internet gaming

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

internet gaming

hey, i currently bought a ps4 and i wanted to connect it with rogers internet to play online, since i have a 80gb connection how much gb do i spend when i play?

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: internet gaming

Looked around.. there are no exact numbers.. as it seems to varry from game to game..

seems to be, on average, between 50mb to 200mb / hour, depending on the game itself.

Using other streaming services on the PS4, like youtube, netflix, etc... will have different usage, based on what those services draw.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Gdkitty is correct. Your usage may vary on a daily basis. This could be due to multiplayer gaming activity, gaming updates/patches that needs to be downloaded, system patches/updates that needs to be downloaded, if you buy your games online instead of on disk, streaming video service, etc. Some of these items will only range a few hundred megabytes, and could scale up to gigabytes or more.

If you are just doing multiplayer gaming, its typically safe to say that you may use only a few hundred megabytes a day. It's recommended that you keep track of your usage on a day-to-day basis using the usage reports that Rogers gives you.

I'm an Advisor

jari:

I do a lot of multi-player and online gaming on my PC, with games like COD Ghosts. My internet data usage is very low, certainly not GB's per day. As others said, probably a few hundred megabytes tops, and that's playing for a few hours a day. Unless the PS4 is very different, I doubt you'll notice a lot with it either. I also have a PS3 and have done some limited online stuff, but mostly downloading new games. Of course, downloading games is a totally different thing and your usage will be lots of GB's. I find games tend to be in the 25 to 30GB size range. On the PC side, I get most of my games from Steam and automatically get game updates as they are released.