moved 8642 to another outlet - spinning LED

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

moved 8642 to another outlet - spinning LED

Hello Community,

I moved my 8642 to another outlet.  Now it wont authenticate and the front LED continuously shows spinning.

There are not any splitters and the home is less than 2 years old.  Ive called tech support and they suggest trying a different cable.

I am willing to buy a new cable but does Rogers offer one to ensure a proper signal?  I dont want to call rogers for an in-house repair as that will trigger an expense.

I have other boxes and the signal is stable.  In fact the outlet that I moved it to was occupied by the free digital adapter just yesterday without any issues.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

EC

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: moved 8642 to another outlet - spinning LED

The DTA doesnt need a much of a signal..it can handle a lower signal and still be OK comparatively.

The cable, unless its a really old one.. etc.. if you are using the same one as say the other room, it should be fine.

ONLY thing i could say, is for whatever reason, the signal to that outlet, is poorer.

Having a tech out, to check signal, etc WILL NOT cost you anything, as long as there was nothing like self put in splitters (which you say there are none), etc that cuased it. 
I have had probably 20-30 tech visits over the years, and never once been charged.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ty GD... It try your advice.
I Plan to Stick Around

update: I left the box plugged with the LED spinning after tightening all coax connections.  Upon going to bed, I noticed no spinning led.  To my surprise, it turned on with a stable signal.  Since its now in the kiddie room, I listed the previous recordings on it and deleted any inappropriate content and turned it off with the remote.

I called my children into the room to give them the grilling of how to keep the room tidy now that it is working and to my surprise.....no signal again.

so finicky.

Tech should arrive this afternoon and I'll update for anyone reading this.

EC

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah..sounds like something may be flakey with the connection in that room..

May have FINALLY got far enough/good enough to finish... but then issues again.

Hopefully they can find out what it wrong.

I Plan to Stick Around

Solution,

The technician arrived on time and was very professional and worked well.

The ends of the coax from that arm of my circuit were comprised of those twist on ends....as opposed to compression fittings.

He cut them off and replaced them with compression fittings and presto...all good now.  He also re-used the old cable I was using in the room after the wall plate by clipping off the ends and replacing them with compression fittings as well.

Since the initiall  install was done by a Rogers Technician 3 years ago when the house was build....Im not sure why they used twist on on some legs and compression on others but......its all good now.

EC 

Now on PPV
BARE KNUCKLE FC 9: LOBOV VS. KNIGHT 2
LIVE: Saturday, November 16, 2019 9PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $39.99 (HD) | $39.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $39.99
DTV & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship returns with BKFC 9, featuring the rematch of April’s “The Fight of the Year” between former UFC star Artem Lobov and Jason Knight.

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation