cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

laptop will not recognize my wifi after I power down each night

harley1dr
I'm Here A Lot

I recently upgraded to Rogers 100u internet.

I picked up a new modem, installed it without problem on my lenovo ideapad.  I changed the wifi name but kept the same password as I've always used. It worked great and I set-up my samsung tablet, xbox 360 and Samsumng Smart TV with the new wifi connection and password.

I power down my laptop each night and then when I power it up in the morning it won't recognize my new wifi signal (I can see my neighbours signasl no problem).  My other devices (tablet, xbox, smart tv) have no problems connecting the next day but my lenovo laptop does. 

To resolve I reinstall with the usb key each morning.  I've called Rogers Tech Support twice with no success and swapped the modem for a new one.  Same problem.

Any ideas?

23 REPLIES 23

Re: laptop will not recognize my wifi after I power down each night

TimmyG73
I've Been Here Awhile
I see that Canada Computers listed the Asus adapted for $106. I'll investigate. Thanks!

TimmyG73
I've Been Here Awhile

Up and running with the ASUS USB-AC56. Set up in cradle for now as it looks a little heavy for direct install into laptop USB without a shim!

Thanks again for all your help.

Cheers,

Tim

If you're using the 5 Ghz networks, select channel number 149 or higher as those channels have a higher allowable power output, and as a result, better signal levels, signal to noise ratios at both ends and higher data rates as a result.  You can use inSSIDer to determine which channels are free for use:

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html