ipv6 - Tunnel Broker & PPTP Protocol

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rogers Employee damir
Rogers Employee

ipv6 - Tunnel Broker & PPTP Protocol

Hello guys,

(moderators - i did some re-search, but i wasn't able to find existing thread with info about this).

anyway, couple days ago, my  Cable service was installed with Hitron CGN3 modem.

I've tried Roger's 6rd , but, for some reason everything was slow \ times outs with speed tests output at around 6-7 mbit.

(Spoke to some guys using Roger's 6rd - they confirmed the same outputs).

I've tried setting up tunnel with HE.net (different Endpoints), everything works well, expect  i am not able to get more then 25 mbit down on multiple servers i've tried.

(Spoke to other guys @ DSLr - and they confirmed the same behaviour).

I have couple of different pptp servers (different locations) and i am unable to hit more then 25 mbit down with any of them? ( some of them are dedicated gbit servers - and i know that there is plenty of available bandwidth - so, this is not the issue).

Is there any Limitation for ipv6 & pptp protocols @ Rogers - or something is going on with CGN3?

Did somebody else expirience issues like this?

I tried CGN3 in Bridge and Gateway mode (After factory reset) same outputs.

Please advise,

damir

***edited labels***

Rogers Employee damir
Rogers Employee

Re: ipv6 - Tunnel Broker & PPTP Protocol

Just to add, before Rogers, i was with Start (TPIA) & DCM476 modem, i was getting full speeds (ipv6 (6rd & tunnel's) at the time, with exactly same setup.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I did some quick searching and came across a couple references about IPV6 tunnelling, specifically on the MTU size.  Have you tried experimenting with different MTU sizes to see if possibly the CGN3 or Rogers requires a smaller MTU in order for tunnelling to work?

FWIW, here is an archived page for IPV6 that isn't available within Rogers anymore for some reason:

http://archive.today/B80Iw

Rogers Employee damir
Rogers Employee

Yes sir.

1280, 1480, 1500, same outputs.

Weird stuff is that, both ipv6 and pptp are getting the same speed test speeds, something doesn't look right for me.

I hope someone from Rogers will respond here about this as well, and confirm if Roger is limiting these protocols.

Thanks,

damir

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, this is a user to user forum and only really moderated by Rogers, and not VERy often will comment 😞

Rogers Employee damir
Rogers Employee

://

Hopefully somebody else will respond to this then, i am sure there are tons of people doing what i am doing (and maybe having the same issues).

Thanks

Rogers Employee damir
Rogers Employee

Nobody is using VPN with Rogers?:) (at least - i understand about ipv6 - that, many people don't use it yet, but, VPN (pptp) - c mon, don't be shy guys, talk to me 😛 )

Thanks