jellybean is here for galaxy nexus heres a the method to get it

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

jellybean is here for galaxy nexus heres a the method to get it

I had to do this about 5 times its not my method

Yukiko
8 hrs, 5 mins ago
I’m in Calgary on fido and I just got the update but I force updated it except I did it a little differently.

I did what previous posts were saying, forwarding it to a different date and clearing framework and everything but then I did something different here are the steps.

1. Forwarded date to December 31st 2012

2. Went to settings, apps, all apps, scrolled down to Google services framework, cleared data then force stopped it.

3. Went to home then to the dailer and then put in *#*#2432546#*#*

4. This should disappear and then a notification will pop up in the notification bar saying “checkin succeeded”

5. Hit home then go to settings and scroll down to about phone and hit system updates and the update should be installing itself!

This worked for me on the first try, I remember a few months ago there was a video on YouTube and a couple of forums on this method.

I do not know if you have to do it a few times before it works, nor do I know if it will work at all for you! So use at own leisure!

I really hope this helped some people! Good luck with getting the update and I hope everyone can soon enjoy the buttery and smooth experience of jelly Bean!

Original post
http://mobilesyrup.com/2012/09/12/galaxy-nexus-users-reporting-os-4-1-jelly-bean-update-is-now-avail...

Make sure to thank the person for this enjoy

****Edited Labels****

I'm an Enthusiast

Re: jellybean is here for galaxy nexus heres a the method to get it

To change date go to setting date and time uncheck the to boxes then manually set
I Plan to Stick Around

Tried this on a friend's Fido GNex but didn't get an update.  Two days later he got the update notification without having to do anything.   So, looks like Samsung is gradually rolling out JB and hopefully everyone with a GNex in Canada will get it eventually.

I'm an Enthusiast

Ya slowly I guess I got mine like 3 weeks ago did he get his yet I did the method thats how I got mine