cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Value Pack

mazharx
I'm Here A Lot

Hi, I have an iPhone Value Pack that costs me $5/- extra per month. I have tried to call the customer service asking for what this pack additionally provides and also tried to check on the website, but there is no information available. Can someone please tell me what this pack is and what are its benifits. I might want to just discontinue it if its not a useful add-on.

Thanks

Mazhar

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: iPhone Value Pack

RogersMay
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @mazharx and welcome to the Community Forums!

How long have you had the value pack for?

Take a look at the link here for more information on our in-market value packs.

If it is an older expired value pack that has been on the account for some time we will need to look into your account for more details.

Thanks,

RogersMay

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

RogersMay
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @mazharx and welcome to the Community Forums!

How long have you had the value pack for?

Take a look at the link here for more information on our in-market value packs.

If it is an older expired value pack that has been on the account for some time we will need to look into your account for more details.

Thanks,

RogersMay

Thank you moderate for the link. All questions answered and I think this add-on is a good one, I'll keep it. Thank you! Regards
Mazhar

Jay_Starks
I Plan to Stick Around

I would like to add the 5$ iPhone value pack on my account but don't want the premium voicemail to text, i want to keep my enhanced voicemail which works well with the voicemail app included in the iPhone phone app... It that possible?

The VM to text is ONTOP of the regular voicemail..  I think it just texts it to you as WELL as going in to check/delete, etc as normal.

Its not directly on the website.. but i know its available (as i was able to get it on my wifes)

There is a $5 addon pack which had the VISUAL VOICEMAIL as well.

Jay_Starks
I Plan to Stick Around

Am on the myrogers site right now and i can't find a value pack with visual voicemail, the only one i can find is this one...

there's nothing i can find that relates to Visual Voicemail, nothing at all... Does visual voicemail still ecxist?

$5 Value Pack iPhone

- Premium Voicemail-To-Text & 35 voice messages
- U.S. & International Preferred Rate
- Unlimited U.S. & International Text Messages
- Name Display
- Who CalledTM

mazharx
I'm Here A Lot
Voice mail to text means visual voicemail isn't it?

Jay_Starks
I Plan to Stick Around

Am wondering the same thing.... The impression that i got is this, (Visual Voicemail) is the one that works with the iPhone built in phone app... that means no need to dial in to retreive your voicemail, it gets downloaded straight to the phone app, which you can listen in any order that you want.  Voicemail to text uses the messages app (on the iphone) and give you a text version of the voicemail via MMS, that means if someone leave a voicemail like, "Jay call me back as soon as possible", you will receive a text (MMS) saying "Jay call me back as soon as possible" with the voice version next to the text... The voice part still gets downloaded to the phone but via the messages app because it's received as a MMS... That's how i think it works!

Can somebody can clear this up? I don't want Voicemail to text, i want Visual voicemail.

Yes. I have that with this same pack $5/-

Jay_Starks
I Plan to Stick Around

what do you have with your value pack? Can you be more specifc please?

Sorry.....

I have: (Visual Voicemail), the one that works with the iPhone built in phone app... that means no need to dial in to retreive your voicemail, it gets downloaded straight to the phone app, which you can listen in any order that you want.

With call back option.

Regards

Mazhar

Jay_Starks
I Plan to Stick Around

Is your value pack old? When did you add that value pack to your account? Like i said before impossible to find it on the website, this is exactly what i want, Visual Voicemail...

Hi

I got the pack on 31-Dec-2015

My requirement was to send text messages internationally for free.

Regards

Mazhar

Jay_Starks
I Plan to Stick Around

Thank you i will try today to get the iPhone 5$ value pack added to my account and see if i get the Visual Voicemail instead of the Premium Voice to text feature...

Jay_Starks
I Plan to Stick Around

I tried to add the value pack online and the system won't let me, gave a call to Rogers and waited 36 minutes just to tell me that he couldn't add it because the system was down.... He told me he would text me back to confirm that it was added to my account, but i said NO forget about it ill call another time, he instisted to tell me it would be resolve in a couple of mins , i just told him leave it like that don"t touch nothing on my account i will call back if i ever need it... Always problems with Rogers ALWAYS!!

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
As I had mentioned above, yeah the site won't let you add the visual VM pack online.
It's completely different than the one there.
I had to do it over the phone.

Jay_Starks
I Plan to Stick Around

I never saw the Visual Voicemail value pack, only the 5$ iPhone value pack which also can't be added online...

Jay_Starks
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok i did some digging on the site and this is what understand

Visual Voicemail Plus: (Visual voicemail+Voicemail to text)

With Visual Voicemail Plus you can listen to and READ messages without dialing into your voicemail service. Visual Voicemail Plus is available for BlackBerry® and Android™ devices and any phone that supports picture/video (MMS) messages! That means you have to download Rogers Visual Voicemail Plus application to use this feature!

-Includes Enhanced Voicemail. Receive up to 35, five-minute messages and save each one for up to 10 days. Record a personalized greeting up to 3 minutes long.
-Get your voicemail messages automatically pushed to your phone as an audio file and transcribed text.
-No need to dial in to check voicemail messages or enter a password.
-Listen to or read your voicemail messages in any order you want.
-Stuck in a meeting? Read your voicemails discretely.
-Enjoy one-click call back or response via SMS/MMS/email.
-Keep a record of those important voicemails forever.
-Have messages on your device synch with messages in your voicemail mailbox.

Cost:10$ a month

Voicemail to Text:

Voicemail to Text spoken through Nuance converts your voicemail messages into text messages and sends them directly to your wireless device. Plus, your voicemail messages are still available for you to listen to the same way you always retrieve them.

-No need to listen or replay your voicemail messages to capture phone numbers or directions
-Easily stay on top of urgent issues when you can't answer the phone.
-The text message shows who called you - giving you a simple, one-click callback.
-Both English and French voicemail to text conversions are supported.

Again you need to download the Rogers application to your phone to use this feature!

Cost:6$ a month

Visual Voicemail for iPhone: (iPhone version)

With Visual Voicemail services for iPhone , voicemail is pushed to your device so you can listen to your messages without having to dial into your voicemail service.

With Visual Voicemail for iPhone you can listen to all your messages without having to dial into your voicemail service. Manage all your voicemail via the pre-loaded, iPhone Visual Voicemail application.

-Includes Enhanced Voicemail. Receive up to 35, five-minute messages and save each one for up to 10 days. Record a personalized greeting up to 3 minutes long.
-Get your voicemail messages automatically pushed to your phone as an audio file.
-The Phone button on the home screen of your iPhone shows the total number of missed calls and unheard voicemail messages you have.
-No need to dial in to check voicemail messages or to enter a password.
-Listen to your voicemail messages in any order you want.

Cost:10$ a month

There you go guys!! Hope it helps people differentiate between the different services with names that can easily confuse us customers!

Those are great descriptions as to what they differences are 🙂

Though, the pricing is not correct on them.. thats much older pricing.

As I said... i dont really trust what is online.

If you want to get any added.. including visual voicemail (which you cant see online anyways),  Call In.

Jay_Starks
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok i finally added the 5$ iPhone value pack and got Visual Voicemail not Premium Voicemail to text im happy now 🙂

Works with the built in phone app, and i don't need to press 1 and enter my password which is great!!

This is what i get with the 5$ iPhone value pack

- Premium Voicemail-To-Text  & 35 voice messages (Visual Voicemail for iPhone)
- U.S. & International Preferred Rate
- Unlimited U.S. & International Text Messages
- Name Display
- Who Called

elmerjrg
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi All,

Isn't there an available value pack that includes both visual voice mail and intl. txt messaging for around $5 or am I just dreaming?

Thanks,

Elmer

Topic Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 12 Likes
  • 8 in conversation