moto x kit kat

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt87n
I've Been Around

Re: moto x kit kat

Rogers please update the moto x!!!!!!!
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello matt87n

I am hoping the update comes soon as well.
jasonnexuss
I Plan to Stick Around

... Mid January and still no kit Kat. As a customer, how do I better express my dissatisfaction with my carrier?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jasonnexuss

There isn't much you can do but calling them and speaking to a manager or. Rogers retentions. They won't make the update come out faster but they pay offer you something like a discount or something.
AnonymousUser
I'm a Senior Contributor

They won't offer a discount here since they never put a timeline on this.
Anyway, how do you know the problem here isn't Motorola Canada? Just because the update came out in the US doesn't mean it's going to be the same here. Motorola Canada didn't want to bring moto maker here so why would they also follow the same timelines for updates as the US.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello AnonymousUser

If you call them and tell them how dissatisfied you are with their service and lack of support and speak to retentions or a manager, you may get a discount or something. Many have done this and so have i.

Motorola Canada while use is different then the Motorola US they still should provide the update no matter what. It seems the carriers aka Rogers is controlling Motorola to update the Moto X whenever they want. I really doubt Motorola Canada is taking their time to send out the update to Rogers.. Remember Rogers is the ONLY carrier in Canada that has the Moto X. It shouldn't take this long for a update or at least a word. The least they could do is say something and even Rogers should too. At least one word would be enough 

Both Motorola Canada and Rogers didn't bring the Moto maker in Canada. Its both the carrier and manufacture that make that decision. I doubt Motorola Canada decided that they won't bring it to Canada.  Rogers and the other carriers in Canada are known to do this.  

I do agree with u tho. 

denenatse
I've Been Here Awhile

ll this jibber jabber and still no update. I like how this thread has a Solution, yet it brings me to more flapping.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello denenatse

The solution was done by another user i am guessing by accident. The only ones that can remove the solution sign is the Rogers mods or that user that did it.

Nexusfiend
I've Been Around

I for one can tell you that I'll never buy on contract again. Obvioulsly a small portion of Rogers Android community are upset about this because if the majority of users wanted 4.4 NOW I bet there would be a different response from Rogers. The fact that Rogers is the only carrier offering the Moto X makes this situation that much worse. I have heard that Rogers has the update and that it's not being given attention, that it's not a priority; I don't want to believe this but what other reason is there? Testing to ensure 4.4 works with Rogers network? AT&T has rolled it out and when I flash devices that carrier is compatible with Rogers so I feel even more like we're getting stalled for no good reason. When Motorola a Google company promises prompt updates to Android for the Moto X why is Rogers THE ONLY carrier in north America not to deliver? Very poor form from one of Canada's largers wireless providers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Nexusfiend

Since many are not tech savvy & do not realize how updates work with the carrier i will explain a bit. When the manufacture gives the update to Rogers or any carrier for that matter, the carrier will test it. If it has issues with the network, the carrier then will give back the update to Motorola & they will need to make the adjustments to make sure the update works fine. When That is all done & Rogers receives the update, they will test it too make sure once again that it will work on the network. This can take weeks if not months DEPENDING like you said if Rogers is taking their time releasing it to us. Now saying this i am not defending Rogers, but this is the process all carriers take when having the update in their hands.

Like you said. Motorola is a Google company now in which promises prompt updates. This does NOT mean tho the carriers made this promise. The promise was made by Motorola. They never did say Rogers will release it in a prompt way lets say. Either way Rogers i know for sure has the update in their hands & it seems they are taking their time to release it. If Rogers does not have it lets say & motorola has not released it yet to Rogers, its a shame that Motorola is doing this.

I really hope within the next couple of weeks / days they release the update.