cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moto x kit kat

jasonnexuss
I Plan to Stick Around

It is somewhat irritating that rogers does not have an eta for kit Kat to roll put on the moto x. Come on rogers! Make it happen at least before Christmas!

 

***edited labels***

77 REPLIES 77

Re: moto x kit kat


@thegrommit wrote:

My understanding was that doing this would result in the loss of LTE-Max as the US carriers don't run LTE Band 7 (2600MHz).  Can you confirm?

 

If Band 7 support is retained, I'd be very tempted to give up the warranty, despite having paid over the odds for it.


It doesn't make sense to me that they would add any restrictions since it would depend entirely on the radio and what bands are supported by the carriers. On the phone I can see LTE is enabled and speeds tests give good results (40 down/ 3 up) but I can't think of a way to confirm that it is on band 7. I stumbled across this thread on XDA though

 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2523152

 

The same model Moto X from AT&T was running LTE in Brazil which only uses band 7 so they were able to confirm it was working that way. I can only infer since that the developer edition firmware is made for AT&T that it should also have the same LTE support

 

Re: moto x kit kat

thegrommit
I Plan to Stick Around

@Recca168 wrote:

@thegrommit wrote:

My understanding was that doing this would result in the loss of LTE-Max as the US carriers don't run LTE Band 7 (2600MHz).  Can you confirm?

 

If Band 7 support is retained, I'd be very tempted to give up the warranty, despite having paid over the odds for it.


It doesn't make sense to me that they would add any restrictions since it would depend entirely on the radio and what bands are supported by the carriers. On the phone I can see LTE is enabled and speeds tests give good results (40 down/ 3 up) but I can't think of a way to confirm that it is on band 7. I stumbled across this thread on XDA though

 

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2523152

 

The same model Moto X from AT&T was running LTE in Brazil which only uses band 7 so they were able to confirm it was working that way. I can only infer since that the developer edition firmware is made for AT&T that it should also have the same LTE support

 


Yeah, someone else said they had to flash the Brazilian radio to get Band 7, though I've no idea how he confirmed that it wasn't just Band 4.  Though looking at the chart on that page, it appears they'd lose Band 1 support.

-- My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle --

Re: moto x kit kat


thegrommit wrote:

 

 Yeah, someone else said they had to flash the Brazilian radio to get Band 7, though I've no idea how he confirmed that it wasn't just Band 4.  Though looking at the chart on that page, it appears they'd lose Band 1 support.


 

Scratch what I said eariler about band 7. I'm in Calgary and from the coverage map, band 7 isn't availble here. Should have looked at that first. I can blame rogers for that one 😛 Guess I'm too much of a redneck for LTE Max

Re: moto x kit kat

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Recca168

LTE Maxx will be coming down there soon from what i have heard. I do come to Calgary often

Re: moto x kit kat

thegrommit
I Plan to Stick Around

@Recca168 wrote:

@thegrommit wrote:

 

 Yeah, someone else said they had to flash the Brazilian radio to get Band 7, though I've no idea how he confirmed that it wasn't just Band 4.  Though looking at the chart on that page, it appears they'd lose Band 1 support.


 

Scratch what I said eariler about band 7. I'm in Calgary and from the coverage map, band 7 isn't availble here. Should have looked at that first. I can blame rogers for that one 😛 Guess I'm too much of a redneck for LTE Max


Yeah, this is what's annoying about the current situation.  We paid good money for these devices, but any workaround results in lost functionality in addition to the warranty.

 

I've got the additional complication of not being allowed to use the phone for work email if I've unlocked the bootloader or rooted it.

-- My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle --

Re: moto x kit kat

boxof
I'm Here A Lot

+1 for all those wanting to see Rogers pull their finger out on the KitKat update.

Re: moto x kit kat

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello boxof

+1. I would love to see this update get released to us. Many are waiting for it.

Re: moto x kit kat

breh
I'm Here A Lot

It's a good thing you can unlock the bootloader on this thing and easily flash the developer edition 4.4 ROM. I've learned my lesson with this experience and won't be getting another Rogers branded device in the future.

Re: moto x kit kat


@Meowmix wrote:
Hello Recca168

LTE Maxx will be coming down there soon from what i have heard. I do come to Calgary often

Care to elorbarate? "Soon" is a very aggravating term for things like this

Re: moto x kit kat

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello Recca168

While i was in Calgary, i saw 2 commercials saying." LTE MAXX coming soon " this was done by Rogers. Also a few reports months ago said the same

Re: moto x kit kat

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello breh

That is correct. I'd best to do that if you know what your doing

Re: moto x kit kat

AnonymousUser
I'm a Trusted Contributor

When were you in Calgary because Rogers doesn't use LTE Max anymore in their marketing, so I'd be suprised you saw any sort of advertising for it.

Re: moto x kit kat

Mobilesyrup is saying that Rogers & Fido are rolling out 4.4.2 this week.  Does anyone actually have it?

Re: moto x kit kat

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello AnonymousUser

Was down there during December. It was on Channel 22. They could babe aired it wrong but i do remember it. Either way tho. You are correct. Here in Toronto i haven't seen any commercial or anything them saying LTE Maxx

Re: moto x kit kat

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello boxof


This week means any time. Hopefully it does come out tho this week. I haven't heard anyone getting it yet

Re: moto x kit kat

boxof
I'm Here A Lot

Mobilesyrup say that a few  Fido users have received it - including a screenshot.  Hopefully some actual owners of the X will pipe up.

Re: moto x kit kat

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello boxof

By the looks of it, it seems no one on Rogers has received it yet. Could be it that only find released it first OR Rogers will follow in s couple of hours / days. We have until Sunday to know.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/01/28/rogers-and-fido-moto-x-owners-now-receiving-os-4-4-2-kitkat-update...

Re: moto x kit kat

2fic
I've Been Here Awhile
Software updating in processus.

Re: moto x kit kat

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello 2fic


That is correct. Some Rogers users if not most are getting the OTA on their Moto X for kit kat. Its finally out!! Enjoy!



Btw some sad news about Motorola. Toda Motorola mobility and everything with Motorola was sold to Lenovo. Google sold them to Lenovo.

Re: moto x kit kat

2fic
I've Been Here Awhile
Love love the new circle drag for focus on the camera!

The bigger notification font and the transparency making the screen look a litle bigger !

Re: moto x kit kat

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello 2fic


Glad you like it! So far people i know that have the update haven't been upset or seen any issues. Will report tho if i hear anything!
We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats