cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5 picture message

socrdiva11
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Guys,

Just noticed tonight that for some reason, I can't send photo messages on my iphone 5 to contacts that are not iphone users (ie: i can send photo through imessage to other iphone users, but not to blackberry or android users).

I've checked my data and everything is working fine, turned off the phone and restarted it and the issue is still occuring. The little photo icon beside the text box won't do anything when i tap on it and if i try to send the photo through my photo album, it just tries to send and then says "not delivered"

laura

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: iPhone 5 picture message

socrdiva11
I Plan to Stick Around

hey guys, got it working...seems that when i had my phone on airplane mode while on vacation in cuba, it turned off mms as well...so when i took my phone off airplane mode, mms did not come back on its own, had to manually turn it back on.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

did you make any plan changes recently?

As well as data, you need to have MMS text messaging, not just regular text messaging, to send pictures/video with regular texts (even though yes it uses data, you need that feature to send them).  iMessage will still work, as it goes purely through data.

socrdiva11
I Plan to Stick Around

no plan changes, have always had MMS(have sent picture and video messages before) (worked before i went on vacation) and have a 6GB data plan.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Hmm

Have you done any OS updates?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello socrdiva11

Have you tried backing up the phone on iTunes & doing a factory reset on the phone? Try doing that & see if that fixes the issue.

Another thing is that have you taken out the sim card & powered off the phone? Then put the sim card back in & turn it on. Try that & see.

socrdiva11
I Plan to Stick Around

hey guys, got it working...seems that when i had my phone on airplane mode while on vacation in cuba, it turned off mms as well...so when i took my phone off airplane mode, mms did not come back on its own, had to manually turn it back on.

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation