lollipop for s5 active

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: lollipop for s5 active

Hello @Norm1974

Unfortunately I wish i could bring u better news. Hopefully the update comes soon!
Halflife84
I've Been Here Awhile

So I follow the OS update page and saw that the Galaxy S5 Active now should be 5.0 and mine seemingly refuses to update.

So Where is this update? Why tell me on the OS upgrade that it is out, yet it is not.

I'm more upset that the update says it's out.....remove it from the list and change it back to coming soon then. It's infuriating to see it say I can have the update and then not be able to get it.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Halflife84

Weird my coworkers S5 Active had the 5.0 update with Rogers. Maybe u need to do a factory reset on the device to see if that will bring it? Did you also check Samsung Kies?
Halflife84
I've Been Here Awhile

Weird, I still don't have the update. I check it daily and I've reformatted/restarted the phone recently and Samsung Kies doesn't do it either.

I have taken it into my local Rogers Wireless and they have hooked it up to thier computer to test it and even thier computer checks and says 4.4.2 is the latest update available.

So, seriously....what is going on?

Does Vancouver Island not have the update yet due to some wierd reason?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Halflife84

Hmm that's makes no sense. Have you tried contacting Samsung tech support or Rogers tech support to see if they can push it out to u?
Halflife84
I've Been Here Awhile

here I am still sitting with Android 4.2.2

Now I'm just giving up and waiting for someone to offer me the S7 for $0, first company to do so will win my business.

Rogers offered me barely any loyalty, even after 14 years with them.

All I want is a S7, and they can't deliver for less than $300 it seems. Bell had it at $24.99 for a while in BC (where I am).

So the second it drops again, - I'll take it - if Rogers wants to read this and offer it to me, they will please a long long time customer who now works for Bell and could get a 30% discount at Bell. All I want is a S7...specially since I've had major issues with getting any updates.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Halflife84

Rogers has posted that the S5 active should be getting OS 6.0 " Coming Soon" which should be getting security updates and other little fun stuff plus fixes. Hopefully it comes out soon!