.  Strange indeed.

It is very strange indeed. The only place you can now find The Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app (not to be confused  Rogers Anyplace TV which is for streaming on your tablet or smartphone) is on iTunes for an Apple device. As you said though, this thread is about "my guide & manage my pvr missing" from the MyRogers site and it has now been over a month since Rogers has even seen fit to provide us with an update here. I have PMed them with no response either. The whole issue is very disconcerting!

Not quite so, JohhnyR. If I search the Play store on my Galaxy Tab4 I get three app's come up. One is Anyplace TV Home Mobile (ON), Rogers Anyplace TV, and finally RAPTV Home Edition ON. Exactly as it's spelled - I didn't shorten that.

@lensman

You are correct. The links on MyRogers appear to working once again, though it was verified by @OLDYELLR that previously, the links were not working! If I click on the Tablet link, it now takes me to  RAPTV Home Edition Tablet ON. Interesting though in that out of 418 reviews, 253 give it a 1-star rating! The mobile link brings you to  Anyplace TV Home Mobile (ON) where out of 1032 reviews, 642 give it a 1-star rating. I guess neither app is very good! However, the use of the apps is not really the subject of this thread which was started in response to Rogers removing the ability to view your guide and program your PVR on a COMPUTER through the MyRogers Website. The bottom line is that this function has not been restored by Rogers nor will anyone from Rogers comment here to explain to us what is going on! 

I Plan to Stick Around

The iPhone and other Android mobile device screens are too small for a proper view of the Guide. Nobody is happy with the mobile Rogers AnyplaceTV app.

Give us our ability to view the MyGuide and program the Nextbox PVR on a COMPUTER through the MyRogers Website.

Yesterday was already too late!

Rogers, you had it all working....PLEASE GIVE IT BACK TO US

I'm a Senior Advisor

@boulevardier, you are exactly right. Rogers had a computer app to manage our PVRs and did away with it to replace it with one for tiny screen mobile devices. The work was done, the code exists, why re-invent the wheel as a roller skate. And they won't come out and say why they did it or even if we'll get it back. All that has been gained is a new look website.