cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locating phone modem

ldb
I've Been Around

This is stupid, but I have cancelled my home phone with Rogers,. they told me I had to rturn the "phone modem". I have no clue where it is. checked my basemnet of coarse (the obvious) and the only piece of Rogers equipment I can find is the box that I thought was responsible for all my products, i.e, cable internet and phone? Help !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: locating phone modem

Frazzled
I'm a Reliable Contributor

There should be a separate modem or box for each product - TV, Internet, and Home Phone. Not sure if it is the same for you, but our home phone modem was installed near our circuit breaker box where the main cable comes into the house. It is a Webstar modem and has nothing to do with TV or Internet. 

Updated Solution: Generally the modem for the home phone can be either the Webstar-Scientific Atlantic or the Arris model but the best way to identify the modem will be the LED lights on the front of it. The lights listed will be PWR-DS-US-ONLINE-TEL1-TEL2-BATTERY-LINK.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Frazzled
I'm a Reliable Contributor

There should be a separate modem or box for each product - TV, Internet, and Home Phone. Not sure if it is the same for you, but our home phone modem was installed near our circuit breaker box where the main cable comes into the house. It is a Webstar modem and has nothing to do with TV or Internet. 

Updated Solution: Generally the modem for the home phone can be either the Webstar-Scientific Atlantic or the Arris model but the best way to identify the modem will be the LED lights on the front of it. The lights listed will be PWR-DS-US-ONLINE-TEL1-TEL2-BATTERY-LINK.

There are two phone modems actually i beleive 🙂

Webstar is the most common one now, but there is an older one as well.

As Frazzled said, this device is completely seperate from all the others.

Your internet modem, maybe located somewhere near a desk/pc, etc.  But as frazzled said, the phone one, USUALLY is located near your electrical pannel or wherever the lines come INTO the house.  They will often be plugged in there, a coax tv cable line into them, and then a phone line out of them, usualy into the splitter or box, which feeds the rest of your house.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation