my guide & manage my pvr missing

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

I travel and always used the manage PVR to record my shows, now it's no longer there.  I don't have iphone and it's ridiculous that something that worked great for so many people was removed.  When will it be back, it's been quite a while now that it hasn't worked.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersAsif wrote:

Hello Community

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I’m sure many of you are frustrated going without this featureSmiley Sad

Rogers is aware of the issue and is working to resolve the problem.

We apologize for the inconvenience and understand the frustration for users who currently don't have access to the Rogers Anyplace TV App Home Edition app. You won’t be able to access these functionalities elsewhere, besides your digital cable box for now.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

RogersAsif

It has now been a month since anyone from Rogers has commented on this thread. How patient and understanding are we supposed to be? 

Just want to keep this thread alive until we actually hear from Rogers! Will the ability to manage our PVR ever be restored on MyRogers?

I Plan to Stick Around

I missed the Formula 1 race on the weekend. Forgot to program the PVR and remembered at the cottage. No "My Guide" makes no sense!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't understand why, when this is a hi tech company, something that was available and functioned well before - no longer does.  Why go backward?  I too want to keep this post alive until they respond with a 'fix' date.  I have called as well and no one seems to know when this will be available again.  Come on Rogers - get a move on, how hard can it be to put something back that was there and working?

I'm a Senior Advisor

I suspect it's a result of the website facelift. Clearly, the team that did it are new and were not aware of all the functions it served and put style ahead of function. There are a lot of things wrong, like logging in to the forum from an email notification and then having to find the forum.  Finding my Rogers Bills even requires a workaround because the new page comes up instead of the more useful old one. I've tried to find my old TV page the same way, but it's been replaced by a dumbed-down fancy-looking one.

I'm sure Rogers is well aware of the mess and hopefully doing something about it instead of just telling customers to get iPads to manage their PVRs. It would be nice if Rogers gave us at least weekly updates on how this is going.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

We do know for a fact that Rogers is aware of the issue. They have commented here on the issue - but not in more than a month now. It is also posted on MyRogers that the function to program your PVR is not available "right now". The "right now" would suggest that this function will return. The fact that Rogers will no longer comment here to at least give us an update makes me, for one, very dubious!

I'm a Reliable Contributor

After much messing around I was able to gain access to the Guide and schedule recordings. (Don't yet know if they worked!). I had to D/L My Rogers onto my (Android) tablet and from with that app I then clicked on a link to D/L the Home Edition. The Guide seems to be working within that now.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, in some cases you can get an app for your phone or tablet and access your PVR, but it's a bit useless on a tiny phone screen. The app for my Android phone does not let me log in and my Kobo Vox Android tablet is too old and underpowered to be useful. This thread is about being able to manage your PVR with a real computer, which Rogers broke when revamping the website.  Using a phone app is not an acceptable substitute.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

As usual, OLDYELLR is correct. "This thread is about being able to manage your PVR with a real computer". It is interesting to note also that apparently the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app has been removed from Google play. My Rogers shows a link to download the app and clicking on it brings up the following message: We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server. So it appears that unless you have an Apple device, you are plain out of luck to remotely manage your PVR!