cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my guide & manage my pvr missing

untouchable855
I Plan to Stick Around

Where is My Guide on new site.  I need this  I use it to set my pvr. im disabled and cant use remote

***Edited Labels***

486 REPLIES 486

Re: my guide & manage my pvr missing

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

The term "upgrading" gets thrown around a lot. How is removing an essential function upgrading?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

JohhnyRockets
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Simply stated, it is not!

JohnH38
I've Been Here Awhile

After the MyRogers upgrade, I can no longer access my internet or cable accounts from the account overview page. I can only access my 2 pay-as-you-go accounts, and even then, only occassionaly - sometimes nothing shows up and I get a message to contact a customer service rep. I tried that last week and they tried to add the accounts manually but then gave up and told me to create a new account. Typical useless response. The 2 pay-as-you-go accounts magically reappeared this mornng, but still no internet or cable accounts. Now I can't check my internet usage.

The short answer is that the MyRogers site is incredibly buggy and the customer support is a joke.

either revert to old site or add  my guide & manage my pvr to the new site please

JohhnyRockets

Unfortunately, reverting to the old page is not likely going to happen. I have read that the "Manage My PVR" has now been removed from MyRogers and the fact that Rogers is no longer replying to this issue would seem to confirm this. They seem to be telling people to use the app but unfortunately the app no longer works on Android devices and it also seems to be hit amd miss on Apple devices. There seems to be no concern at all for people who use computers and just want to go online to manage their PVR! Any response Rogers?

JohhnyRockets

After logging into MyRogers this morning and checking once again to see if the  "Manage My PVR" function is available, I noticed the following message from Rogers: 

Need to manage your recordings or view your channel guide?

The links allowing you to do this aren’t available right now, but you can use the Rogers Anyplace TVHome Edition app — it’s free!

So, if the links are not available right now, is there any indication of when they will be available? Not everyone has a device where the app can be downloaded. 

Well, at least thats possibly a good sign, that its possibly only temporary..

And might be available LATER

(how later, is the question)

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

I have 2 devices to which I have downloaded the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app. My LG cellphone, which is Android 4.1.2, but shows no way to sign in, and my Kobo Vox eReader tablet, Android 2.3.4, which lets me sign in and I can see the PVR guide, but the system is so old, slow and klunly it's impossible to navigate.  From whatI'm reading the app doesn't work on the latest Android OS. So for all intents and purposes, the Manage My PVR function is on hiatus.

Hi @timreuel 

We’d like to help with your issue with accessing your account on rogers.com

I’m going to have someone from @CommunityHelps reach out to you in Private Message, please check our Messages from the Envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

Thanks!

@RogersPrasana 

I used to be able to get to it inside my billing info platform on the right hand side.  I could do my PVRing on the site.

Hiro11
I Plan to Stick Around

IS THIS GOING TO BE RESOLVED? IT'S BEEN OVER TWO WEEKS NOW. THIS IS REDICULOUS AND MAKES MY PVR POINTLESS.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The PVR still works just fine.

The alternate way of accessing it just doesnt.

the other ways, including doing it maunually on the box, still works.

JohhnyRockets

It is ridiculous Hiro11. Strangely, Rogers no longer seems to be commenting on this issue. Despite the message on the MyRogers page that the function is not available "right now", I would not be surprised at all if this is no longer a priority with Rogers. Everything today seems to "app oriented" so that those of us just using plain old computers seem to be falling by the wayside. 

Yes, it is still quite possible to program using the box itself, but from what I have read and experienced first hand, it is much easier to use the guide and search functions on-line as opposed to the box. Not sure why, but Rogers seems to be failing many customers on this one!

BH-TW
I Plan to Stick Around

Apps would be okay if a) they had apps that worked on all phones - they don't, only iOS and Android; b) they worked - some have complained previously in the thread that they don't work properly and c) everyone had a smart phone or tablet the apps worked on.

Wonder if they'll have apps for Windows 10 since in W-10 apps will work on the desktop?

Probably won't have this fixed before Windows 10 is released anyway   <sigh>

Hiro11
I Plan to Stick Around

I get that the PVR still works. It just doesn't have the functionality that it once had.

Alternative ways? Do you offer an app for the BlackBerry? No.

And doing it manually is very cumbersome and slow. Wouldn't that be backwards thinking? The management system that was available on my PC was easy to use and very effective to program my PVR for the week.

When I'm at my tv, i'd rather be watching it than sitting there programming it.

Hiro11
I Plan to Stick Around

JohnnyRockets, you are so right that it was easier to use online rather than manually.

I hope you are wrong that Rogers isn't viewing this as a high priority. I hope they resolve this soon.

Hiro11
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't know about the apps for phones (Not that they offer it for my BB) I prefer the online access as it was nice with a big screen to view multiple hours and channels at once.

I hope we don't have to wait till W10. This should have been fixed by now.

JohhnyRockets

You are exactly right Hiro11. Rogers keeps telling me that I can download an app for my non-Rogers Android phone. Smiley Wink What good is an app that does not work? As with you, even if the app worked, why would I want to use a 4.5" screen as opposed to a 17" screen? Judging by how long it has taken Rogers to fix other issues, there will be no quick fix for this one. This whole new MyRogers site is totally useless!

jays77

Saying that one can download an app really isn't much of an option if you don't have anything to download it to.  There are still some people that don't have ipads or  smart phones.  Strange as it may seem, some people don't even have cell phones.

JohhnyRockets

Exactly! Rogers seems to think that everyone should be using an app these days, even if the apps do not work. All I would like to see is two things. The first is that the ability to program my PVR be restored to MyRogers. The second is a comment from Rogers as to what is going on with this function!

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

@JohhnyRockets I totally agree. While being able to manage your PVR via a  smartphone app may be cute, in practice it may not be feasible on a postage stamp size screen. I even found it cumbersome on a full size computer screen when we had that ability. I think it's absolutely irresponsible for Rogers to have disabled this feature only to replace it with an app thst only works on some cellphones and tablets.