iPhone 5 LTE speed

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

iPhone 5 LTE speed

Just wonder how fast is your LTE speed on your iPhone 5.Im around GTA area,sometime got 54mb for download speed and 34mb for the upload.But also 7mb for download sometime.

How fast is yours,just share below.Thanks everyone and have a nice weekend.

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: iPhone 5 LTE speed

I used Speed test here in Toronto, On & here are my results.

51.45Mbps Download speeds
23.15Mbps Upload speeds.
Ping 43ms

Using LTE of course.
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm wondering if people are seeing a 4G icon when LTE isn't available.  I've been hearing a lot about 3G and LTE but I'm wondering if anybody has kciked into the 4G territory as that icon is avialble and Rogers has HSDPA+ (I believe) on their network.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Cian04

No, Rogers has not added the "4G" icon on the iPhone's yet. This is something Apple Canada & the carriers in Canada need to work on. AT&T shows 3G, 4G & LTE on theirs.
I Plan to Stick Around

Is this something that comes from a carrier profile update on the iPhone? Do other phones do this? How can you tell what kind of service you're really getting then?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@cain04

All the other phones will show H+ or 4G. This is something like i said Apple Canada & all the carriers in Canada need to look in. Bell, Telus, Fido, Rogers, Virgin & the rest only show GSM / EDGE / 3G & LTE ( if LTE is on the carrier).

You can not tell unless you use a app like Speed Test to see how much you the speeds.

Most likely Rogers needs to push out a update in order to do this OR it may change by it self. A few people have said on their 4S they seen 4G icon but never proved it & they said it only came up for a second & thats all.
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope somebody at Rogers reads this and gets their act together on this.

Also Meow, on a seperate note, any scratching on your phone? Did you get the black? I'm afraid to get a slim case on mine that is hard as I'm afraid it will scratch the edges going on and coming off.

Also, any dry application shields that you can recommend?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Cain04

I got the 32GB Black version. No scratches or dents at all. I am using the Otter Box Defender case right now. I am only using this case on the phone.
I Plan to Stick Around

Did you guys apply any screen protector for both sides of the phone?

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't have my phone yet (I moved to "In Progress" last night so I don't know when I'll be getting it). I bought the "potentially plagued" black version and want to keep it in good shape. I want something slim but something soft as I'm afraid a tight fitting hard shell will scratch the black off going on of coming off. I'm thinking of using it without case and just a screen protector. But that beautiful aluminum scratching scares me.