iPhone 5 Cases

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

iPhone 5 Cases

Just wondering what case everyone is getting. I was thinking about  the otterbox commuter maybe in white or black. http://www.otterbox.com/iPhone-5-Commuter-Series/apl4-new-iphone-5,default,pd.html?dwvar_apl4-new-ip...

any other suggestions? 

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: iPhone 5 Cases

Really it comes down to personal preference... protection vs size.

Some people dont like to make it bigger/bulky, so go with a basic thin case.. but they dont offer alot of protection, and break easy.

My wife and i both have 4's right now.

She has one of the commuter series for the 4.  its a pretty good case overall, but the way the hard case attaches to the rubber, i find not always super tight, and could catch if you kept it in your pocket, etc.

Myself, i have one of the defender series.  GREAT case and protection, has its own screen protector thing.. great for me since i have a tendancy to drop it alot 😛  But it does make the phone VERY bulky.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

picked up an Incipio Smartflex Card case from CASE123 in Markham, but will be getting the Urban Armor Gear from them as soon as it is available.  These are the best looking rugged case i have seen so far, and is still pretty slim.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the otterbox Defender for my iPhone 5 and love it. Got the box Monday (Had the phone Friday morning!). works perfect with no problems and very very protective!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I picked up the RocketFish soft shell TPU case from Best Buy and so far, I'm quite fond of it.

I hate overly bulky cases that make the iPhone three times as thick and I also hate those feather light case that don't even protect the top edge of the phone. As far as I'm concerned, this is the perfect middle ground. It'll still protect the phone in everyday usage plus, it has a lip, meaning you can lay the phone screen down without worrying about the table scratching it. And despite that, it's still a very sleek, thin case.

This isn't the kind of case that will protect your phone if your throw it against the wall, but it will protect the phone from scratches and from the occasional normal drop. Also, it's very simple and elegant, so it doesn't have any of the ridiculous, tacky designs that so many cases these days seem to have. I like it.

This is definitely my favourite case that I've come across so far - at least until Magpul decides to release an iPhone 5 case.

P.S. If you're interested in the RocketFish soft shell case, it's 5 bucks off at Best Buy until the 30th. After that, it goes from $20 to $25.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered a Belkin view case and it's coming. Can give review when it arrives. Their grip candy sheer cases look good but most colours were sold out.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have been using the commuter case for iPhone 5 in black since last Friday and have some thoughts on it. The overall quality is nice, it will provide very good protection for the phone.

There are a number of downsides to this model and they are mostly in the ways it is different from the iPhone 4/4S cases:

1: On the bottom the case, in between the flaps to protect the ports are sharp. If you hold the phone by the bottom this will become uncomfortable.
2: The lip around the phone is rather deep, much more so then other phones of this kind that I have found. It does not impare my ability to type but I do wish it was a touch smaller.

It is my #1 complaint that gets me, the way I hold the case is uncomfortable which really is going to make the case a problem for me.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Enthusiast

I for one hate bulky cases. I got a bumper off eBay for about $2. Also picked up 10 matte screen protectors for $.50 a pop. As long as I don't drop it, I should be fine. Bumper+Screen protector is good enough for me to get through daily usage.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a Speck Candyshell on it and am happy enough with it - I have an affinity to iskin but their clear case isn't ready yet.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I ordered the Griffin Reveal, It's like a bumper but has a clear back to it. I think it came to like $30 with shipping... I also ordered

Spigen SGP screen protector. Hopefully I will get them soon before my iPhone gets in.