lollipop for s5 active

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Norm1974
I'm Here A Lot

lollipop for s5 active

• I was speaking with an MTS customer in Manitoba who had the update and the only issue he had was the color of the theme which he could not change. There are apps I want to update that requires android 5.0. I'll be patient but it's getting to a point that I want to switch carriers. It would be nice to get any indication of a date for roll outs.

***Edited Labels***

RogersMaude

Re: lollipop for s5 active

Good day @Norm1974 ,

Welcome to the Forums and Thank you for your contribution! I am truly sorry for the late reply Smiley Embarassed

I understand that it is disappointing to hear that other carriers are launching an update for the device you are using. Unfortunately, we have not updated the OS Upgrade page with any information pertaining to the Android Lollipop for Samsung Galaxy S5 Active because it has not yet been confirmed on our end.

We would not want you to change service provider for that particular reason. We are doing everything we can to make Lollipop available for the S5 Active as soon as possible!

Keep an eye on the OS Upgrades Schedule as we will update it as soon as the information is available/confirmed.

Stay tuned - it is Coming Soon!

RogersMaude

Norm1974
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks for the response, I'll be patient. One of those days and remembered why I switched to rogers in the first place. I hope it's soon, can't wait to expand my music apps for Android.
Norm1974
I'm Here A Lot

Checked the os update page...no more "coming soon" ,assuming no update pending. Outdated machine, even s4 got the update. getting ready to visit the store to explore my options. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Norm1974

It all depends. At the moment there is no other information available. We will just have to wait and see.
jmarkel
I've Been Around

I noticed the same thing today. My question would be whether Rogers actually intends to offer Lollipop for the S5 active or not.

It would be disappointing if my six month old phone was not deemed worthy of the upgrade...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jmarkel

At this point there isn't any information on when it will be released. For sure Rogers will be they could have taken it down down due to some problems going on.
slashkyle
I've Been Around

As a paying customer who's locked into a contract with rogers... I would say they need to do something about this, all the other devices have been upgraded to lolipop and other carriers are even upgrading the S5 active.

The update has now been removed from the coming soon waiting list, an official statement on when we're going to be actually getting this new update from rogers is neccesary.

This entire process has me deeply thinking about never signing a contract with rogers again, why should they hold updates from us and then not even provide a reasonable answer as to why.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @slashkyle

I understand what your saying but can u name a Canadian not American carrier that has released the update for this specific device? Canadian carrier.. The pull may have been Samsungs choice. U cant really blame the carrier without any proof or anything. It seems many do that without thinking. Many things play in this roll and without knowing, u can't put the blame on anyone. Hopefully we get a update from Rogers or Samsung
Norm1974
I'm Here A Lot

I'm a little disappointed in the update, oh well! I can't get a definitive response from anyone regarding the udpate.  I'll just wait and see, I'm satisfied overall with Rogers, I'm just not happy that I can't upgrade to apps and peripherals that use Lollipop 5.  No sense in getting all worked up about this anymore, I'll be patient.  Hopefully we get answers soon.