mute text being shown when watching cable

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmcsplaza
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: mute text being shown when watching cable

LOL, and now that I have re-read it I realise that's what you said.  That's good and glad you are OK.

All the best 😉

Peter
Toronto
Teo4
I Plan to Stick Around

You made the correct suggestion Peter:

@pmcsplaza wrote:

Well it stuck for me OK through any changes made afterwards and as this post was first made months ago I'm on a different box now so can't really help you.  Best contact Technical Support at Rogers.

But since we are solving it ourselves, as I said, the back of the remote itself had the instructions:

1) Turn device on

2) Press device key (TV, DVD etc..)

3) Press and hold setup (LED blinks twice)

4) Press 9-3-1 ...

Now after that, I still would get a volume control in the top right where the MUTE message had been. I looked all around and found the original instructions from when we bought the remote and section C Program Your Rogers Remote said in the section "set your Rogers remote to control the volume:"

1 press the CBL button

2 press and hold SETUP until the CBL button flashes twice

3 press 9 - 9 - 3, the CBL button flashes twice

4 press the TV button. The CBL button will blink twice to confirm a valid selection

5 check your changes.. test..

6 if you see the digital set top box volume bar instead of your tb volume bar you were not successful, repeat from step 1

That's PRETTY MUCH what it says, anyway I'm a happy camper now and so happy I wanted to share the tips!

Teo

dhorner1
I've Been Around

That worked! Thank you. I have been trying everything for over an hour and this worked!

doo1
I've Been Around

My mute issue was identical to yours- thanks so much for sharing your solution ( I do not want to know how you figured that out). It corrected the problem immediately. Merry Xmas-