iPhone question

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

iPhone question

Hey guys, my dad has a white i5 and i have a black, but i'm with rogers and he's with telus, what happens if we switch the sim cards? Because i want to use the white one at times. Thanks in advance!

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: iPhone question

it won't work, your black iphone is locked to rogers and your dads white iphone is locked to telus.  you will have to trade it with someone who has a white rogers locked iphone and hope they are willing to accept your black iphone in exchange. otherwise you have to sell it privately, recoup some of the money and buy another one. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello will2145

If your dads is the white iPhone 5 with telus, it will be locked to Telus. You will not be able to use the phone on the Rogers network seeing as it is locked to Telus and same goes with your phone on Rogers. Its locked to the carrier you bought it with.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi, I have a similar question, I have the black and have a 3 year deal with rogers, but I'm wanting to switch to the white version... is it possible to exchange it at the apple store, if so, would there be a price? thanks!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Yzerman

You are NOT able to switch it anymore via Rogers or Apple. They will not let you. You can always put it up on Kijiji or Craigslist & ask to trade for a white one & see what people say / offer. You can also Sell the black one & buy a white version with that money as well.
I Plan to Stick Around

awh, even if I have like a issue with a phone?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Yzerman

Yes even if you have a issue with the phone, you still need to get it replaced with the same Model & color you got. They do NOT make exceptions & such. Rogers nor Apple will change the color unless they color of the phone is causing the the issue. There is no issue that can make them change the color at the moment & i really doubt they will change it.

You are stuck with that color unless like i said, you either sell it & buy a white version OR trade it with someone that has a white one & is looking for a black one.

I Plan to Stick Around

alright, thanks meowmix