moto x kit kat

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasonnexuss
I Plan to Stick Around

moto x kit kat

It is somewhat irritating that rogers does not have an eta for kit Kat to roll put on the moto x. Come on rogers! Make it happen at least before Christmas!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: moto x kit kat

Hello jasonnexuss

At this moment,  there is no word in when Rogers and Motorola Canada will be releasing it for the Motorola X. Hopefully it will be soon. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jasonnexuss

At this moment,  there is no word in when Rogers and Motorola Canada will be releasing it for the Motorola X. Hopefully it will be soon. 

View solution in original post

celmsley
I've Been Here Awhile

All the American carriers have done it. What is delaying Rogers?
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello celmsley

It all depends on when Motorola Canada gives the update to Rogers. After that, Rogers does tests to see if its okay with their networks and they add their bloatware and test it again. Its known all Canadian carriers take a few weeks if not months to release a update.

Sadly you won't get a answer from Rogers here or anywhere about why its not here yet.
thegrommit
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello celmsley

It all depends on when Motorola Canada gives the update to Rogers. After that, Rogers does tests to see if its okay with their networks and they add their bloatware and test it again. Its known all Canadian carriers take a few weeks if not months to release a update.

Sadly you won't get a answer from Rogers here or anywhere about why its not here yet.

Um, if you owned a Rogers Moto X, you'd know that the only bloatware were three shortcuts on the home screen.  No actual apps were pre-installed.

Having said that, while I appreciate the additional time to allow the early bugs to be squashed, it's been over three weeks since KitKat began rolling out in the US.  An ETA would be nice.

-- My days of not taking you seriously have come to a middle --
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello thegrommit

Actually i did own one when it first came out. . Rogers bloatware is in the phone. Thanks for assuming tho! Rogers bloatware is in the phone Sadly. Its deep into the system. How do u think Rogers takes time to out their stuff in.. Bloatware doesn't mean Rogers apps. Rogers bloatware is more then apps. Sadly not many known this and just assume.

There isn't a ETA unless Rogers for sure knows It will release it. They do have a OS upgrade schedule page which they post info on updates on devices but this one is not on it. Only the HTC One is. Until then, there is no given ETA.

Motorola said the update will come within weeks.  Now weeks can be 3-5 or more at most.  Also on XDA if u want to root,  u can use the T-Mobile version if u unlocked the bootloader. 

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/11/01/motorola-promises-moto-x-will-receive-android-4-4-kitkat/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2540770

thegrommit
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:

Hello thegrommit

Actually i did own one when it first came out. . Rogers bloatware is in the phone. Thanks for assuming tho! Rogers bloatware is in the phone Sadly. Its deep into the system. How do u think Rogers takes time to out their stuff in.. Bloatware doesn't mean Rogers apps. Rogers bloatware is more then apps. Sadly not many known this and just assume.
[/quote]

Please provide evidence to support this claim.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello thegrommit

While Bloatware is mostly carrier applications,  there is a bit more.  Research needs to be done to know this.  I will list below some but there is more.  

Carrier Bloatware is the following 

- Carrier Boot screen 

- Carrier Applications

- Unwanted things baked in the OS by the Manufacturer and or the carriers. ( Again this is some devices) 

- Carriers add and test the OS to make sure it works perfectly fine.  If it does not,  they edit it and make it work which takes time

- Carrier branding on device and on the software ( Boot screens and other) 

That is a list from the top of my head.  Again Bloatware is mostly apps but again its almost other little things. 

thegrommit
I Plan to Stick Around

You clearly haven't owned a Rogers Moto X.  There is no carrier boot screen.  There are no carrier applications.  There are not "Rogers" branded services running.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello thegrommit

If you read my above post, u will see i put ( On some devices). I did not specify which device in that post. Actually i have tried and owned the Motorola X so please do not come in here and assume what me or others have owned. I still have the bill of purchase in my hands from the Rogers store in Scarborough which i bought it from.