many phone get 4.0 from rogers but wheres galxy nexus 4.1

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

many phone get 4.0 from rogers but wheres galxy nexus 4.1

Is rogers testing 4.1 yet galaxy nexus and s2 s3 users want the update

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: many phone get 4.0 from rogers but wheres galxy nexus 4.1

SonyBoyj. Please read the other threads before posting. There is about at least 10+ threads just about this update.

Each thread many have said Samsung is the reason WHY the Galaxy Nexus has not gotten 4.1 yet. The whole Nexus like is not updated by Rogers, it is straight from Samsung / Google. Contact them if you have any questions about the update. Please also read the threads & use the Search bar instead of making a new post..

The S2 & S3 users will have to wait seeing as Samsung just released the update 2 days ago. I am sure know Rogers & how late they are on updates. WE have to wait for the update unless you want to root & add a custom 4.1 ROM on your device. Once Rogers gets the 4.1 update for the S2 / S3, they will need to test it & make sure it works on ALL the networks Rogers has & also add their bloatware & test it again to make sure it works. Once its all done they will final it & release it. This may takes weeks up to a few months. Rogers will not comment or give you any other info..

I'm an Enthusiast

Google does not update Canadian nexus phone I called Samsung like 5 times they say rogers is in charge I call rogers many times about update they play dumb we don't know we have to test it how long does it take to test so many people would not have the question if they them self would just state it
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You seem NOT to understand it. When the Nexus line came out, the updates come straight from Samsung. This is a pure Google device in which carriers are not allowed to touch the update. This has been said many times and many have had recorded convos and emails saying its Samsung. The carriers have NOTHING to do with the updates on the Nexus line. Bell, Telus, Fido, Virgin and the rest are still on 4.0.1, 4.0.2 on the Galaxy Nexus.  Rogers is not at fault here & it should not be blamed at all. Samsung should be blamed. In the states, Samsung already updated the phones. Samsung Canada is failing behind & blames the carriers. Remember tho, the updates need to make sure they work on the carriers network & not have issues.

Some Reps over at Samsung will say its the carrier because either they do NOT know the info or just dont wanna give it ou. This does happen but Samsung did state that carriers do NOT control the updates, that is why the update come OTA

The Samsung Galaxy S3 will be updated when the carrier pushes out the update. None of the Canadian carriers have pushed out the 4.1 JB for the S3 so we just need to sit back & wait. I am sure you can use Google & see on XDA how to out the Google factory JB image & update the Galaxy Nexus to JB. Just use Google & you will find out.

I'm an Enthusiast

OK sorry did not mean to put rogers down there the best and I tell everyone that just weird why they say they have to test the update when they don't deal with it and Samsung say update is delayed or its rogers and they gave Roger the update its up to them to release it.has Samsung even ever send a update out
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Rogers has NOTHING to do with the updates. Please understand that. Samsung is in control of the update and they are the ones that make thr decision if they want to update the phone or not. Samsung is the one that tests the updates, not the carriers. If the carrier asks to test the update, that is when the carrier will take over.

What Samsung said is wrong. Like i said many times is that Samsung is the one updating the Galaxy Nexus, not Rogers.. Reps over at Samsung like i said, say that its Rogers because they do not want to give out the info. Samsung in the states has released the updates BUT Samsung Canada is failing to update the Galaxy Nexus on all the Canadian carriers.
I've Been Here Awhile

Actually the lack of updates is caused by both Samsung and Rogers.  Rogers because they don't want to sell us 'unlocked' GNex phones and Samsung because they won't hurry up and make a locked version of 4.1.  You can manually force your locked 4.02 Galazy Nexus to version 4.04 (unlocked and pure google) using instructions you can find online which will then have all of its updates handled by google leaving out samsung and rogers completely.

I am now rocking an unlocked Galaxy Nexus with Jelly Bean and it's amazing.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Actually the Galaxy Nexus is Sim unlocked if you are talking about that. Every Nexus phone is sim unlocked...  Now if you mean Locked bootloader that is a different story seeing as we can not say it was Rogers or Samsung. We will never know.

It seems you know nothing about the topic. Rogers has NOTHING to do with the Nexus updates just like the rest of the carriers. Why are you guys not asking why Bell / Telus / Fido / Virgin / mobilicity & the rest have not released 4.1 for Galaxy Nexus yet? Think about it before making it seem like Rogers is at fault. Samsung Canada is the one that is dealing with it

If you want you can always add the JB on your phone, there is may threads about it on XDA on how to do it. Remember tho, if anything happens to the phone while doing this, Rogers nor Samsung will be replacing it or fixing it.

I'm an Enthusiast

Galaxy nexus 4.0.2 update now out where 4.1 google

So I found a update yay and nay its a update but where's jellybean
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Galaxy nexus 4.0.2 update now out where 4.1 google

I know, I tried it this morning and i also got 4.0.2. I wish we at least had 4.0.4 but 4.1 would even better. Rogers doesn't have any bloatware on the nexus so i don't know why they take so long. I wonder if Telus or Bell are faster to update.