iphone 3g problem buying ringtones

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

iphone 3g problem buying ringtones

I haven't been able to but any ringtones recently. If I enter my number online for a text message to be sent to my phone so I can download it from there, all it does is redirect me a page where I see the cover art for whatever CD it is, The name of the track, the CD, and ringtone but nothing for actually buying the ringtone. Is there something wrong?

***edited labels***
Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: iphone 3g problem buying ringtones

"the only way to buy ringtones for the iphone devices, is to use itunes"

This statement is true but it is not the only way to get ringtones on the device. Simply searching online for "ringtones, iphone" will provide websites to download ringtones to your computer and sync them to your device through iTunes (Same as you would do with songs from a cd). Also I believe iTunes has the ability for you to create ringtones from a full song file.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

the only way to buy ringtones for the iphone devices, is to use itunes, you can not buy them via the web browser. you can thank apple computer for that

Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

"the only way to buy ringtones for the iphone devices, is to use itunes"

This statement is true but it is not the only way to get ringtones on the device. Simply searching online for "ringtones, iphone" will provide websites to download ringtones to your computer and sync them to your device through iTunes (Same as you would do with songs from a cd). Also I believe iTunes has the ability for you to create ringtones from a full song file.

View solution in original post