key board on jelly bean update htc one x

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

key board on jelly bean update htc one x

I just received the jelly bean update on my htc one x and the key board is messed up making it impossible to write texts,email, do searches and basically anything that has to do with the keyboard I even reset it to factory settings and its still screwed wow updates are supposed to be better not worse

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: key board on jelly bean update htc one x

Haven't heard of any complaints from anyone yet.

What sort of issue are you experiencing with the keyboard?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello fraz82

I have not heard anyone else complaining about the keyboard yet. Try using Swiftkey keyboard or a third party keybaord app. They work better then the built in keyboard.

Also what problems are you having with the keyboard?

I've Been Here Awhile

I have the same problem, its like a bunch of random character symbols in place of the letters. Like when you have VGA problems on your computer showing random artifacts.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Seeing as a factory reset has been done & that does not help it. I would suggest downloading a free 3rd party keyboard like Swift Keyboard & that will work great.

The problem is that Rogers takes so long to bring us update BUT never actually do anything. The updates have issues & bugs. I wonder who works at the developers team for the updates...

I'm Here A Lot

Ya ill try that I guess hopefully that works thx

I'm a Trusted Advisor

You are welcome. Here try Swift Keyboard Flow. Its in Beta version BUT its amazing!.

http://www.swiftkey.net/flow/

I Plan to Stick Around

I have been able to fix the keyboard issue.

i cleared the cache for all my apps, and then rebooted (just power off-on)

Now the stock keyboard is back to normal 😄

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Shanxk8

That is good news!. You see, Google or Rogers should have been able to say something like this.. Anyways thank you for that:).
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

There is a known problem with the keyboard since the jb update for the one x. I would follow shank advice, and if that doesn't work download SwiftKey off the play store.