iPhone - incoming calls go directly to voicemail

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HAMMERGIRL
I've Been Around

Re: iPhone - incoming calls go directly to voicemail

I have been having this problem plus another problem- my answering system sends all of my paged messages thru Rogers and I receive them as text messages- I am not receiving them or I receive them approx 2 hrs and 10 mins later most of the time but initially was receiving these messages more than 24 hours later. I have been on the phone with my answering service twice for extended periods and their tech staff say that they are working with Roger's to resolve yet when I spoke to Roger's they have denied that I am having a problem at all and say they have sent test messages they confirm I received!!! - all are 2 hours and 10 minutes later.. Mr Roger's I have tried all of your remedies and none have worked- my clients dont like me when I return an important call the next day. Please own up else I will be seeking a release from my contract!!!

Realtor in Hamilton using Iphone 5 purchased Dec. '12 from Rogers store at Limeridge Mall.

markwatts
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: iPhone - incoming calls go directly to voicemai

I'm having a similar problem with my iPhone 5S and am not getting much satisfaction from Rogers tech support. I'm having some calls go straight to Voicemail and not having the voicemail show up until 24 hours later. They suggested putting my SIM card in my wife's phone and replicating the problem. It is not OK to take my wife's phone off line to trouble shoot my phone service issues. 

As I rely on my phone professionally, each missed phone call represents either a signficant potential financial loss or a very unhappy customer. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello markwatts

This is a NORMAL tech support issue every carrier will tell you to do. They ask you to remove your sim card & put it into your wifes phone / families phone to see if the issue is present still. If it is, it means its the sim card causing it. This is NORMAL to do so i really do not see how this is not okay if u will just be testing it for a couple of minutes....

If you have warranty, you can send back the device & get it checked out from the techs & see if they can fix the issue / Take it to your local Apple store & have them check it out OR if you do not have warranty then you can take it in but they might ask u to pay for a repair if it is needed.

I would suggest doing what they said tho with ur wifes phone for a couple of minutes.

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@markwatts 

As @Meowmix  said this is standard procedure but i understand sometimes it's not always convenient.

Wanted to throw in that Rogers did have alot of reports of customers inadvertently turning on "Do not Disturb" mode on iPhone which rejects calls (Half moon symbol on the status bar). I know this is probably not the case but wanted to throw it out there. Also if you feel your issues aren't being resolved to your satisfaction you could always mention to the Tech that you would like to have this issue escalated. There is certain information they will need such as the times of these failed attempts and the numbers of the people trying to get a hold of you. The will forward off the information to the Escalation group who will then run a trace on the calls and see why they are not going through.

Ever gain any ground on this issue?

RogersAsif

markwatts
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the suggestions.

Support did end up doing an Escalation and I did have a productive conversation with a Tech. We had looked at the "do not disturb" whcih is something i turn on and off every night. This was more thant that as the call is also not logged as a missed call and as the voicemail is showing up 24 hours later I am clueless until then. 

We did reset my network connnection and if the problem presists I will replace the SIM card before I engage support again. 

rgl168
I Plan to Stick Around

Also I also had a situation where my SO would not call her mom for over 6 months - all calls went to voicemail or a recording that caller not available.  I hunted around the various settings and found that mom's phone had that the phone number placed on the ignore list.

Moral of the story:  double check the number to make sure that number is not flagged as ignore or forward directly to voicemail.

futurodio
I've Been Around

Never seen this before!

Every incoming calls go directly to my voicemail. I can receive text, facetime calls, emails. I can make calls, text, facetime, everything.

So far from every recommandation i have seen I have done and check the following

-rebooting iphone
-reseting network seting
-remove sim card and replace it back
-erase all seting and upload back my setting
-erase all seting and set up as new
-check the do not disturb activation, call forwarding
-air plane mode on for 10 second and back off
-data usage to 2g or off
-removing wi-fi

I really don't know what else i can do!

RogersAdam
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi 

View solution in original post

Hmarasco
I've Been Around

Why are my iPhone 7 phone calls going straight to voicemail?

RogersMaude

Hi there @Hmarasco,

Welcome to the Rogers Community & Thank you for your post!

I understand that not being able to receive incoming calls can cause some major inconveniences.

We most definitely want to help you sort this out!

In order to do so, we'll need some more information from you:

• What troubleshooting steps did you go through thus far?
  • Have you verified whether the "Do Not Disturb" feature was deactivated?
  • If not, when did this issue start happening?

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude