iphone 4s - Reserved iphone is locked to ATT

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

iphone 4s - Reserved iphone is locked to ATT

I finally get my iphone 4s shipped. I was #145 for a black iphone 4s 16 gb. Reserved early on Oct 7. It shipped today. The store rep opens it up and inside is my iphone 4s. Unfortunately it has an ATT sim card and it is locked to ATT. No problem I will get the store to order a new one or send to Apple to replace. No such luck. The store says it is not their problem and since it is an ATT phone they can not replace or repair it. It must sent back to Rogers head office. He can do nothing else for me. He tells me I must take it up with customer services. He telephones them from the store.

Customer serv ice rep #1 - states nothing that they can do as it is a technical problem and connects me to technical services. Techncal service rep states the phone cannot be fixed and cannot understand why I was referred to him. It must be returned to Rogers. He sends me back to customer service

Customer service rep #2 - states nothing they can do. This is the reservation system. If I want an iphone then I would need to cancel my current order and go back and reserve another. They have no access to the reservation system and cannot get me one and ship it to me. They do not care about the fact that I already resrved one and waited.This is my problem as the customer. I must start all over again. It must be may fault as everyone at Rogers keep blaming it on me. Manager is next. Nothing can be done. It is my problem or the store's problem but it is not customer services problem. I will need to complain to online services as I reserved the phone online. Neither the store or customer services can cancel my order. I cannot even try and reserve another iphone at this time.

OnLine live technical support - no go from them. Not their problem. Too bad but it is the customer fault for shipping themseives an ATT iphone 4s.

What a bad compny!!

******* Edit labels ********

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: iphone 4s - Reserved iphone is locked to ATT

Wow that sucks.  I've been hearing so many horror stories about people all excited that the phone is available and going to the store only to have ROgers send it someone else, or it's not there, or it disappeared, or they sold it to someone else by mistake.  I know people make mistakes and so do companies but not once did I hear the story end with Rogers helping them in any way.  They always blame the customer. 

I once suspended my phone indefinately and they decided to activate it one month after (I was in China for three months) and came back to find out they were charging me and then they blamed me saying I reactivated when I was in China back packing with no way of even calling them. So somehow in the middle of nowhere I decided to call Rogers to pay huge long distance fees and activate a phone I wasn't even using.  Yup...all my fault.

It will probably be faster for you to just walk in a store and buy it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Cxxx joined the incident.

Cxxx says: Hi, my name is Cxxx. Welcome to Rogers Customer Care Live Support. How may I help you?

MG says: I reserved a iphone 4s and it was shipped to the Rogers Plus near home today. The iphone was registered to the ATT network and contained an ATT sim. The store and customer service told me that there is nothing that can be done and that it is my problem. I am out an iphone 4s. How can that be my problem? I was told that this was reserved online and needed to talk to you about it,

Cxxx says: Did you preorder it through our website?

MG says: yes

Cxxx says: the store should be able to refund that for you anyway though, as that is a fairly odd situation to happen, since our phones have our logo stamped on them

MG says: I want an iphone 4s not a refund. I reserved in good faith. Rogers screwed up and I am left with nothing. No one is taking responsibility at Rogers for this situation - odd or not.

Cxxx says: This would unfortunately be a store issue, however, as the website essentially just communicates to the store to reserve a certain amount of their stock, which means there was an issue with the stock they received

MG says: Sorry the store says no it is not their problem. I spoke with the manager there. He is only willing to send it back to Rogers. Both the store and the telephone customer service tell me there is nothing they can do as this was reserved on line and that makes it a rogers.com problem. You are the sixth person I have talked to. The first 5 all said it was your problem.

Cxxx says: There's nothing we can unfortunately do to swap the device, as equipment swaps are only available in store or by returning it and re-ordering it (in the case of ordering from our website through a different method). I'm afraid to have this swapped for a Rogers iPhone it would need to be done by store, as it's something they would need to arrange on their end

MG says: I cannot continue to argue with every one. The store manager says no way there is nothing further he can do except send the iphone back to Rogers, He states it is an ATT phone and must be sent back to Rogers head office. Customer service says I need to cancel this order and reserve another. They tell me only you can cancel the order as it was reserved online.

Cxxx says: If the reservation has been shipped, you can't cancel it though, I agree with what the store had recommended, unfortunately, since once it's shipped, the website reservation system has been completed so only a new one could be made there

MG says: How do I reserve another. My account states I have one shipped! It will not allow me to order another.

Cxxx says: Sorry, it will only let you reserve 1 per line

MG says: Yes I know and that is why I am talking to you.

Cxxx says: The reservation is a self service tool, we're unfortunately not able to manually access it to remove the current one that is there

MG says: Someone at Rogers need to fix this. The store manager has given me a new sim card for my iphone 3G so I can continue to use it. He has reversed all charges and is sending the phone to Rogers. He states that is all he is to do. The reservation system is outside of the store. Customer service states that the reservation system is online ansd cannot be access ed by them to cancel the order. They state it is a online rogers.com problem. Someone needs to fix this so I can order another iphone.

Cxxx says: The store should be able to manually reserve a phone for you with their next shipment, normally they can't, but I can't see why they could not in your case

MG says: Maybe you could phone them and ask them to do that. After all you are Rogers. I am a customer only.

Cxxx says: I apologize, but am I unable to place outgoing calls through Live Support, as we handle multiple chats at once and do not have access to phones

Well there you have it. I cannot order another iphone on the reservation system. I must go about the old fashioned way of calling around looking for an iphone 4s.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Wait so you got an AT&T iPhone 4S through ROGERS'S reservation system...?

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes. It was a locked ATT iphone 4s with an ATT sim card inside. 

No one at Rogers cares. Sad people there. They must be stress. I escalated my complaint. 

Has anyone bee able to get the reservation system reset so they could order another iphone 4s?

I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't understand why at the store they didn't just grab the next iPhone4s out of the pile? Also very weird that an AT&T phone got sent to Rogers..
I Plan to Stick Around

Chris - Everyone at Rogers admits it is a very odd situation. No one I spoke to had ever seen or heard of it before. The Store manager told he only has reserved iphone 4s left and cannot give them away. His next shipment is 10 days and I was welcome to call and see if any are available at that time. The store stated several times that it was not their problem.

It is not the situation that bothers me so much as no one wants to fix it. The store says the stock came from Rogers and it is their problem to replace it. The telephone customer care reps x3 (including the manager)  state it is the stores or online support that has to fix it. The online support reps x2 state it is customer care that has to fix it. All state that ther reservation system is outside of their authority to fix. No one even knows who to contact to ask questions about the reservation system. They do not know who at Rogers is running the reservation system and who is able to reset it so I can reserve another iphone.

This is not standard or acceptable for a large customer based service corporation to be this totally lost - but then it is Rogers.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You think they would have a procedure in place for defective reservation phones? that is kinda important,   expecting phones to work out of the box 100% of the time is not a great assumption, phones can be DOA.   This is a great impact on the customer and his/her experience.  They should ship extras to the store "Just In Case"  that would have solved this issue but ohh noo, the person or persons responsible for creating the reservation system did not take that into effect.  It goes to show you were they in a hurry to rush out this reservation system without looking at all the possible problems?

I'm a Senior Advisor

I guess I just don't understand why the specific phone was assigned to you and not just 'a' phone in their inventory... Yes in the end the last guy would not get a phone but in that case the store should deal with it..

As for dealing with the online reservation system I bet there is no frontline access to it. Everyone is passing the buck because in reality no one knows who should deal with it..

In the end Rogers should fix the problem, you just need to find someone willing to take responsibility to get it fixed, until then they hope the problem will just go away on it's own and you will pick one up from regular stock...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I would highly recommend to you to get online on twitter and talk to @RogersHelps, @RogersMary, @RogersElise, @RogersRavi, @RogersMiranda and expose your issue. They will ask your information and contact you to inquire about the issue.

I know @RogersMary as alot of contacts and direct feed from "Rogers Office of the President" and can get your issue rolling and resolved.

EDIT: Like mentionned above the sales rep at the store should have taken a look at his inventory, see if any other phone were from  ATT  and pass you a good one. He should be the one handling it and calling back his distributor to see what went wrong and why you got handled a ATT phone. Maybe it's the distributor mixing up its boxes but in no case should the burden be put on your end.

EDIT2: Well i left them a twitter msg for you . They should look into this.