iphone 5 3G network

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

iphone 5 3G network

How much does it cost to get the 3G plan onto my iphone? 

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: iphone 5 3G network

THat i know of, there is no different plans, 3g vs LTE.

Pretty much comes down to..if you have a phone that supports LTE speeds, and are in an LTE area, you will get the higher speeds, no difference in plan prices.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Malaks

You will need to get a data plan which allows you to get internet on your phone. The iPhone 5 has 3G & LTE. So if you want to use LTE, you will need a LTE data plan &  a LTE nano card. The data plans range from $25-$90 depending which data plan you want.You can see the data plans here

http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=WLRS_Plans

I Plan to Stick Around

Some how i only get 3G only on my iPhone 5 and im in LTE area.Bought this phone from US

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The phone itself should not be locked down, even if from the us.
You are using an LTE SIM card in it?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Vietjr

You will need a Rogers LTE nano sim card. If you already do have this, you will need to go into Settings & turn on LTE.
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers rep said because Verizon iPhone 5 hardware does not compatible with Rogers LTE network.

And yes im using Rogers LTE sim card and my data plan has LTE ready.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Vietjr

That is correct. The Verizon iPhone 5 is not compatible with the Rogers LTE network. You will only be able to use EDGE and 3G.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello Vietjr

That is correct. The Verizon iPhone 5 is not compatible with the Rogers LTE network. You will only be able to use EDGE and 3G.

Verisons using a different freqency band for LTE?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GDkitty

That is correct. The iPhone 5 model A1428 which supports LTE Band 17 (700 MHz). Rogers is explicitly listed there as one of the supported LTE networks. If you want to get an unlocked Verizon iPhone 5 (model A1429 CDMA), you won't be able to use LTE on the Rogers network. You'd be better off getting the unlocked AT&T version
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation