iPhone: Network Issue

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

iPhone: Network Issue

I was having major issues with my Iphone 4 (v. 4.2.1): multiple times in a day couldnt call out, dropped calls, bad reception, slow internet.

I went to Apple they gave me a new phone right away in the store and it has been working fine.  I checked the version of software and it says 4.1 and I am thinking that the crucial factor right there.

My advice, if you are under warrant go to Apple and get a new phone. They don't hassle you.

Hope this helps.

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone: Network Issue

Hello Idl

Have you tried contacting Rogers threw a house phone or a friends phone to see what is going on? Sadly there is no status page or way on here to find out unless another user in that area posts here.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

ok maybe not ..just started experiencing similar problem cant call out!!!!

THIS IS TOTALLY A ROGERS NETWORK ISSUE!!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am so sick of the problems I have had with ROgers and no one has addressed this issue. I am going to cancel my account and make sure I spread the word about how unreliable Rogers Network Is. It`s useless. WHy are we paying so much.

I live in GTA and I HAVE NO SERVICE!!!!

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

You say you live in the GTA and have No Service... Do you actually see No Service? or just low reception?

What device are you using? Is it just a certain location or any location?

There are alot of different things aside from the network that can cause service issues (Device, SIM, Location, Connection, etc). Personally I travel all over the GTA and have both a 3GS and Xperia X10 that has signal. I would suggest contacting technical support before jumping to a network issue.

Cheers

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi Tahnya110,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues. WiseD made a detailed response in the other thread you created here:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/Apple_Devices/thread-id/808

I recommend continuing in that thread to see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It said "No Service".

I called rogers they said they had to reset the sim card.

Since I have signed up with Rogers and got an Iphone here's my problems:

- Calls fail about 40% of the time, meaning 40% of the time I can't call out, meaning I can't use my phone as a phone

- Call drop at least 30% of the time

- Internet goes down to speeds of 0.6-0.4 mbps regularly

What Rogers has done:

- Reset the network

- Did some registry thing that is supposedly really network specific and was suppose to resolve the issue

- Reset the SIM

What I did:

- Got a new phone

What happened:

NOTHING. Same **bleep** service.

GET A 4G Network is all is can say!

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi Tahnya110,

If your calls are failing almost half of the time and one in three calls drop then you indeed have a very serious issue. It sounds like quite a few bases were covered but here are a few more things to try:

- Sim card:

Try another sim card in your device, see if there is a difference. You can do this at any Rogers store, there is a good chance this is the cause of your issues. You

- Restore as new:

Perform a restore as new. Try to sync as much information as possible, perform a restore and do not restore your backup (Give your phone a different name!). In the case of getting a new device do not restore any previous backups due to possible corruption.

- Escalate:

The last option we have is to escalate this issue, it may be an issue with the network. If you call our technical support, they will make sure all the steps above as well as the ones provided have been completed and gather as much information as possible to fix the issue.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you can also try your sim card in another device, that way you can check to see if the device has a power amplifier problem.

Highlighted
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks Pauly. 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a new sim card. I am going to see how that works. The symptoms don't seem to be a SIM card issue. It is apparent that it's a phone to network issue. I noticed when I was in N. York centre my phone worked perfectly as it should and I searched towers around me and there were 3. When I am in my condo in downtown on one side of my condo where only one tower is close I have 2 bars, I just walk to the other side facing south where 3 towers are located I have full bars.

If the signals are not strong enough for Iphone's to pick up then maybe Rogers needs to add more towers. I guess 4G won't make a difference as the phone isn't compatible with it.  I have spoken to 3 people with Bell and they have no problem? Maybe they have more towers in the areas they are calling from.

Who knows I give up. I am going to use my phone as computer.

Thanks for the help.