iPhone download speed on hitron wifi

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

iPhone download speed on hitron wifi

Using the new hitron router at home and have a 150mb connection. My pc, and new ipad have great connectivity and fast downloading speeds(50 mb/s) as expected. However the two iPhones (4s and 5) will connect to wifi fine but have very slow download speed (0.5-2mb/s) which makes streaming and downloading apps a terrible experience. However if I turn on AirPlay to one of my two my Apple TV's and turn on mirroring then the iPhones will download at 50 mb/s. once AirPlay and mirroring is turned off then I'm back to turtle speed. I suspect thee is a interference between atv's, iPhone, and hitron wifi. Apple is a dead end with a sr technician not returning my emails anymore as they have taken info from my iPad,iPhone, atv's. Rogers says it is a apple issue. Funny thing is that this issue came up when I got the new hitron but also at the same time the iPhones and iPads upgraded to iOS 6 from 5. Don't know if it is the hitron, the iOS or a combination. When I go next door to a bell wifi and connect no issues at all. When a bell iPhone comes to my house they have the same slow connection. I feel it is the iOS connection in the iPhone specifically to Rogers network. But who am I.... Anyone else out there experience this issue?? Been having this issue since the intro of hitron and iOS 6. Maybe iOS 7 will solve???

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: iPhone download speed on hitron wifi

Hopefully the new iOS may solve this for you.

It may just be a combination of everything..  The PC and ipad, show that you CAN get the speeds over the wireless..
It may be the OS, the specific wireless card in used in the phones, and the hitron, just dont talk well together Smiley Sad

one other option, would be if you have (or buy) a 3rd party router to use in place of the build in wifi on the hitron.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: iPhone download speed on hitron wifi

Thanks for the reply. I suspect a third party router would solve the issue as you suggested. Ill wait for the new iOS and if that doesn't solve it then I guess that would be my only option.